Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Worked his tripe off and had a good game but still so frustrating how he gives the ball away. a little more composure in his passing and he could become a very good player, im just not sure he can though
I think people look for it as his stats say different. He avg in the prem 90% passing accuracy and that's made up of not only passing sideways

The Oracle

It's a fact this season that we concede fewer goals when he is in the team.

Only gripe from today was that he should have squared it for what would have been a certain 7th goal :mad:

simplyared

I'm not going to be popular for this but I wanted him off at half time. Because of all the praise he gets on here I studied him closer today. He's too high risk for my liking. Zero composure. Too easily brushed asside or caught out of position when we come under attack. His tackling is reckless and desperate and on the whole I'm just seeing a headless chicken on the pitch tbh.

Devil may care

I love his tenacity and the way he gets out of tight spaces, but his passing is the most erratic I've seen in a CM at actop club.

Sanchez7

Excellent player. Ole knew his energy would be vital when he rested him in the last game. Can’t help but feel we would have got a result against Leipzig had he been on the pitch.

arthurka

He is the least skillful Brazilian of all times. But his engine is something else. His passing is really all over the place.

Walters_19_MuFc

When Fred and McT didn't play against Sheff, I just knew it was because Ole was resting the two for today's game and we saw why.

Fantastic pressing as usual. Made the most tackles (5) along with Wan-Bissaka and some of his first-time passes to set us away on the counter was brilliant.

Regardless of what people say, he and McT have become very important to our team.

arthurka

I don't know, you know. He can be pretty silky, at times. Likes a nutmeg and I recall him doing a nice pirouette the other day.
Yeah then all of a sudden he can't trap a ball and miss hits passes every single time. He got away with a red card v PSG because he couldn't trap the ball. He is just so erratic and lacks composure. But he is a terrier of a player, always at it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He actually is quite strong on his feet, I am surprised sometimes to see him get away with the ball while being tackled. Good boy.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah then all of a sudden he can't trap a ball and miss hits passes every single time. He got away with a red card v PSG because he couldn't trap the ball. He is just so erratic and lacks composure. But he is a terrier of a player, always at it.
I wouldn't say that's to do with a lack of skill but more so a lack of concentration at times.

adamwest

Always good for a heart in mouth moment this guy. But it's hard not to love him when he leaves everything out on the pitch like he does every game he's in. Engine

Ollie Derbyshire

Put in a great shift with some nice forward surges but like others have said his passing is so erratic, if he could sort that out he’d be a hell of a box to box player.

hubbuh

I wouldn't say that's to do with a lack of skill but more so a lack of concentration at times.
Which isn't a characteristic completely absent in Brazilian players.

Really good from Fred today. He's fantastic at cleaning up at the back and springing attacks.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is a terrible player. Cannot tackle has no first touch at all or even a second touch his passing is shocking.

Has no awareness to even know when to pass or not too.

60 million for a player who wouldn't even make it in the championship
Well the username makes sense now.

arnie_ni

He is a terrible player. Cannot tackle has no first touch at all or even a second touch his passing is shocking.

Has no awareness to even know when to pass or not too.

60 million for a player who wouldn't even make it in the championship
You posted similar in the martial thread. Who did play well for you today in a team that won 6 2?

He makes mistakes but we are a totally different team without him. Hes one of the first names on the teamsheet now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Really solid 'minimum fuss' type performance from Fred today, doing all the donkey work in midfield which allowed McTominay and Bruno to shine. Also alot of his movement and positioning was out of this world, often opening up the entire middle of the pitch for McTominay to exploit.

I'm so happy for Fred, that after such a torrid start to his Premier League career, he now knows he is invaluable to his manager and one of the first names on the team sheet. He has become really consistent in his role, and rarely lets his team mates down.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually didn't think he had his best of games today, he was still decent enough though. He pretty much always has a 7/10 performance or above and it's that sort of consistency that makes him so valuable. He and McTominay really have formed a good partnership in midfield, I know they aren't very sexy names but they do a good job and have held their own against loads of good midfields, their energy and pressing gives our team real grit. I've still not forgotten the times our midfield was bullied by players like Lee fecking Cattermole and Jonjo Shelvy, we very, very rarely lose the midfield battle anymore.

lsd

The Oracle
You posted similar in the martial thread. Who did play well for you today in a team that won 6 2?

The others. Martial played well but he is not a number nine which is my only argument with him. I would have him out wide.

Fred is not a good player people keep trying to defend him on here because he plays for the club and runs about but he is very very average at best.

He takes so long to control a ball it is shocking for a premiership player opponents know this and use time and time again.

His shooting and passing is woeful no one can argue against that and his tackling is poor as well

Leicester 2:2 Man Utd

Santos J

MOTM for me, couiple of dodgy passes aside he was brilliant. Made a lot of crucial interceptions and tackles, especially in the first half.

Idxomer

Why did he go after the ball when Shaw had his man covered?

Stupid from him.

Sanchez7

Thought he was excellent for most of the game. Lost his head for a few minutes post the second goal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why did he go after the ball when Shaw had his man covered?

Stupid from him.
He just runs non stop, unfortunately on this occasion he should have probably left it to shaw and marked the inside man.

its just 1 of those things unfortunately, 3v2 we should have handled it.

Ekeke

Poor passing. Only 76.5% pass accuracy when he mostly tried simple passes. Worked hard like normal, bypassed too easily at times but won the ball plenty

Eternitiy

He has a great mentality and energy, however, is that enough for a starting Manchester United midfielder? Tielemans of Leicester looks a far more technical and accomplished midfielder.

Bristol_Red_87

MOTM for me, couiple of dodgy passes aside he was brilliant. Made a lot of crucial interceptions and tackles, especially in the first half.
I've no idea what game I was watching but it clearly wasn't the same game as you?

He was dreadful. Simple passes missed. Poor decision making when trying to nip in and win the ball in midfield. Rash tackles where he's never winning the ball topped off with schoolboy defending between him and Shaw for the second goal.

I'll accept I sit with the glass half empty brigade but even so?!

Litch

He has a great mentality and energy, however, is that enough for a starting Manchester United midfielder? Tielemans of Leicester looks a far more technical and accomplished midfielder.
Where does that leave Scott then.....

Hammondo

I've no idea what game I was watching but it clearly wasn't the same game as you?

He was dreadful. Simple passes missed. Poor decision making when trying to nip in and win the ball in midfield. Rash tackles where he's never winning the ball topped off with schoolboy defending between him and Shaw for the second goal.

He was the main reason we didn't get smashed tbh. He broke up their play continually for 90+ minutes. Without him it would have been 1 sides for them.

Litch

Half? More like completely empty. With the utmost respect, that just reads like you have an agenda....

Status
Not open for further replies.