6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyared

Wow that's harsh. Where were you in January-March?

On the other hand, there are people here who are saying he's better than Kante and there are people who agree with those people. He's somewhere in the middle of that and what you claim.

Probably our new left back for the rest of the league season.
Never seen a player in him from day one. What is he good at??

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Never seen a player in him from day one. What is he good at??
Did you watch our game against City in March. He was head and shoulders above every player on the pitch, harassing players and setting up counters with quick accurate releases.

I did think he was the biggest charlatan footballer prior to his redemption though, so I do remember watching him when he offered nothing. That's changed. He's got a great engine, and he started to take responsibility when half the team was injured.

Never has and never will look good next a player like Matic who likes to hold the ball and sit deep.

simplyared

@Bastian: Sounds like the bar's low if you believe he offers enough to hold that position at Manchester United. He can't go past anybody; he's clueless in the final third; there isn't a goal in him; he's easlly knocked off the ball; rarely plays a forward pass etc etc

Master Yoda

Our squad players are just horrendous, 6 games now they came on and did F* all. Our midfield is key and if you take Pogba, Bruno or Matic out, the game falls apart. We cant seem to rest our players. Fred, McSauce, Pereira and James aint good enough, almost forgot about Mata. We need another CB as well, like does Maguire ever gets rested?

Nori-

Whenever he's on the pitch I always feel uneasy and get flash backs of Mourinho football.

He's a ok player, but that's it he's just "ok". He won't get you a goal or assist, he won't try something special to open a defence, he doesn't have that killer through ball. He's like a little Jack Russell at opposition players when he's trying to get the ball back but half the time they just shrug him off.

It just endless build up passes form him. When he came on the other night vs Southampton, you just knew we would go flat. That isn't the option you want from the bench.

This might be a little harsh but if we can get close to what we paid for him, please please sell.

Name Changed

weso26
The difference between a shit Pogba and Fred when he came on was huge. Pogba should still be in in front of him no matter how poorly he's playing.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Would have liked to see him get a proper run with Bruno and Pogba in midfield but that's unlikely now. He will probably be paired with Mctominay against Chelsea and Matic will play instead in the remaining two league games

criticalanalysis

The lack of Fred minutes astounds me tbh.

He sort of reminds of Herrera where he was dropped and ignored, only to prove again that he can do a very good job.

Man Utd 1:3 Chelsea

Based Adnan

He started off his career here like a pub player so any time he put together a half decent performance it got hyped to the high heavens and back. He's not very good.

RedIan

Personally if we can recoup 35mil I’d take it and buy A better quality player ive never really liked him and why we paid so much is a mystery.

Bwuk

Wouldn’t be sad to see him moved on if we got another midfielder.

Can’t play as a #6, hes too risky deep as he’s sloppy, and isn’t exactly creative. He’s got a great engine on him but that’s it. Herrera was far better for us.

el3mel

He certainly isn't helping himself much to be picked as a main player. A squad option that's it then. A 50m squad option though.

Devil may care

Looked pissed when he came off and i don't blame him as Matic was worse, it feels like Fred is very much down the pecking order in how Ole and the coaches view our midfield options.

izec

He is not playing when everyone is fit. But he needs to play to be good. Fred as a squad player is just garbage and inconsistent. You can't put him in and he will perform.

I think it is a bit pointless for him currently.

Woodenlung

Been mismanaged by Solksjaer post-lockdown. We've seen before our very eyes that Fred gets better the more he plays. He was our best player to to March. But this is just his second start since the return of club football and it shows. He has no rhythm in the way he plays.

Red00012

People on here drooling over him not so long ago , I’ve never actually seen anything in him and don’t think I will .
If a decent fee came in I’d be moving him on

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That was like one of his early performances. You could pinpoint the exact moment every last bit of confidence drained away. Hoofed a pass straight into touch, apologised profusely, then retreated into his shell for the rest of the game.

It’s a real shame. He was genuinely great for most of this season. And today was opposition he’s previously been excellent against. No doubt some will blame the manager for not giving him more games since the restart but the Pogba/Matic/Bruno combo won us a bunch of games (by 3 goal margins) on the trot. So he was obviously going to be reluctant to change if. It’s up to the player himself to make the most of limited chances at a club like United. Such a pity he failed today’s test.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
All of us have tried to see it with Fred. However, even when he was doing decently in a struggling team during the winter, he has not shown one thing that we could not have gotten from Ander Herrera.

Fred is one of the most expensive signings in our history. He cost us more up front than Fernandes. For £50m he should have been as much an upgrade on Ander as Bruno had been on Lingard. Just another example of us bombing out a player and then paying double for the same standard or less.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People on here drooling over him not so long ago , I’ve never actually seen anything in him and don’t think I will .
If a decent fee came in I’d be moving him on
I think we'd sort of convinced ourselves he was a good player, but with the signing of Bruno, the re-emergence of Matic, and Pogba on non sloppy form, he doesn't come close to any of them.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
People just don't seem to watch the matches, just pick up on the missed tackle, poor pass, or something similar, everything they do right is missed, or forgotten about. It's not just Fred, it's every player. Posters have their favourite players, and can always find an excuse for them if they play poorly, but the player they dislike is always poor according to them, and they feel vindicated when they do make mistakes. I thought Fred was appalling, until he got a run in the team, then he started to put together some good performances, also McTominay, and Matic was awful last year, I was one who thought he should be sold in the window, but he's certainly put in some terrific performances since he's got back in the team. Fred was ok today, but Pogba didn't really do anything when he came on, although he is a much superior player.

acnumber9

Fecking madness the way some people in this thread are trying to rewrite history so they can pretend they were right all along about him, after he shoved their past criticism right up their arses in a season where he’s been one of our best players. Weirdos.
He was one of our best players at a time when we weren’t really good enough. We surrender possession against any side of middling quality when he is playing central midfield. Running around a lot putting in piss weak tackles isn’t really a great skill for a midfielder.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He was one of our best players at a time when we weren’t really good enough. We surrender possession against any side of middling quality when he is playing central midfield. Running around a lot putting in piss weak tackles isn’t really a great skill for a midfielder.
That’s a really stupid way to describe his contributions from earlier this season.

