6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

He and Andreas is a midfield is a big no, as the both are very inconsistent passers and struggle when pressed. However, from Fred's point of view, I felt ran his socks off and although his passing was off at times, he kept going and was possibly one of our brightest players, which to be fair, wasnt hard.

Stadjer

He wasnt that bad considering he played against the Sheffield midfield AND Pereira.

Two in midfield today and when one of those two (Pereira) has one of the worst Manchester United midfield performances ever there isnt much that the other midfielder (Fred) can do.

G-manc

I thought he was our best outfield player today and he's been steady the last few games.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not for the first time this season he pretty much played midfield alone today. Did okay considering the circumstances.

spiriticon

I'm one of those who still thinks his signing was pointless but he's been really decent in the last few games. Hopefully he can carve out a niche for himself.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Granted he was the best of our midfield players, but that is a very low bar to clear today.

The problem with Fred is that he can look good when everyone around him is looking good, but hes not a player that can take charge and lift players around him it seems.

C'est Moi Cantona

He was better not playing, that way we could pretend he was actually a really good player who just had other issues going on, the more I see him, the more I don't want to see him.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Agree with most of you. He was lost today but tried and was defensively maybe our overall best player.
He will never be a 50+ Mio midfielder setting the world alight but at least it is obvious what his positives are.
I still have no idea what Pereira or Lingard might be good at.

jackal&hyde

Very bad first half like the rest of the team but better in the second half. I will not judge him to much when he was literally the only CM in the team, you are not going to look too good. Put McTominay or Pogba next to him and it's a different story.

Litch

Bar might be low but that's a different argument as 60% of this team shouldn't be Utd players or the manager; he was for me again our best player for the last 3-4 games. Anyone who's played the game at any level knows how hard football can be when you are playing with not only a player that's not a midfielder but one that's out of form anyway.

soapythecat

He’s getting a bad time of it from fans but I can see positives from him.
Set aside how much he cost, and given he is one of the few decent CM we have, I think we have to work with him for a season or two.
He has great work rate and when alongside McT he looks good. When Pogba comes back, and hopefully plays in front of these two I think we have a very dynamic midfield 3, I really do.
We need a CM in January, regardless of how well he plays, but he is getting better each week and did well yesterday considering.

Nick7

One of the only players who were above shit for 90 minutes. He wasn't great, but he was the only one playing midfield.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If you were to combine Fred and Periera you'd still end up with a substandard player.

Again, we forked out 50 million on this guy. Wow.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Well, he didn‘t play good yesterday since midfield is outrunned and outnumbered, a lot of sloppy passes especially in first half. However, given that he was paired with Pereira I would say that was a good performance for a player who received a handicap. Basically playing by himself in midfield, has to consider what he did as good to play alone against 3 Sheffield midfielder, can’t expect 1 man to perform against 3.

simplyared

This guy is just not good enough. He brings absolutely nothing to the table. He doesn't create anything. There certainly isn't a goal in him and he doesn't even know how to tackle. Con merchant! Maybe being a bit hard on the lad but I just have no belief whatsoever in him.

Foxbatt

What did you expect a two man midfield that comprises Periera to do? It is not rocket science that 2 v 2 the better 2 will win. When you have 4 v 2 or sometimes 5 v2 it is impossible. Fred had an impossible task. There was no way he was going to win. When you get knackered running up and down, then you lose concentration and you make mistakes. Your passing gets wayward and your control becomes difficult. It is entirely Ole's fault for putting him in an impossible situation.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s game, he works hard and I admire the fact that he wants the ball but, ultimately, I suspect he’s just not very good, or at least not good enough to push us on from here.

Andersons Dietician

I mean he was probably our MOTM but really not saying much. Loved when the Mic caught him swearing telling the boys to get it together. Works his ass off, gets stuck in and at times looks quite tidy on the ball. That but of skill in the first half to peg whoever it was silky. Few nice passes to boot.

Untd55

Probably the best player for the last two games, amongst some dreadful team performances. He does try to drive the team forward.

Devil may care

One of the better players today, and it's not easy given he's got Pereira next to him who looks lost as a CM.

KrasHammerhand

He is starting to fit in. I hope he continues this once Pogs & McTominey return. It is the start of a midfield.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He may lack some finesse, but he's all over the place. Starting to become like the Shakthar Fred: an engine player that his main strength is to give energy to the team, make the opposition midfield run more than they usually do. Unfortunately our midfield is not very mobile, and he becomes lonely at his work.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Looks more relaxed now. Literally,along with James in the 2nd half,the only consistent performer last night.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Him and Rashford were brilliant today. And that's saying a lot because the rest of the team set a high standard themselves.

mewnew11

What a brilliant performance. Having mctominay next to him helps.

He was everywhere today. Some of the passing between the lines was orgasmic

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's different class. Nobody outworks him on the pitch. Not one.

The best compliment i can give him is i expect this standard from him. He's been at this level for a few months now.

Well done to him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a game he had, defensively very good and his passing was very good, on the ground and through passes.

Between him and Rashford for MOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.