6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyUSA

Dang imagine having a child, new wife, new country, new finances, playing for the most popular club in the world, and playing in am underperforming team?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Now that he's forming a decent base with McTominay, it seems destined that Scott is now out injured so we lose any momentum. Because post-Fergie United.

If we could just take out Andreas and let Pogba do his thing as the furthest forward, surrounded by the pace and directness of Martial, James and Rashford we could be genuinely frightening.

AR87

His first touch and close control today set the table for him to show his passing range. If he can be at that level consistently our midfield will be stronger, and our ability to create chances much improved.

stu_1992

If he can keep that sort of performance up he should retain his place in the team even when Pogba comes back. If so, I'd put Pogba in as a number 10. Not his best position but we've seen he can be effective there and it would be a shame to break up the partnership of Fred and McTominay who are looking more than solid at the minute.

AFC NimbleThumb

Being at the game today was rather impressed by him, by his standards.

His touch looks the best since he got to the club & he’s looking composes when pressed on the ball.

Definitely aren’t this run in the team & hopefully he grows with it.

Grande

He’s been slowly improving these last five games. Today we saw his most consistent 90 mins for us. I hope anyone who ever wrote ‘I don’t see what he brings to the table’ or ‘can he even play football’ rewatch this games a couple of times. The problem with him has been getting used to the league/team and consistency all the way. Let’s hope he continues to improve on his consistency.

meamth

Liked his tenacity. Something like Herrera but with a bit more flair in him.

His stamina is immensely improving, I'm knackered myself watching him tracking back covering for Brandon.

Foxbatt

I think he will improve as he plays more matches. Has a long range shot and now it looks like his passing is getting better too. He always has an eye for a pass but in the past he gets it wrong but now today he was good.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's a player who takes some risks on trying not to always do the obvious pass, so his passing % will never be up there.

Bwuk

His best game since he joined - but let's be honest Brighton didn't offer much.

Tarrou

Big relief that he's starting to show promise as we're so thin in midfield

I like his energy and the fact he takes risks with his forward passing, and he seems to balance with McT really well.

If I'm being super critical, he still needs to improve his short passing. He seems to regularly hit a short simple pass just 10% off in terms of pace or direction, or just randomly bobble it somehow, giving the recipient less time and space. Though even that aspect has improved a lot since last season.

Alfie092

His big issues were that he gave the ball away far too often with unnecessary passes and when pressed on the ball he seemed to get flustered a lot.

He is starting to show he is adapting to the English game now. He seems to be more composed on the ball especially when pressed and his passing seems to be more crisp. He defensive game has always been good in my view especially when it comes to pressing and having the stamina to press opponents all game. He has reasonable pace about him too which is a big plus.

Just hope he keeps this level of performance up and show it on a more regular basis. If so, we have a proper player on our hands :drool:

My MOTM yesterday.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Slowly but surely he's adapting to our play but he needs to add consistency to his game from here before I'm totally sold on him.

He still shirks from challenging for headers against the opposition.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I still have reservations about him but that was a good performance, he's really benefitting from this run in the team. He and McTominay seem to have a lot of trust in one another. He has a wicked shot on him, I think he'll bang a few in before the end of the season. I think his best moment was that through ball from midfield for Martial just before the third goal, both he and McTominay have been attempting more adventurous balls recently which I think has really helped us out going forward.

Foxbatt

I like the fact that he is in space a lot more than anyone else. He knows to create space for himself and is open for a pass always.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had very good game, tried few though balls which resulted in few attacks. Consistent run of games is doing lot of good for him. Hopefully he will kick on from here. Also for the first played like a Brazilian player, with tricks and flicks.

andycolegangstainnit

Decent but not exceptional player. He'd be in my current XI with SM alongside and PP as 10 behind the front 3. Problem is his price tag. If he'd been £30m this thread would be 25 not almost 50 pages. Matic and Mata need replacign with quality. If and when that happens he'll revert to the bench

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I've always known he's had that in him but something about him is "wrong". I don't know why I feel he will go back to spraying it all over the place next game.

It's like he has the ability but just mentally panics or something some games.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Hes's been looking better for the last month or so, and against Brighton he stepped it up again and had by far his best game for us. Previously his good games have generally involved his defensive workload, but against Brighton for the first time he really dominated on the ball. Some of the through balls he was playing were ones that nobody other than Pogba are capable of doing. If he can keep playing like that and we bring Pogba in as well (please Ole, play Pogba alongside/slight in front of Fred and McTominay instead of replacing one of them) we suddenly look like a seriously dangerous team.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Credit where its due, he's been really good this season. The Brighton match was the best one yet i think. He's improved and his partnership with Scott is working. We just need to combine those two with Pogba.

Machine Elements

Need a big game from him today. Maybe better than his last performance against Brighton as we don't have anyone in midfield other than him.

PINGUtd

Seems he and AWB were the only two players that could win us a ball today. I know, he was far from perfect, passing was definitely below expectations, but Fred was one of our better players todays. I really appreciated to see how hard he was working even if nothing was going our way.

Andersons Dietician

Felt like given the circumstances he was alright today. Didn’t play poorly as I’ve seen some mention. Passing could certainly be better but stopped a good few things and provided cover for others. Got better once the took that fraudster off.

MasterObiwan

He was good today.
If he seemed to be bad, it was problem from pairing with Periera.
After Pereira out, his play and passing were improved apparently.

Bwuk

Anyone who think he’s a Manchester United player are having a laugh.

Hes dreadful.

He was good today considering how badly he was sold out by his midfield partners. He was totally alone out there having to cover every blade of grass.

Zoo

He was decent considering how bad Pereira was next to him and the team in general.

Red00012

Just shows how far we’ve fallen when posters are saying he played well today.

Status
Not open for further replies.