Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

He didn't play cos he's short

Seriously, ole said we needed height which makes sense
In the end we didn't need him and it's the right decision. He will get a good weeks rest before the City game

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He didn't play cos he's short

Seriously, ole said we needed height which makes sense
In the end we didn't need him and it's the right decision. He will get a good weeks rest before the City game
Think we really will miss him against Leipzig though :(

Sylar

Think we really will miss him against Leipzig though :(
Given the way Leipzig play, I think so too
If we can get out of the first half, I reckon we can hit them with pace up front. We don't have to chase the game which could work to our favoir

I reckon we go McT / Pogba / Bruno for the game
Then City we go fred / Bruno / mct

I know it’s a huge cliche to say “we really missed Player X” every time we lose, and it’s very often not true, but on this occasion... we really did miss Fred tonight.

Bwuk

He'd of just got pressed and lost the ball.

Fred isn't the answer.

eire-red

Fred isn't the answer.
Agreed. Out of possession he would have had an impact though, but is too easily dispossessed when under pressure. Just goes to show you can't have a limited midfield against high calibre opponents in the CL.

McTominay/Fred are fine in the Prem, but we looked like a different team when Pogba was getting hold of the ball.

Ekeke

I know it’s a huge cliche to say “we really missed Player X” every time we lose, and it’s very often not true, but on this occasion... we really did miss Fred tonight.
Maybe he shouldnt have got himself sent off then. Tonight would have been another frustrating night for him, not sure he would have had the head for it

snk123

If Ole subs him off in the last game - he plays this one and we might have played a lot better.

The number of blatant decisions Ole got wrong in the last 2 CL games is just astonishing at this level of football with so many assistant coaches and all.

Renegade

Yep. The guy has been an integral part in our development over the last 12 months and although I think Ole should have taken him off at half time, the bolded part is a very good point.
Wasn’t he a forgotten man during our run to securing top 4 post covid?

Ekeke

You believe he fouled Herrera?
I believe he should have been red carded for the headbutt, like anyone rational believes. Therefore he earned his sending off. He was a bit unlucky with the Ander challenge but he was already 1+ red card. Maybe 1.25 already. So when you dive in like that you're silly. It wasnt even an important challenge to win

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Fred isn't the answer.
Whether you like it or no, hater or no the reality is that our midfield is easily dominated and can’t keep the pace up when this guy isn’t playing. He has the energy that none of our midfield has, that energy allows us to play risky because when we lose the ball, he will win it back.

zurnalist

His tenacity would be (and last time it was) perfect against RB. His absence of course is a mistake from not only him but from Ole as well. One of a hundred reasons we lost yesterday.

Augustus Gloop

Just bonkers that he wasn’t subbed, he was clearly about 75% after that knock in the 1st half. Why didn’t OGS replace him with VDB...?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Just bonkers that he wasn’t subbed, he was clearly about 75% after that knock in the 1st half. Why didn’t OGS replace him with VDB...?
If the player said he’s fine and he can continue after being asked then the manager trusts him.

Devil may care

Did well to play on as I thought maybe he'd pull a muscle before De Bruyne clashed into him. Fred did his Fredness.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Fred at 75% is better than anyone else we can put in that position.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
and that’s also why he didn’t take him off against PSG. Simply a gamble that didn’t pay off. We badly badly badly need fresh blood at Dm. It’s not Fred’s job.
PSG situation totally different. If he goes off injured we can bring a sub on.

kiristao

Was definitely not a 100% after the knock but played well in a far more conservative way. Really shows how much we depend on him in that DM role that today and against PSG we had to keep him on the pitch even when the obvious option would have been to substitute him.

drmuji

I thought he played very well. Despite the knock, he made sure he was covering all his bases and more importantly he had so many ball recoveries. Combined with that he also retained possession very well.
I like him

roseguy64

Agreed. Was calling for him to be subbed about 70 mins in. Needed Mata or VDB on as he wasn't having any real impact on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.