6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

He was everywhere last night. Defending Martial was nice to see (should have been more of our players doing it).

Great performance.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
One of the first names on the teamsheet. Just need some goals in the back of the net to cement his status. Brilliant performance yet again last night.

Ace of Spades

Great performance again in a big game. Has been one of the most consistent players on the pitch, and despite playing so many games with barely any rest, his workrate never goes down. Happy to see him turn his career here around.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It just shows the press have no idea what they're talking about - no respect has been given to him at all. They labelled him a flop and now thats it.

JoaquinJoaquin

As I have said a few times now, the ultimate big game player. Fantastic yet again. Really enjoy watching this guy in the team.

The Purley King

Outstanding again last night, clear MoTM for me.
His touch seems to have improved a bit over the last few months which has helped his ball retention massively.
Just keep him off free kicks :)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fred, Fernandes and McTomminay is looking like a very solid midfield. Could be one of the best outside the top 2/3, and that is something I never thought I'd say...
As much as the cafe loves him, we could still do an upgrade on McT.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Pundits seem pretty reluctant to praise him. He's been fabulous for some time now.
They'll have no choice if he keeps this level of performance up. You just hope that it doesn't start because he gets injured or something - 'They're really missing Fred now' and all that.

can't wait for the Fred vs. Kante thread
It's coming, you know it. I've already seen a few 'he's our Kante's' floating around ... he is though isn't he? :nervous:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yeah I agree with this, singing Bruno (so far after 2 games) and Fred's emergence this season are really helping us. With Mctominay in there could dominate a lot of midfields.

Big question marks for us to becoming a top team though for me is who we sign for RW, and both the full backs. Both full backs are good but neither really provide attacking support the way TAA and Robertson do. Top attacking full backs are crucial to modern teams. For RW, I'm a big fan of Sancho and have been since he first played for Dortmund, but I think signing a left footed player for the RW would help us more as forwards cut in mostly nowadays. Sancho being nimble footed can make up for that, but I feel long term it'd be a bit like playing Neymar on the RW.

I agree with this & personally I think Sancho will struggle in the PL if he plays solely on the RW with the pressures of the price tag and the environment & the change in style of defensive play.

Do you have a left footed RW in mind instead? And also if we do get Sancho how would you think about fitting him in?

marktan

I agree with this & personally I think Sancho will struggle in the PL if he plays solely on the RW with the pressures of the price tag and the environment & the change in style of defensive play.

Do you have a left footed RW in mind instead? And also if we do get Sancho how would you think about fitting him in?
I don't unfortunately, I think there's a big dearth of left footed fowards currently. A season or two ago there were a lot of options, I wanted Mahrez but for some baffling reason we weren't even interested. Then there were a couple of promising left footers like Thomas Lemar, Ismaili Sarr and a couple of others that I can't remember I thought looked good, but obviously those have moved on to bigger clubs now and have largely not been amazing.

A proper scouting team would be looking at those kind of players to try and identify the next Salah. Because really there's very few Salah type players around, even at the biggest teams, so you really need to be looking at the promising players that could make the step up. Most teams other than with Messi at Barca usually play right footers on the RW simply because of a lack of top left footers. I've watched a decent amount of Seria A this season (mainly Inter matches), a couple of bundesliga matches and quite a lot of PL highlights, and the only wide player that really stood out to me as being able to make the step up in the future is Allan St-Maxim at Newcastle. But again he's a right footed player and plays LW.

Sancho for us would have to play RW as we have Rashford / Martial who both prefer coming in from the left. I have actually watched him play there quite a lot now to think of it, especially the big games against like Bayern where he was excellent. But one thing that strikes me about Bundesliga is that there's usually a lot of time and space, which he won't get at United. Likewise in their game against Spurs in the CL last season Dortmund and Sancho struggled badly. But I think Sancho's skills, namely his killer eye for a pass and even his finishing from the right, would translate well wherever. The only aspect of his play that could struggle I think is his dribbling, which is exceptional, but sometimes he's reluctant to use and in a more tight and physical league could be less useful. But then Nani was an excellent dribbler in the PL, though slightly more athletic than Sancho, but I think he'd still do well. Long-term though ideally you'd want to play him as a LW as cutting in will give him more options than having to go wide all the time.

