Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Can't believe he is 28. An absolute waste of money.

At his best he was decent. At his worst he is hilariously bad.

Man City 0:2 Man Utd

lost7

It's becoming a common complaint now but his passing (and first touch) was shocking today. Especially in the first half, we had 0 control in the game because him and McTominay were playing the "who's gonna misplace more passes" game. And he was winning it...

acnumber9

Our worst player on the day. Fairly comfortably too. Happily it didn’t cost us.

el3mel

My god his passing was atrocious. Well this was a Fred's typical performance anyway. Lots of energy and crap on the ball.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was very poor, probably worst performance on the ball by a CM this season (for us). Off the ball, he was good, as usual working hard and won the ball well but his passing and touch was so erratic. Lucky we didn't concede from one of his many mistakes.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Defensively he was absolutely colossal. I get the complaints about his touch under pressure, but we simply can't play these sort of games without his relentless pressing.

SAFMUTD

He was really poor today, he really lacks technique for being a Brazilian. Definitely need to improve on him.

Vaibhav Raj

One of half a dozen players in the team who are capable of looking very good and very shite in the same game. You don't whether to admire him for his ball winning and destructive abilities or to berate him for his reckless passing.

Sylar

He struggles to kick the ball. Either no power or falls over Getting behind a kick

criticalanalysis

He was very poor, probably worst performance on the ball by a CM this season (for us). Off the ball, he was good, as usual working hard and won the ball well but his passing and touch was so erratic. Lucky we didn't concede from one of his many mistakes.
Agree it was probably his worst game for us for this season but deffo not the worst amongst our CMs. I think that would probably go to McT, who was quite bad in the 1st half.

It was surprisingly bad by Fred today. He usually has off touches and passes when he tries to force it or when everything is going through him but there was a high number of just plain bad passes and touches.

Off the ball, still doing an effective job mind.

kiristao

Poor game. Too many times he got caught in possession but I'll forgive him as he has been one of our most consistent and dependable players this season who gives it all on the field.

laughtersassassin

I will never like Fred as a footballer. Ball retention and passing aren't in his vocabulary.

He is so much worse that the Pogba who would get slagged week in week out.

McTominay has problems with passing too but his ability to keep and drive with the ball somewhat makes up for that. Also McTominay is still improving. Fred is the same as ever.

Better in the second half than the first

Devil may care

This was the type of game where Fred could bring his full Fredness to the table, sloppy on the ball but a pitbull with a V8 engine off it and never let City's midfield settle into a rhythm.

SwedishFish

I must be in minority here but I think he had a fairly solid game, defended very well alongside McTominay, and prevented City from using the center of the pitch to cut us apart.

Yes, he's not the best creative player out there but he works well when we set up to counter.

MattofManchester

Good defensively, but where he loses the ball really catches us in all sorts of trouble. This has been prevalent throughout his time here.

Really need to improve on him.

Nick7

His lack of creativity wasn’t an issue today. It was his complete lack of control on the ball in addition to atrocious short passing.

RedIan

Fred and solid dont go together in a sentance. I thought he was really terrible in possession today.. Constantly hit crap passes and constantly got caught in possession in dangerous areas... this is a consistent weakness of Fred and its not acceptable.
Granted he works hard closing down and runs his socks off for the team doing lots of defensive covering - but at this level you have to be able to pass accurately and be stronger on the ball. our worst player today imo.

eire-red

Not buying this nonsense anymore about his defensive contributions. The best way to defend is to control the game. There's no point being defensively good if you give the ball away in terrible positions as many times as you win it back.

Need to upgrade in the summer.

Lewnited

Up and down again...

I don't hate him as a player and he does have his uses, but I also don't understand why we would keep him for any longer. Part of us aiming to run more effectively as a football club has to be looking to sell players like Fred while they at least hold some value.

Jonno

When he limits his play , in other words, tackles and passes simple balls.... he’s very good for United

When he tries to do too much, he’s not Top 4 level

MattofManchester

Fred and solid dont go together in a sentance.
Erratic is probably the right word for him.

Will have a great moment and win the ball back defensively, only to mistime his touch or pass it away immediately.

Will play a good ball forward, only to immediately get bypassed with ease soon after.

Teja

Poor game today.

Gave the ball unnecessarily several times but the city press does that to you.

You either need someone more physical (like Pogba / McT) or more technical (like Kroos) to hold off that press a bit and pick out a pass.

Water Melon

The fecker wins the ball as much as he loses it. A very poor man's JSP.

criticalanalysis

When he limits his play , in other words, tackles and passes simple balls.... he’s very good for United

When he tries to do too much, he’s not Top 4 level
To be fair to him, I think there's two sides to the story in that 1) he's takes on the responsibility because it is the braver and more effective decision i.e taking on the ball on the half turn, driving with it, passing with pace etc and also 2) it's a systematic problem when you have your two deepest midfielders needing to do a lot of the play making and ball carrying in tight places/very risky positions.

Ludens the Red

He’s like the kid in school who always puts his hand up when the teacher asks a question... but then gets the answer wrong 9/10

Lentwood

You need to be better on the ball to play CM for Utd

It’s not just about range of passing, it’s also about being able to shield the ball in tight areas. Fred just turns over possession far too easily

Falcow

Poor game. Too many times he got caught in possession but I'll forgive him as he has been one of our most consistent and dependable players this season who gives it all on the field.
Well said and agreed, he hasn't been great lately but we dont win these games without him.

Suddenly posters claiming Kleberson was better for us. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.