6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiristao

Lost the ball way too many times trying to carry it through the midfield. Has to sometimes make a quicker pass forward rather than try to carry it himself.

Toni Roncoroni

Just not good enough to be a regular starter. So many silly mistakes. His decision making was so frustrating. Hope we will buy quality players who will be playing before him.

championo

Top Stalker
Back to last years Fred. Absolute shit .
The bar used in judging him is so low that when he is able to string two passes together, he gets praised. He is not the type of quality we need for first team football. he can be a good sub and situational player, but to have him, McTominay and Lindelof panicking and just spraying the ball around like Halloween candy to just about anyone will not do it at the level we need. Ole needs to be ruthless this offseason.

The bar used in judging him is so low that when he is able to string two passes together, he gets praised. He is not the type of quality we need for first team football. he can be a good sub and situational player, but to have him, McTominay and Lindelof panicking and just spraying the ball around like Halloween candy to just about anyone will not do it at the level we need. Ole needs to be ruthless this offseason.
This is just not true and a huge overreaction but carry on. He's one of the only players in our side that can press well and actually win 50/50s. He's literally been our best player this season until Bruno came in and it has nothing to do with standards. He had a poor game, and suddenly he's Lindelof level

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Tbh, I don't think that way. Still think he would be a very good player. It's just that today was quite bad for him

championo

Top Stalker
This is just not true and a huge overreaction but carry on. He's one of the only players in our side that can press well and actually win 50/50s. He's literally been our best player this season until Bruno came in and it has nothing to do with standards. He had a poor game, and suddenly he's Lindelof level
It seems my comments are a reaction to the game, but his passing are just passes for passing sake, they don't usually amount to any progress, side and backwards passes. These are the type of passes Roy Keane will have ripped his head off if he was playing with him. But I guess the stat sheets will say he has a high percentage of pass completion?

simplyared

He was caught out today for the simple reason he was given a role further up the field. Which is the position he should occupy. We can't pay 50 mill for a player to just transport the ball from a to b. We must demand more of him. Playing a more attacking role will give him an opportunity to put his authority on the game, contribute more, and play with purpose and intent. If he's up to it that's another matter.

kundalini

Fred's 2nd half was shocking. Unfortunate to get booked after the ridiculous hand-ball call against him when it hit his thigh.

The United

He was caught out today for the simple reason he was given a role further up the field. Which is the position he should occupy. We can't pay 50 mill for a player to just transport the ball from a to b. We must demand more of him. Playing a more attacking role will give him an opportunity to put his authority on the game, contribute more, and play with purpose and intent. If he's up to it that's another matter.
His position is fine. But, his ball control under pressure needs to be better. He would even be more useless further up with it.

izec

Headless chicken in the second half. Seems he forgot he was in the PL and not in Ukraine. You dont have time forever to dwell on the ball mate

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
This is hilarious. All of you were sucking him off before the second half and now you're saying he isnt good enough for first team football.

Devil may care

Booked for nothing, lots of energy and fire as usual, bit rushed on the ball today though I felt.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Decent 1st half, very poor in the 2nd. Looked knackered by the hour mark. Hopefully we have enough bodies fit to rest him midweek.

Still having a very solid season, today doesn't negate that.

Litch

Couple of things for me. He was generally poor but first, he needs a rest and secondly he was lost to that formation which was an absolute joke. He wasn't the only one who suffered from it too.....

LJJT

Worst display in some time from him. Suspect it was the new system and tiredness. I know he fancies his self as a creative attacking midfielder but he’s much better defensively I think

Master Yoda

It does worry me since we just came back from a break so fitness shouldnt be a problem like others have suggested, him dwelling on the ball without any awareness is whats costing him, not stamina.

Andersons Dietician

It seems my comments are a reaction to the game, but his passing are just passes for passing sake, they don't usually amount to any progress, side and backwards passes. These are the type of passes Roy Keane will have ripped his head off if he was playing with him. But I guess the stat sheets will say he has a high percentage of pass completion?
What games have you been watching recently. He is one of the ones driving us forward and pinging passes forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don’t think the formation helped. It seemed they were all on top of each other and it made it easy for Everton to get on top of us in the end.

1st half it worked as were fresh and they didn’t adjust until half time.

ManchesterYoda

I judge players based on how they perform over the course of a season, not how they perform in one game.

