5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply incredible that he’s getting a mixed reaction for today’s performance.

He was magnificent in the second half, absolutely everywhere and really drove us forward as a team. Even his passing was wonderful today, which is (rightly) the most frequent criticism he attracts.

Regardless of the foul that led to Southampton’s second goal, he was our second best player today (no prizes for guessing who was MOTM).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That 2nd half was a proper performance, absolutely dancing passed them.

very stupid foul to give them their free kick though, can’t be doing that .

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

He was magnificent in the second half, absolutely everywhere and really drove us forward as a team. Even his passing was wonderful today, which is (rightly) the most frequent criticism he attracts.

Regardless of the foul that led to Southampton’s second goal, he was our second best player today (no prizes for guessing who was MOTM).
I loved some of his dummy’s and feints in the middle, fair play little things like that opened things up for the team.

drmuji

Listen! If we have started complaining about giving foul away, then we are way better than 2 years ago when clear errors while playing lead to goals. This to me is progress

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I worry when he has a natural drop of form. He has been consistently a top2 performer for months and months and still gets bad reviews here. Imagine when he actually deserves it

Strelok

It was a really soft one tbh. He barely touched that Sou player and when that Sou player realised the ball was in AWB possession he failed over.

Compare to the situation where Rashford was kicked in his feet right before the box and no foul.

Shit ref.

Fred was immense today, again. And what's more special is he's almost cut out his sloppy part and was pretty good with his passing. Hope he can be like this from now on. Love the guy.

simplyared

Feck the free kick he gave away! OK a goal came out of it but he had the sense to make the tackle outside of the box. Shit happens! Todays game was Fred's best performance by a mile in a utd shirt. I've been a doubter and haven't been able to understand the praise he's been getting on here. But today he took the game by the scruff off the neck and put his stamp on it. Never seen him do that before. Too many posters are missing the bigger picture imo!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s added a few skill bits to his game. Clearly a result of hours training with VDB and Bruno. Love seeing him progress.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I was just thinking the same. Runs a lot, does very little. This forum has a host of batshit crazy people on it though.
Dunno the exact number of batshit crazy people but surely pales into comparison to the number of people who refuse to acknowledge good performances from players they typically slag off!

That was a quality performance, by any definition. Big improvement on some recent games which had a lot of hustle but poor use of the ball. He was as good on the ball as he was off it today.

Riz

He’s added a few skill bits to his game. Clearly a result of hours training with VDB and Bruno. Love seeing him progress.
Agreed, either added it or is now finally playing with a confidence in his ability. I would like to see the diamond with those 3 and McT to add a bit more bite in midfield.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It's games like today that show just how much Fred has grown as a player in his time here. When he first arrived he was getting caught repeatedly in these kinds of games and it used to cost us. Now, he's got better awareness, improved his body positioning, and just generally moves the ball about with much more urgency. He's the kind of player that won't always take home the plaudits, but there's not a team in world football who wouldn't want him in their squad.

ROFLUTION

Its funny to see that its a surprise to people that Fred is an immense player :lol: At one point under Ole before Pogba /Matic came back and before Covid19 he was a contender for player of the year and was very much everywhere looking like the pivot of our team in many games. Short memories.

SSSSnake

He gets sooo much grief with his passing but it really isn’t as bad as made out. He gets the ball forward at a quick pace and it’s so important at building the next phase of attack. He doesn’t always play the easy ball which I like because then it puts us on the front foot. Great second half and really pleased with this performance. Watching him and Donny was pure class and they compliment each other quite well.

Falcow

He never ever hides
This is what I like most about him.

Also our first goal, he did really well for it, not at all spectacular but he Ilis the only one in the squad who can do that nitty gritty stuff, if he didnt win that it's not a goal.

Blood Mage

Probably our best player without the ball. One of our worst with the ball mind, but still his work-rate and pressing ability is vital in tight games.

