Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obiorahking_

The headbutt rule is so stupid. Paredes initiated it so why cant he move his head out the way? A bit silly to me.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Yes it was his fault. Had he not done what he did in the first half the ref can’t send him off.
He got away with it in first half. The foul he was sent off was not even a foul. What more he should do? It's on Ole to keep him on. Fred can't sub himself off. Fred was always going the moment he tackled. Can't expect him to not tackle at all ?

Ekeke

The Olympic level mental gymnastics people are doing to try to say he was playing well and was unlucky to be sent off

Dangerous levels of copium to try and explain away reality

He'll rightly feel hard done by, he played well and his mistake was getting unnerved ever so slightly by parades
really?! Never seen a player so lucky to be on the pitch as him. How that’s was checked by VAR and not a red card is simply unbelievable. He then doesn’t reign his game in. He played on as if he hadn’t been booked. Appalling.

of course OGS should have subbed him at half time, but the player is still accountable for his actions. He and the manager cost us the game tonight, and probably qualification.

having said all that, we all make mistakes. Tonight were very bad - but we need to move on.

Teja

The key is to move your head just enough so you rile the other guy up while still having plausible deniability.

Anyway, apart from the idiotic headbutt, he played very well. Second yellow was not deserved but he should really have been off in the first half, so karma I guess.

DickDastardly

The headbutt thing is just plain dumb. He should have been off, and rightly so.
I'd take a month of salary of any professional player who does that. First time.
Second time - you'd never play for me again.

Now, onto the pure footballing review.
He played great. Tackled, got in them, won the ball. Just like we want him to play.
Yes, when your on a second yellow, you should know better, but to be fair - he got the ball clean as feck.

The problem is - he shouldn't have been on the pitch after the first 45' anyhow.
And to be fair again, that's not his problem. You can't sub your self off unless your Gianluca Vialli.

Keep on Fred.

MattyLT

Am I the only one who thinks Fred's second yellow was actually a foul on him by the PSG player?

This is what it looked like to me:

1) Even though recovering from a bad touch, Fred is clearly first into the situation.
2) Fred wins the ball 100% fairly with a good tackle. No studs, no flying through the air, not at all "out of control".
3) The PSG player is late into the situation, and because of that he rams his knee into Fred's thigh after failing to be first on the ball.

No yellow card either way. Freekick for United.

No?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Didn’t watch the game so can’t comment on specific incidents but what is this collective madness where I’m seeing literally dozens of posts saying how Ole made a grave error not subbing him off at half time. Is that a thing now? We have to sub every player who gets booked at half time? That would make life quite difficult for us, surely?!?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Didn’t watch the game so can’t comment on specific incidents but what is this collective madness where I’m seeing literally dozens of posts saying how Ole made a grave error not subbing him off at half time. Is that a thing now? We have to sub every player who gets booked at half time? That would make life quite difficult for us, surely?!?
Thing is, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Not only should he have seen a straight red, he should've got another yellow for his collision with Paredes. We all knew he was going to commit at least one more foul because that's the type of player he is, and we knew PSG would deliberately target him and make a meal out of the slightest thing.

What adds to the frustration is that we had plenty of options on the bench, too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The Olympic level mental gymnastics people are doing to try to say he was playing well and was unlucky to be sent off

Dangerous levels of copium to try and explain away reality
He was playing well - which is why he didn’t get subbed off

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Bit of a train wreck performance. I thought he was riding the line for the last month and not surprised to see him fall in a hole. He's been quite good as well, a shame he'll miss RB.

predator

Youth NITK
Great player in these games. Tonight he lost his head and still stayed on, being lucky. Then got unlucky and got his comeuppance so to speak.

Ole should've used his position as manager to stop the second part of the above happening. We all knew it was going to happen and only one man was capable of stopping it, and he didn't.

Fred will hopefully learn from this but ultimately in this situation Ole has no excuse.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Thing is, it was obvious he was going to get sent off. Not only should he have seen a straight red, he should've got another yellow for his collision with Paredes. We all knew he was going to commit at least one more foul because that's the type of player he is, and we knew PSG would deliberately target him and make a meal out of the slightest thing.

What adds to the frustration is that we had plenty of options on the bench, too.
Just seen the replay of his second yellow. Never a booking. Hererra was far more reckless than Fred, who won the ball cleanly.

Are there are any other incidents after the initial booking where he was lucky to escape a second yellow? Because central midfielders play 90 minutes after an early booking all the time. You can’t just sub them off at half time every time they get a booking. That’s insane.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just seen the replay of his second yellow. Never a booking. Hererra was far more reckless than Fred. Are there are any other incidents after the booking where he was lucky to escape a booking? Because central midfielders play 90 minutes after an early booking all the time. You can’t just sub them off at half time every time they get a booking. That’s insane.
That was harsh, but he should've already been sent off twice before that. We got away with it both times and Ole should've known they'd now target him, count his blessings that the ref saved him from getting sent off at least twice, and subbed him.

Maybe the video in @limerickcitykid 's post above will have the replays.

Red00012

Should of been subbed off at half time .

end of . I blame Ole for this .
Regardless if Ole felt he was playing well , you’re sending out a midfielder to win possession with his hands tied behind his back.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Am I the only one who thinks Fred's second yellow was actually a foul on him by the PSG player?

This is what it looked like to me:

1) Even though recovering from a bad touch, Fred is clearly first into the situation.
2) Fred wins the ball 100% fairly with a good tackle. No studs, no flying through the air, not at all "out of control".
3) The PSG player is late into the situation, and because of that he rams his knee into Fred's thigh after failing to be first on the ball.

No yellow card either way. Freekick for United.

No?
Agree with you. And I am neither a United nor a Fred fan.

JJ12

So everyone on the pitch before Fred got sent off, when we were 2-1 down was playing well because if they werent they would have been subbed off?
We are talking about Fred, no?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just seen the replay of his second yellow. Never a booking. Hererra was far more reckless than Fred, who won the ball cleanly.

Are there are any other incidents after the initial booking where he was lucky to escape a second yellow? Because central midfielders play 90 minutes after an early booking all the time. You can’t just sub them off at half time every time they get a booking. That’s insane.
Getting a first yellow is not the issue here though. He head butted someone which would be a red any other day, stamped on Parades which was also missed by ref . Referee could just be looking at these incidents at halftime and if he decides to give a second yellow for the very first aggressive challenge , can you blame him ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Getting a first yellow is not the issue here though. He head butted someone which would be a red any other day, stamped on Parades which was also missed by ref . Referee could just be looking at these incidents at halftime and if he decides to give a second yellow for the very first aggressive challenge , can you blame him ?
I saw a replay of that. Was a nothing challenge. If that’s the extent of his recklessness after being booked then I can only assume the hysteria is fuelled by hindsight.

Conor

The miracle of life pales in comparison to Fred still being on the pitch at the HT whistle. It was obvious to anyone with a brain cell that he would only have to sneeze to be sent off in the second half.

JJ12

I still think calling that a head butt shows how pathetically soft the game is. Paredes comes in unprovoked for a start.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I still think calling that a head butt shows how pathetically soft the game is. Paredes comes in unprovoked for a start.
True but thats what the rules are though. Its a RED any day.

kundalini

Try the incident (after about 38 mins) in which a PSG player, probably Paredes, got booked, when on the replay Fred stood on his foot.

Fred could have been booked very early in the match for a reckless challenge.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

That wasn't a normal booking though and PSG aren't your normal side.

Status
Not open for further replies.