I don't think Fred played well against Everton.
I think Fred has played well this season.

I'm a proper fecking weirdo me.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The disjointed setup we played ended up bringing out the worst in all of our players. No player shone in that match. Hard to criticise Fred or any of the team considering that.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was good until we started getting kicked off the pitch and the tempo was ruined, and he really needs McTominay next to him. None of our midfielders are good enough to play alone next to Matic.
This is exactly it. Matic is too slow to get around the pitch in such a disjointed game. We needed someone to dominate their area centrally but both Matic and Lindelof kept leaving huge gaps, when Fred tried to break he was too alone. Hard to blame him for not trying to play the ball, but the way the ref was he really should have been throwing himself to the floor the moment Everton players went near him on the break. It's really the refs fault as the game shouldn't be that dirty, but it would have been the right thing to do to win back more time on the ball.

L1nk

The disjointed setup we played ended up bringing out the worst in all of our players. No player shone in that match. Hard to criticise Fred or any of the team considering that.
Pretty much, think he played well in the first half as did a lot of the team, then when they countered what we were doing he and the rest suffered from our lack of adjustment and he just got nullified. Still been one of our better players recently so shouldn't be a cause for concern in terms of personal performance, they all did badly in the second half tbh.

ash_86

Last couple of games has not been his best. Ball seems to get away from him and touch not perfect. Hopefully it's just that he's tired.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought he started the game well. Nice run and pass for Matic's effort which hit the bar and a superb cross for the Greenwood header. But as the game wore on, his level dropped and in the second half he was very poor. I think he needs to work on ball carrying abilities. He's good in a 2-3 second spell where has to make a slight movement or run and pass the ball to someone else. But any longer and he seems to be too easy to knock off the ball /balance. If he'd add the ability to be more successful at driving at teams he'd go up another level.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Pretty much, think he played well in the first half as did a lot of the team, then when they countered what we were doing he and the rest suffered from our lack of adjustment and he just got nullified. Still been one of our better players recently so shouldn't be a cause for concern in terms of personal performance, they all did badly in the second half tbh.
Yeah I felt he really set the tone of that 1st half along with Bruno, he was pressing absurdly high up the pitch to start with. The Everton midfield couldn't cope with them. The run & cross for Greenwood deserved better.

Then as you say, they countered us in the 2nd half, we had no response & it all fell apart. By the end, him & Matic were playing in a deep pivot whilst Everton were bypassing them playing it long instead. Maybe a bit of tiredness crept in, his energy level did seem to drop in the 2nd half. Maybe he's now approaching his limit & is in need of a rest?

The last few games have shown Fred & Matic make a promising partnership. McTominay will be fitter too, so it's looking good for the future in there.

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

In the 2nd half, he tried too hard to play through the middle and carry the ball taking one extra touch but I don't blame him entirely for that because no one else was doing it. You can't rely on the movement of Martial, Greenwood and Fernandes alone.

Can't fault the effort or quality of his game. Formation and player selection was a good job by OGS I felt but hindered by a lack of coached familarity/patterns and of course DDG's blunder.

Litch

They really are....

Some players get away with being bad for seasons upon seasons but Fred has a bad game after multiple good games and they are out for him.
Agree....because they never really went away. Like said, I think the system especially second half hurt him and others and left the midfield far to open as McT a times was playing on the right. The midfield was unbalanced and I'm not sure by the second half people knew where they should be.

Shark

@NotShark
Last couple of games has not been his best. Ball seems to get away from him and touch not perfect. Hopefully it's just that he's tired.
Maybe our opposition have figured out that if you gang up on him, he's going to fall to pieces. Hopefully it's just that he's tired but the last few games I notice our opponents to be putting a lot of pressure on him and he's not handling it well at all.

ash_86

Maybe our opposition have figured out that if you gang up on him, he's going to fall to pieces. Hopefully it's just that he's tired but the last few games I notice our opponents to be putting a lot of pressure on him and he's not handling it well at all.
Could be. More important we add quality to midfield so that we give opposition more than one thing to worry about.

Untd55

Even though he didn't have his best game, he was still one of our most dangerous players.

He put a great cross into Greenwood, who completely messed it up.

He put in a good pass to Matic for his shot in the first half.

He also passed the ball to Greenwood, which was the one Fernandes dummied. Greenwood messed up again.

Even for a poorer game, he could have ended with 2 assists and a key pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.