Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drainy

when are people going to realise that energy isn't enough.

The midfield is meant to offer stability for a club like United and Fred is erratic. Hard work should be a minimum expectation not a reason for everyone to dick ride you every time you miraculously don't manage to feck it up with loose touches and looser passing.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Brainless. If you're on a yellow don't go to ground. You're giving the ref a decision to make. After escaping a red card in the first half he should have had the sense not to get himself sent off. :rolleyes:

simplyared

Held my hands up after the Southampton game and gave him credit for his performance. Before that I've not been a fan. Never understood the praise he gets on here. Tonights performance was a nightmare. Doesn't matter whatever he does after this. He's not good enough to play for Man Utd. Said it before and I'm saying it again.

He wasn't actually that bad today, in the first half he was the only one doing anything and getting increasingly frustrated at the game. The headbutt was stupid and lucky, the second yellow was on the manager.

Ace

Good athlete but horrible footballer. Offers very little outside his energy, which was misplaced today. One of the worst performances from a United midfielder today, and that’s saying something given what we’ve endured from that position.

Can’t get my head around how highly some people rate this guy. I was shocked to see him trot out after half time, everyone knew he was going to get sent off... what does he offer the team that our options on the bench today don’t?

cyberman

He was dominating the midfield until the red card if we are being honest

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
This was on the ref. It was not a yellow, I would argue it wasn't even a foul.

Sylar

Can't believe he got booked for the one good tackle he made
He should have got a red, he didn't

Since he wasn't subbed at half time, he should have been subbed as soon as it went 2-1
You know we need a goal and play will be stretched
Even if he didn't get a yellow when he did the likelihood is he gets one when we're pushing for that equaliser

Litch

Spot on. Highest pass percentage than anyone on our team today. The sending off wasn't a reflection on his game but I'm sure the vultures will come out circling again, despite the fact. Fred will always have his haters irrespective of whether he plays well or not....

Remember the geese

I think people are being a bit harsh. First of all, yeah, the headbutt was an act of stupidity. However, his second yellow card was an error of judgement by the referee. You could say that it was a needless challenge by Fred due to his heavy touch, but he won the ball and was unfairly dismissed. Aside from his two bookings, I felt he played well.

cyberman

even if that were true, it is neglecting the psychology of refereeing and human nature following a clear red card not given and how stupid it is to go flying into challenges on a yellow.
But the ref didnt think it was a red after seeing it again and the only other iffy tackle was when the ref thought Fred was fouled. It was his first foul in the half!

Ekeke

wat

This was how things looked right before he was sent off

PSG had the ball with McTominay doing most of the ball winning (ending with McTominay 7 tackles, 1 interception and 2 clearances to Fred's 2 tackles, 0 interceptions and 0 clearances).

Obviously Fred pressed more and was better on the ball but it was an area that PSG had control. Their only issue was getting past the defence and keeper with a good finish.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Way too instinctual and wild in his play. From his control to passes. Very little poise to his game.

He has the industry and interception rate absolutely nobody else in our team can match, but there’s too many glaring issues with him too. Story of our life with many players in our side.

cyberman

wat

PSG had the ball with McTominay doing most of the ball winning (ending with McTominay 7 tackles, 1 interception and 2 clearances to Fred's 2 tackles, 0 interceptions and 0 clearances).

Obviously Fred pressed more and was better on the ball but it was an area that PSG had control. Their only issue was getting past the defence and keeper with a good finish.
Fred was setting the tempo in midfield. I dont need a graph to remember what I saw 30 minutes ago. Scott shadowed Neymar around the pitch and it was Fred linking defence and attack

Litch

I think people are being a bit harsh. First of all, yeah, the headbutt was an act of stupidity. However, his second yellow card was an error of judgement by the referee. You could say that it was a needless challenge by Fred due to his heavy touch, but he won the ball and was unfairly dismissed. Aside from his two bookings, I felt he played well.
Maybe if we had put our chances away, we could have subbed him. People seem to forget the goal came before the red card, not after it. Like said, head butt was stupid but when you are a combative midfielder, you walk a fine line with tackles. Fred has played some of his best games against them so wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't targeted a little too.....