Devil may care

He's become a very good hustler in midfield, still a bit erratic on the ball but overall he's improved a lot this season and been one of our better players.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Just seen a tweet with multiple replies saying he’s world class. At least let him finish the season - he started off very poorly.
Definitely has what it takes though. All up in the air at the moment for me.

kidbob

Has quickly become my favourite player for attitude alone. It's a breath of fresh air seeing a player with the right attitude. On his abilities: he's good at most things (except shooting) and, for me, he's proven himself enough to think that what we need beside him is a 'Carrick' style who can sit deep, control the game and find the consistent pass into the forwards.

He was written off at the start if the season and I'm choosing to believe that with the right partner he may even surprise us even more and have another side of his game to unlock. I think if he doesn't have to cover both attack and defense so much that he may become a very good attacking outlet. Basically find a younger Matic who can cover that role alone and we find a different dimension still.

I don't see him ever being a 'controller' and him and Pogba won't work as Pogba isn't that either. Sell Pogba and use some of the money to find that partner for Fred and with Bruno as a 10 we are in good nick (especially with McTominay there as an option too).

Brugge 1:1 Man Utd

Brightonian

Bruno obviously sparkled in his cameo today but I thought Fred also looked strides ahead of everyone else when he came on. Those two were like first-teamers dropping into an U21 game.

Very excited to get McT back and see them as a midfield three. Obviously in big games you might want a proper DM in there, and that should be a priority in the summer, but actually given the defensive chops and work-rate Fred and McT bring to the table I don't see that as a horribly unbalanced midfield, particularly if we stick to this three man back line. Something like this:

DDG
Lindelof Maguire Shaw
AWB McT Fred Williams
Bruno
Ighalo Martial​

Nick.

McFrediNandes could be a good midfield, they're all hard workers.

Bruno obviously sparkled in his cameo today but I thought Fred also looked strides ahead of everyone else when he came on. Those two were like first-teamers dropping into an U21 game.

Very excited to get McT back and see them as a midfield three. Obviously in big games you might want a proper DM in there, and that should be a priority in the summer, but actually given the defensive chops and work-rate Fred and McT bring to the table I don't see that as a horribly unbalanced midfield, particularly if we stick to this three man back line. Something like this:

DDG
Lindelof Maguire Shaw
AWB McT Fred Williams
Bruno
Ighalo Martial​
Exactly. I don't think we should have risked either of them though.

Maguire, Martial and to an extent Matic looked a level above everyone else. Then Fred and Bruno were another level still.

Now he's settled and confident you can see how good he is receiving the ball and on the turn. He almost always moves the right way.

Adamsk7

Fred, McT and Fernandes should be decent. Certainly the most dynamic midfield we’ve had in yonks!

get Pogba back and play them all with Martial and Ighalo. We’re at the business end of things now, let’s not feck around with the likes of Lingard, Pereira, James etc.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We need someone like Partey to play with him. Matic is incredibly slow. If we buy a DM, then Fred, Bruno, New DM and Scott are good options for 2 positions in midfield if we can keep hold of Pogba. If Pogba is going then an creative midfilder alongwith right winger and we would have a decent team to build on.

pratyush_utd

Fred, McT and Fernandes should be decent. Certainly the most dynamic midfield we’ve had in yonks!

get Pogba back and play them all with Martial and Ighalo. We’re at the business end of things now, let’s not feck around with the likes of Lingard, Pereira, James etc.
We can play Pogba with Martial at the top, with Bruno,Scott and Fred in the midfield positions with 5 at the back. Should have decent attacking strength and we can outplay most teams in midfield. Andreas and Lingard should not even make the bench.

Adamsk7

We can play Pogba with Martial at the top, with Bruno,Scott and Fred in the midfield positions with 5 at the back. Should have decent attacking strength and we can outplay most teams in midfield. Andreas and Lingard should not even make the bench.
Yeah that could work. Im enjoying Shaw in a three at the back. Think that’d work best with Maguire and Bailly.
personally though I’d rather ya play a more attacking formation and I’d play Pogba on the left (he likes it there), Martial in the middle and Greenwood on the right. Man we miss a right sided player so much!!

pratyush_utd

Yeah that could work. Im enjoying Shaw in a three at the back. Think that’d work best with Maguire and Bailly.
personally though I’d rather ya play a more attacking formation and I’d play Pogba on the left (he likes it there), Martial in the middle and Greenwood on the right. Man we miss a right sided player so much!!
What is a right sided player my friend? I dont think i remember seeing one.

Hopefully Pogba comes back and is up for it. We need to finish strong and he could be an asset if he fancy it.

Raven

Wasn't very good today, first time in a while. Still had some very important involvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.