Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He stopped the blunders deep in his half. he made numerous ones last season and was rightfully criticized. But I knew he could play a bit but needed time.

Hawks2008

He has become so important to how we play as a team, absolute machine with quality to match his work ethic.

Hopefully our priority is to sign a guy who complements him and Bruno, and within half a year midfield will have gone to our weakest point to our strongest.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We talk about how two footed Greenwood is but Fred is very impressive too.

Also I love how his touch and dribbling style is always either under or over done. He always opens his body no matter what the situation to try and play the ball into space or out of trouble. In a congested midfield and in the positions he plays, that's absolutely vital to opening the pitch up. It's high risk but with his natural Brazillian skill/flair and gangly legs, we play better for it.
Yeah, he showed how good he is at using his weaker foot last season too, played passes with his right so easily. Gives good advantage to the players, they can switch when the passing lanes are blocked.

el3mel

These 50m finally look totally worth it. He's now our best CM by a long margin.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Has to win POTY

I'm fed up of commentators only ever giving him credit for the last x number of weeks, he's been brilliant ever since he got a place in the XI

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Has to win POTY

I'm fed up of commentators only ever giving him credit for the last x number of weeks, he's been brilliant ever since he got a place in the XI
I never expected to be saying this last August but, yes, absolutely. Fred has come on leaps and bounds. I love how wrong he's proving me.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We now know the true reason he was AWOL at the start of the season. He was busy climbing Korin's tower.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Good to see him getting assists.

Fred is more proof though that it’s not just about work rate or certain stats. Both are required to consistently elevate the team.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Finally delivering going forward too. Looking a fairly complete midfielder. Very happy.

Norris

Absolute class of a pass. My favourite United player at the moment. Easily deserves the POTY.

Web of Bissaka

Superb run of superb form. Fred the Red! :keano:

Gentle reminder: he'll make costly defensive mistakes eg. handballs, penalties, lose possessions at key areas, etc. So... don't turn on him too much... then again this is the caf haha

RedCurry

Superb run of superb form. Fred the Red! :keano:

Gentle reminder: he'll make costly defensive mistakes eg. handballs, penalties, lose possessions at key areas, etc. So... don't turn on him too much... then again this is the caf haha
Yep. Everton targeted him and were successful. I think more teams will try it in future. We need to already have a plan in place.

roonster09

Scout
His assist was brilliant and also for most of the goals he starts the attack with his crisp on the ground passes, which makes the receiver task easy. They can just turn and carry the ball forward.

He is having very good season, contender for our player of the season.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Has to win POTY

Agreed. We actually saw glimpses of what he could before that. It was always about him finding his feet. He’s found them it seems.

Bondi77

We talk about how two footed Greenwood is but Fred is very impressive too.

Also I love how his touch and dribbling style is always either under or over done. He always opens his body no matter what the situation to try and play the ball into space or out of trouble. In a congested midfield and in the positions he plays, that's absolutely vital to opening the pitch up. It's high risk but with his natural Brazillian skill/flair and gangly legs, we play better for it.
I really think there is no way we can call Fred two footed.
From what I have seen he is lucky to hit the target and I mean the target is the goal one in five times and that is with his favoured left foot. The guy has a really good engine and he always makes himself available for a pass and those are his strengths and he has now fully up to speed with the English game

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
From what I have seen he is lucky to hit the target and I mean the target is the goal one in five times and that is with his favoured left foot. The guy has a really good engine and he always makes himself available for a pass and those are his strengths and he has now fully up to speed with the English game
Being two footed, isn't just about being able to hit the target, its also about choice of passes, resistance to pressure amongst other things. Carrick wasn't always the best at shooting but one of his greatest strengths was being able to pop the ball around on either foot. Now I'm not sure if Fred is at that level, but he's certainly very capable of passing well with his right as well as his left. Now what I do agree with is the final step in his development is to work on his shooting because if he gets that he's the perfect all rounder.

criticalanalysis

Being two footed, isn't just about being able to hit the target, its also about choice of passes, resistance to pressure amongst other things. Carrick wasn't always the best at shooting but one of his greatest strengths was being able to pop the ball around on either foot. Now I'm not sure if Fred is at that level, but he's certainly very capable of passing well with his right as well as his left. Now what I do agree with is the final step in his development is to work on his shooting because if he gets that he's the perfect all rounder.
Pretty much this, although I wouldn't say Carrick's greatest strength was his comfortability on using his left foot.

Anyways, look at both compilation videos posted in the last page.

Fred uses boot feet at a very high frequency for first touches, passing, dribbles and tackling. It's quite impressive. His technique isn't the cleanest but it's effectve.

There's being comfortable with using your weaker foot and then there's using it at the rate Fred does depending on the situation. Like I said, it's his natural flair, ungainly style, tenacity and confidence that makes it work.

Last edited:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He’s such an underrated dribbler, he’s very good at getting out of tight spots and opening up space in the midfield.
Tenacity, dribling, relentless running/pressing, passes. His combination of speed and tenacity is incredible and similar to Kante, however this guy has a shit ton more offensive fibers in his body. His turnaround has made me think Mourinho is a complete douchebag and it shows how big of a role a positive manager and motivator can have on certain players.

His passes is sharper, more accurate, harder. He is a lot more aware of what is going on around him, both in terms of his team mates but also in terms of reading how quick opposition players move towards him. He is so relaxed and his pure ability and work-rate is outstanding.

He might become the best Brazilian central midfielder in the PL history. I feel like I'm forgetting someone but the competition for it isn't that hard is it? I can only seem to remember Anderson, Lucas Leiva, Fabinho, Fernandinho, Sandro, Ramires, Paulinho. If Fred keeps going like this he'll be better than Fernandinho.

Foxbatt

Of course Jose is a douche bag. His man management is non existent. Can you imagine if Jose had SAF's man management?

He is also a leader on the pitch. You can see him always instructing his teammates and actually physically leading everything. When any of our players are fouled or injured, Fred is the first one on the scene. He is also the only one who is ready for a fight with the opposition too.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Of course Jose is a douche bag. His man management is non existent. Can you imagine if Jose had SAF's man management?
Wouldn't have mattered, what Jose needs is more than just man management. He also need pair of balls to play attacking football.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He’s such an underrated dribbler, he’s very good at getting out of tight spots and opening up space in the midfield.
He's pretty much underrated when on the ball even some United fans still don't rate him on the ball quality. Dare to say our best CM/DM performance post Michael Carrick. If he can keeps this up for the next 4-5 seasons at least, he might be considered to be legend. Hopefully he can keep the performance or even getting better.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

He is also a leader on the pitch. You can see him always instructing his teammates and actually physically leading everything. When any of our players are fouled or injured, Fred is the first one on the scene. He is also the only one who is ready for a fight with the opposition too.
The thing that annoyed me was the Wolves game where Jose dropped him wasn't even that bad. He actually scored in that match and then suddenly we didn't see him again for weeks/months. It was that sort of thing that killed players confidence.

Foxbatt

The thing that annoyed me was the Wolves game where Jose dropped him wasn't even that bad. He actually scored in that match and then suddenly we didn't see him again for weeks/months. It was that sort of thing that killed players confidence.
From his antics at Spurs now I cannot even believe that he was the manager at United and he even won trophies here. Yes as for Fred his confidence is back and he is not rushing as much as he used to do so that is why he is not making as many mistakes he used to make earlier. I was one of them who thought he is finished at United but I was wrong. I love the bloke even when he was playing horribly because he never gives up even then and now we see a good footballer in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.