Ekeke

Fred was setting the tempo in midfield. I dont need a graph to remember what I saw 30 minutes ago. Scott shadowed Neymar around the pitch and it was Fred linking defence and attack
Yes, he made some nice passes. They dominated the ball and were on top in midfield clearly

Obiorahking_

Held my hands up after the Southampton game and gave him credit for his performance. Before that I've not been a fan. Never understood the praise he gets on here. Tonights performance was a nightmare. Doesn't matter whatever he does after this. He's not good enough to play for Man Utd. Said it before and I'm saying it again.
Stupid comment and you know it. Yes his starting role is on borrowed time but he is a good player who deserves a place in this squad. He made a very stupid mistake today but can we please not jump to extremes like this?

Heinzesight

Because he was walking a tightrope, he was playing at a much lower intensity, backing off players, not getting stuck in (bar his final tackle). Even more reason to replace him for someone at least giving 100%. Dumb as feck to bring putting his head into someone too. I like him but an absolute clown doing that shit.

Litch

wat

Was clear Fred had stopped tackling and was shadowing players instead up until the sending off....

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Fred was okay and red card wasn't his fault. Not sure why people are picking on him. The moment he went, we created feck all

OleBoiii

We were already down when he got _WRONGFULLY_ sent off so I don't blame him too much. If anyone should feel ashamed today, it's our attackers.

Still: he needs to chill.

cyberman

Yes, he made some nice passes. They dominated the ball and were on top in midfield clearly
No they did not. Their possession came from Kimpembe passing to their RB all night, up to Veratti, back to their RB, back to Verrati then lose it 30 yards from our goal.
Rinse and repeat. Passers will always pad stats against ball carriers. if anything it shows they were slow and holding onto the ball for too long.

OldTrevil

He'll rightly feel hard done by, he played well and his mistake was getting unnerved ever so slightly by parades

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our players are so unbelievably naive in Europe, this is something that stretches back to Rafael and Nani in the SAF era. I know it's not something we like to condone here but crowding the referee works absolute wonders for other European teams, we should be doing it at every opportunity.

acnumber9

Fred was okay and red card wasn't his fault. Not sure why people are picking on him. The moment he went, we created feck all
Yes it was his fault. Had he not done what he did in the first half the ref can’t send him off.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Headbutts someone
Goes in late and stamps on Paredes getting nowhere near any ball
Lunges in stretching for a ball he’d just miscontrolled.

Wrongfully sent off :lol:

He should have been sent off twice before he finally did.

Jaysus his fans really are deluded.

Ekeke

No they did not. Their possession came from Kimpembe passing to their RB all night, up to Veratti, back to their RB, back to Verrati then lose it 30 yards from our goal.
Rinse and repeat. Passers will always pad stats against ball carriers. if anything it shows they were slow and holding onto the ball for too long.
Other than 2 passes Fred was doing the exact same thing and always does. Thats how DMs keep the ball

kundalini

Deserved to get sent off but not for the actual challenge that resulted in the red card. Ironic that he got a yellow card for that incident when he'd got away with several reckless challenges. Poor control got him in trouble for his 2nd yellow.

Solskjaer should have substituted him at half-time because the risk was simply too great.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Thought Fred was great. Should have thrown himself to the ground the second Paredes put his head near his face instead of doing the same back to him. I really don't want him to do that, but since everyone agrees that's a red card then why not do that all game. Walk up to players, put your face close to anyones face and wait for a reaction then play act. Surprised VAR didn't give the red card there. Even more surprised they didn't overturn Fred's red card. I don't see how ref would have given a red card if it didn't matter that Fred touched the ball. It clearly wasn't a reckless tackle, no followthrough and he was first to the ball. Makes no sense. Seems like the ref made a "fair" decision after a quite bit of pressure from the PSG camp during half time I'll bet.

Fred ran the midfield up until he was sent off.

simplyared

Stupid comment and you know it. Yes his starting role is on borrowed time but he is a good player who deserves a place in this squad. He made a very stupid mistake today but can we please not jump to extremes like this?
Not jumping to extremes. The player is not good enough to play for utd. I'm not being unfair or harsh to the player. I've watched utd since the early 60's and played football at a reasonable level to see when a player hasn't got what is required. He hasn't thats it!

cyberman

Other than 2 passes Fred was doing the exact same thing and always does. Thats how DMs keep the ball
Its really not. He was making angles for the passes out from midfield and was one of the reasons our attackers got the ball so far up the pitch in the space PSG attackers were leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.