Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

Several ugly passes tonight, an awful pass got us in trouble leading eventually to their 3rd goal.

Good player who had a very poor game.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

There was a period where he genuinely looked like he was becoming a top player but that's a distant memory. He has now regressed back to his debut season form.

laughtersassassin

An awful footballer to me. Hate watching him play.

God help us if we don't buy a starting DM this summer. We need to stop playing McFred.

It's so costly

Andersonson

He does this _every_ game. Some shocking losses in the middle of the park. Today he got punished for it.

He aint good enough

Zoo

He was bad but why do we keep using him to try and build up slowly from the back when it’s clear the opposition are waiting for it. There’s no game intelligence.

Josh 76

I’ve said it many times.
Fred is the weakest link in the team. Klopp knew that and played on it.

forget RW or CF or CD. We need a CM player who can pass, shoot and retain possession!

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Can we just start issuing fines to any CB that passes it to him just outside the box when we're trying to play out from the back?

Dve

Arguably our best player first half, but shat it in the second. What a shame.

laughtersassassin

He was bad but why do we keep using him to try and build up slowly from the back when it’s clear the opposition are waiting for it. There’s no game intelligence.
Midfielders need to be able to pass the ball. If he can't do that he shouldnt play.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Because other options are AWB, Lindelof ,Bailly and Scott. Shaw is double marked.

laughtersassassin

If you press Fred hard you are guaranteed to end up with a couple of great chance as he gifts you the ball in the edge of the box.

Some examples off the top of my head
1. Today against Liverpool. Crap in general and started the gift that was their third goal.
2. Villa himself and McTominay linking up to gift Traore a goal. Lindelof crap too but it starts from losing the ball for no reason. Fred started it by selling McTominay short and then they all fecked up.
3. One Roma's goal in the second leg. Lost the ball on the edge of our box trying to do Skill. Despite the fact he is very poor at it.
4. Leicester in the FA Cup final. Did it 3-4 times until they finally scored.

And that's just off the top of my head in the past few weeks.

He is a liability. He does very little well and does a lot terribly. Cannot wait for him to not play anymore.

Sadly for United that's probably a few years away.

I'm sure Villareal will be pressing him hard in the final knowing he is more than likely to give you a fe brilliant chances. I wouldn't play him.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He not reliable at all. About 5 times this season he’s caught out facing our own goal. People preach about his “stats” - but simply he is not good enough if we aim to compete at the highest level. End of.

Red00012

If you press Fred hard you are guaranteed to end up with a couple of great chance as he gifts you the ball in the edge of the box.

Some examples off the top of my head
1. Today against Liverpool. Crap in general and started the gift that was their third goal.
2. Villa himself and McTominay linking up to gift Traore a goal. Lindelof crap too but it starts from losing the ball for no reason. Fred started it by selling McTominay short and then they all fecked up.
3. One Roma's goal in the second leg. Lost the ball on the she of our box.
4. Leicester in the FA Cup final. Did it 3-4 times until they finally scored.

And that's just off the top of my head in the past few weeks.

He is a liability. He does very little well and does a lot terribly. Cannot wait for him to not play anymore.

Sadly for United that's probably a few years away.

I'm sure Villareal will be pressing him hard in the final knowing he is more than likely to give you a fe brilliant chances. I wouldn't play him.
Wolves last season as well or was it the season before ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He costs us too many goals to ever guarantee a starting position again, not like his football ability warrants it.

laughtersassassin

Wolves last season as well or was it the season before ?
I'm sure there is a million more. Not to mention the ones that don't lead to goals.

He instills panic in the entire team

Shocking player honestly. Just get Rice and have some stability for God sake.

Fred is a yo yo of a footballer. Frustrating beyond belief

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
One of the worst individual performances I've seen from a Man Utd player this season.

We badly need a midfield player for that role in front of the back four, but we knew that before a ball was kicked tonight.

Red00012

Matic shouldn’t be in our squad and Fred should be where Matic is. A squad player who is rarely used

Robindinho

Second half was just a disaster, thought he was playing quite well in the first...

I wonder if he knows a steward that he constantly waves to. Seriously, what’s with the hand up? Literally after every pass of his - apologising that he misplaced a pass or acknowledging a run he saw but failed/chose not to pick out.

Goes without saying that we need an upgrade on him (and McTominay).

laughtersassassin

One of the worst individual performances I've seen from a Man Utd player this season.

We badly need a midfield player for that role in front of the back four, but we knew that before a ball was kicked tonight.
He has all the worst performances imo. He was worse the the FA cup semi

edcunited1878

Bad game from him today and he, like many footballers, aren't immune to lose passes. Just was exposed tonight and it didn't work out.

Poor taste to judge him on today's match as he's been very good this year again. He brings what is needed in a two man central midfield and he isn't the weakest link between McTominay and him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Don’t worry, he’ll run around a lot again, against weaker opposition and he’ll be hailed as a great signing soon enough.

Seriously need an upgrade when both your starting mids are better without the ball, then with it.

laughtersassassin

Bad game from him today and he, like many footballers, aren't immune to lose passes. Just was exposed tonight and it didn't work out.

Poor taste to judge him on today's match as he's been very good this year again. He brings what is needed in a two man central midfield and he isn't the weakest link between McTominay and him.
Standards in the toilet. His "contribution" these last few weeks. Neither are good enough.

Fred is better generally by a tiny bit buts costs us more. He is good at very little and bad at a lot

Some examples.
3. One Roma's goal in the second leg. Lost the ball on the edge of our box trying to do Skill. Despite the fact he is very poor at it.
4. Leicester in the FA Cup final. Did it 3-4 times until they finally scored

edcunited1878

Standards in the toilet. His "contribution" these last few weeks. Neither are good enough.

Fred is better generally by a tiny bit buts costs us more. He is good at very little and bad at a lot

Some examples.
4. Leicester in the FA Cup final. Did it 3-4 times until they finally scored
I'll defend Fred and rightfully so. He's not the top of the top CMs, but for what is needed for United in a midfield two, he does more good than harm.

Yes, he's made his share of mistakes and does get caught out, but I can live with it when you look at the totality of it which is last season and this season. To that, you're gonna need a ball winner and scrappy player with decent to good passing to replace him. It's going to cost more than 40M pounds, at least.

He was undoubtedly bad today, but so was everyone else for the most part. Like unrecognizably poor. The Villa goal was them two not being on the same length but also a top class shot that you cannot take away.

United only have 4 orthodox central midfielders, all with different characteristics, but the one that functions the best for the team is Fred and McTominay. That pairing obviously has its shortcomings and it cost them today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Sometimes excellent, sometimes woeful, levels out at painfully average.

I know he has his defenders and I know he fares well in a lot of stats but really.....

Ace

Do you think the players are as fed up with him as the fans? He seems like a nice guy, but it has to be so frustrating playing with him in the team.

He’s the least talented player to have worn the shirt —I’d take any one of our below average Moyes-LvG-Mourinho-era midfielders over Fred. Including Fat Anderson (#28).

The amount of arm waving and apologising he does pisses me off. Just get on with it.

im not a fan of his, and don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough.

we need to spend big in the middle of the park. Fred, Mata, DVDB and Matic could all leave and we haven’t lost much quality.

we need two midfielders this summer.

passing-wind

Makes no sense how a professional footballer cannot receive the ball on the half turn. He had time and space on lead up to the third goal to adjust. I've got nothing against Fred but he's the Herrera / Lingard of this current squad. He needs to be replaced with a more competent midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.