I was just thinking the same. Runs a lot, does very little. This forum has a host of batshit crazy people on it though.
My God, if you can watch that today, even just the highlights and declare Fred does “very little”, you’ve absolutely lost it.

Most passes of any player on either side, 94.5% pass completion, joint most tackles of any player on either side.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is what I like most about him.

Also our first goal, he did really well for it, not at all spectacular but he Ilis the only one in the squad who can do that nitty gritty stuff, if he didnt win that it's not a goal.
100%, he is our one man midfield press and apart from McT is the only one who tries to physically win the midfield battle. What an engine! When we turn the ball over high up the pitch we are dangerous and it’s a relatively simple way to score. we are often guilty of being pedestrian in the buildup when we have a lot of the ball. Put Pogba in the team today instead of Fred and we go 2 down and we are in all sorts of trouble. Fred is as essential as Bruno at this stage as far as I’m concerned. I badly want matic replaced to complete the midfield long term but he was good today. He has good performances in him but I don’t think he’s consistent enough and he has peaked. Matic 5 years ago was a beast. He’d be perfect for this team.

Falcow

100%, he is our one man midfield press and apart from McT is the only one who tries to physically win the midfield battle. What an engine! When we turn the ball over high up the pitch we are dangerous and it’s a relatively simple way to score. we are often guilty of being pedestrian in the buildup when we have a lot of the ball. Put Pogba in the team today instead of Fred and we go 2 down and we are in all sorts of trouble. Fred is as essential as Bruno at this stage as far as I’m concerned. I badly want matic replaced to complete the midfield long term but he was good today. He has good performances in him but I don’t think he’s consistent enough and he has peaked. Matic 5 years ago was a beast. He’d be perfect for this team.
Very true. Winning that battle is a huge part of the game and a team cant win games without winning that first, especially when 2 goals down.

acnumber9

Dunno the exact number of batshit crazy people but surely pales into comparison to the number of people who refuse to acknowledge good performances from players they typically slag off!

That was a quality performance, by any definition. Big improvement on some recent games which had a lot of hustle but poor use of the ball. He was as good on the ball as he was off it today.
I thought he was certainly garbage in the first half. I accept I may have been harsh on him in the second half but I don’t believe he was brilliant either. I wish I could see this great midfielder others are. I just don’t. I think his inability to control the ball with one touch, play quickly or actually be that good defensively is an issue.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doesn’t score, doesn’t assist and doesn’t defend particularly well. He presses well but there’s more to football for me.
More that you don’t appreciate basically.

there’s more to football than goals and assists, his job is doing the dirty work and he does that brilliantly. connects midfield and defence really well and never stops running.

Today he showed his passing can be excellent and showed some beautiful turns and tricks to make himself space.

Godfather

This. Incredible the miles people go to have a go at the lad. Was pure quality today. Especially in the second half

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Kept at it today, especially when we went through that desperate 15 first half minutes. That whole idea of working harder the worse things are has a lot to it.

acnumber9

I suggest you look at his stats and compare him to the best in his position in the league.
I could compare him to Matic who plays in the same team. He gets dribbled past less despite turning as slow as a bus.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Wonderful little player. Drove us through that second half with a controlled midfield performance. Calm when we needed it, creative through the lines when we needed it and pressed so well. We probably should score more goals from the type of chances we create from him and others winning the ball high up the pitch. I admire this guy not only for his best qualities, but for his mentality and other qualities that make him into this consistent, reliable allround player that he is at the moment.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
In the last few games, it seems his offensive play has improved 25%, but his defensive play has deteriorated 10%. The opponents were quite decent so no problem with that.

His passing is fine as long as he can keep the ball on the ground. He needs to be paired with physical presence, and I don't think it's Matic.
Luckily, Fred works with everyone. Hell, even Pogba might look like a decent footballer one day next to Fred.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's like our Marchisio or Gatusso. A warrior against any team. One of my favorite players in this United.

Status
Not open for further replies.