As for being our best player when we weren’t good enough, our record against the best teams this season is good. Thanks in no small part to excellent performances from Fred. It’s the weaker teams we’ve struggled against. Which reflects a lack of creativity that he wasn’t signed to provide.

Strats

He was player of the year for me before the restart. You guys are so shortsighted it scares me

Suedesi

He was one of our best performers this year pre-Covid, but hasn't been at the races since the restart. Lack of consistency is worrying.

acnumber9

That’s a really stupid way to describe his contributions from earlier this season.

As for not being good enough. Our record against the best teams this season is good. Thanks in no small part to excellent performances from Fred. It’s the weaker teams we’ve struggled against. Which reflects a lack of creativity that he wasn’t signed to provide.
It’s not, because the majority of games we play are games where we should be on the front foot, dominating possession and he just isn’t good enough at it. Being one of the best players in a team not playing well enough doesn’t make you a good player. I knew as soon as I saw the team today that we wouldn’t have a prayer of keeping possession for any more than about 30 seconds because he’s like a lost dog in midfield.

-Supreme-

So Fred started 3 games since the restart where he played against Norwich, Spurs & Chelsea, the latter are two of the toughest oppositions we faced and he's also been involved in a team where we made several changes - it's not been easy to adapt understandably given his lack of match fitness has to be taken into account as well.

Josh 76

Never rated him.
Even when he was playing "well".
He's a player who looks good when he runs around and makes a nuisance of himself.
He can't shoot. He can't pass. Just doesn't give enough as a player Utd need. Squad player at best.

Red00012

Been mismanaged by Solksjaer post-lockdown. We've seen before our very eyes that Fred gets better the more he plays. He was our best player to to March. But this is just his second start since the return of club football and it shows. He has no rhythm in the way he plays.
No he hasn’t . They are better players ahead of him.
So are we just supposed to play in week in week out because he only plays well when he’s given a consistent run. Football doesn’t work like that unfortunately. It probably tells us a lot about Fred that he just isn’t a good footballer .

Red00012

Never rated him.
Even when he was playing "well".
He's a player who looks good when he runs around and makes a nuisance of himself.
He can't shoot. He can't pass. Just doesn't give enough as a player Utd need. Squad player at best.
Nail on head .

MadMike

He hasn't been good since the restart but he hasn't played much either. He seems like a player that needs games to get into the swing of match day tempo. Perseverance with him paid dividends at the first half of the season.

Anyhow, today Chelsea pressed really well and our midfield didn't cope. That's partly on him and partly on matic, they were getting caught quite often.

Tiber

I know he had a good run a while ago, but I just don't think he is a top class player

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It’s not, because the majority of games we play are games where we should be on the front foot, dominating possession and he just isn’t good enough at it. Being one of the best players in a team not playing well enough doesn’t make you a good player. I knew as soon as I saw the team today that we wouldn’t have a prayer of keeping possession for any more than about 30 seconds because he’s like a lost dog in midfield.
We’re a million miles away from dominating possession against the best teams in the league. We don’t even try. We haven’t tried to do that since Ole became manager. Since when did that become something we’ve been trying - and failing - to do?! We’ve generally been good at getting results against these teams by playing on the counter-attack. And Fred’s suited that approach perfectly.

He runs all day, presses and tackles well and his passing has been a key element in our rapid transitions from defence to attack. He’s been objectively very good for most of this season. Where Fred (and the rest of the team, pre-covid) struggled was when we did have loads of the ball and needed to break down a deep defence. Like I said, though, that’s not really his job.

Fecking madness the way nay-sayers are trying to pretend none of that happened.

acnumber9

We’re a million miles away from dominating possession against the best teams in the league. We don’t even try. We haven’t tried to do that since Ole became manager. Since when did that become something we’ve been trying - and failing - to do?! We’ve generally been good at getting results against these teams by playing on the counter-attack. And Fred’s suited that approach perfectly.

He runs all day, presses and tackles well and his passing has been a key element in our rapid transitions from defence to attack. He’s been objectively very good for most of this season. Where Fred (and the rest of the team, pre-covid) struggled was when we did have loads of the ball and needed to break down a deep defence. Like I said, though, that’s not really his job.

Fecking madness the way nay-sayers are trying to pretend none of that happened.
But that’s part of our problem isn’t it? We couldn’t even dominate possession against Southampton with Fred replacing Pogba. And given we play against teams like Southampton more than we play against teams like City it’s a pretty big problem to have a midfielder who is not good in possession. He’ll do an alright job as a third body hounding teams when we’re looking to play on the counter. In a midfield two when we need to keep the ball? Forget about it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still like him. Think he’s just having a bad spell

Status
Not open for further replies.