Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal981

Maybe we should make new chat. 50 million down the drain, fred losses the ball again

Eternitiy

Declan Rice is a must in the summer. Give West Ham Fred. They can raise the fee if they wish, but please just take Fred.

hubbuh

He had a bad second half, but was good in the first. Really bad game all around for everyone, so I don't see why Fred is getting chastised like he was the only that fecked up tonight. Luke Shaw is everyone's favourite and even he completely ballsed up for their third goal (admittedly started by a misplaced Fred pass).

el3mel

If that was truly the case, United wouldn't be 2nd place with 70 points through 36 matches. He's not the top of top, but let's not go completely overboard because a poor showing against Liverpool.
Probably we are second because we have other great and quality players and not thanks to fecking Fred.

He started the season pretty well, but he has been average to terrible since then.

hubbuh

Probably we are second because we have other great and quality players and not thanks to fecking Fred.

He started the season pretty well, but he has been average to terrible since then.
Do people think Fred has been worse than McTominay? For me, Fred has actually been present and involved. I'm struggling to see any impact or involvement from McTominay.

Eternitiy

He had a bad second half, but was good in the first. Really bad game all around for everyone, so I don't see why Fred is getting chastised like he was the only that fecked up tonight. Luke Shaw is everyone's favourite and even he completely ballsed up for their third goal (admittedly started by a misplaced Fred pass).
Shaw should have released the ball earlier, but that moment wasn't why we conceded. Henderson should have saved the initial shot, and McTominay was ball-watching, instead of tracking Firmino's run.

Fred's error was by far the worst of all in the build up to that goal. He was under zero pressure and it was pathetic attempt at a pass.

el3mel

Do people think Fred has been worse than McTominay? For me, Fred has actually been present and involved. I'm struggling to see any impact or involvement from McTominay.
Both have been mostly average to terrible this season with the odd good game.

Just bring present and involved isn't enough by the way.

jem

Exactly. It's like saying we won the league in 2012-3, so Ashley Young couldn't have been shit that year.

hubbuh

Both have been mostly average to terrible this season with the odd good game.

Just bring present and involved isn't enough by the way.
Well, obviously being present and involved is the bare requisite. I wasn't implying that was sufficient, I was drawing attention to the fact that Fred actually makes himself available whereas McTominay appears to go hiding all too often. I don't think either are good enough in the middle for any team with big ambitions. They lack the ability to control games and while they are definitely useful squad players, I'll never feel confident that we'll win high stakes games with that pairing. Who the feck is out there that'll address that need, though.

hubbuh

Yeah it pretty much is, pal
:rolleyes: Fred has been consistently sufficient in the middle of the park. Clearly he's not top level, but our inability to score in all of those bore draws weren't his fault. He's a very useful player to have in the team. He's had a pretty good season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If that was truly the case, United wouldn't be 2nd place with 70 points through 36 matches. He's not the top of top, but let's not go completely overboard because a poor showing against Liverpool.
70 points is nothing great. And we get more wins inspire of the likes of Fred than due to them since he's nowhere near our best players.

Shit is a bit much. He's bang average and at a club like United that's two levels too low.

jem

:rolleyes: Fred has been consistently sufficient in the middle of the park. Clearly he's not top level, but our inability to score in all of those bore draws weren't his fault. He's a very useful player to have in the team. He's had a pretty good season.
Consistently sufficient - it's like you couldn't even be arsed :lol:

hubbuh

Consistently sufficient - it's like you couldn't even be arsed :lol:
Well, I'm not going to lie and pretend he's been the dogs bollocks :lol:. I think he's useful to have in the squad and he's had a decent season but we need better. Fair enough?!

edcunited1878

70 points is nothing great. And we get more wins inspire of the likes of Fred than due to them since he's nowhere near our best players.

Shit is a bit much. He's bang average and at a club like United that's two levels too low.
70 points isn't great, but it's clear progress especially when navigating this past season.

Fred isn't one of the best players, but as it relates to this current team and how it functions, he's a key piece in a central midfield two.

Don't think he's bang average either as he's a good player for what he's tasked to do. A bang average player who is a central midfielder is Hojeberg at Spurs or Andre Gomes at Everton.

lex talionis

Fred is a perfectly reasonable squad man for a club trying to climb from top four to title contender, but we definitely need to upgrade on Fred and bring him on when other midfielders are out injured or need rest.

amolbhatia50k

Fred is a perfectly reasonable squad man for a club trying to climb from top four to title contender, but we definitely need to upgrade on Fred and bring him on when other midfielders are out injured or need rest.
He's perfect for a club becoming a top side. Title contenders don't have half baked CMs like him starting.

Edit : sorry you said squad man. Missed that part

sokol11

For so long so obvious he is just not good enough. Always has tendency to lose balls in dangerous positions. Bench option at best. We need better starter for his position.

He was fine in the first half and Liverpool changed their tactics on us at half time. I was watching on a tiny screen so couldn't tell exactly but I assume something like Firmino dropped deeper towards the midfield and we didnt know where to mark? Exposing our tactical naivety.

The goal was 3 mistakes one after the other, no way should Fred's pass have led to a goal. I dont know why we keep picking those passes to him though. We need to spend time over summer teaching the team to deal with those situations better.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Hes probably running on fumes right now after a long season. No doubt had a bad game, but isnt as bad as people make him out to be

Yes, he had some badly misplaced passes, but he got no help from McTomminay all night. The positions the latter takes up when we have the ball is just mind blowing

Jackal981

70 points isn't great, but it's clear progress especially when navigating this past season.

Fred isn't one of the best players, but as it relates to this current team and how it functions, he's a key piece in a central midfield two.

Don't think he's bang average either as he's a good player for what he's tasked to do. A bang average player who is a central midfielder is Hojeberg at Spurs or Andre Gomes at Everton.
Would rather take Hoijberg rather than this donkey turd

villain

Hates Beyoncé
So as I’ve been saying all season - his ability has taken us about as far as we can go now.

We’re no longer the scrappy team who struggle to maintain possession, control the game or create chances.
We’ve taken the next step up, and there are players in the squad who you know have the ability to handle that pressure and provide the quality necessary - Fred isn’t one of them.

He has fierce defenders because he’s got this workhorse mentality, but as a squad we’re beyond that now. Fred, McTominay in particular should be seen as squad players next season. That’s all there is to it.

We need a DM, desperately - and I hope that game made Ole realise it.

amolbhatia50k

Progression from shit is to be expected. It's decent but means nothing unless we start challenging soon. Just a feel good thing.

That's the problem. Players of his standard being a key piece of any time is worrisome.

Semantics. Were really scrapping the bottom of the barrel to big up Fred now. Maguire is a good player by United standards (not great but pretty good). Fred just average visa a v our ambitions. Either way, good, average whatever. He's not at the level required. I've always felt he's useful but there's a point beyond which you can't useful but erratic school boy, being a main starter

Devil81

People defending Fred over last nights performance, crazy.

Running on fumes I've just ready, well I've seen players struggling out on their feet or even injured but the basics of playing a pass has never left their game. He was picking the ball up, head up and finding their players with every pass!!

There was one three yard pass on the left that resulted in the ball going to the feet of a Liverpool player two yards off the United lad. It's like he's colour blind and is actually thinking he's passing the ball to the right man.

Bwuk

He's nowhere near the standard required.

The same people who rate him no doubt also rated Chris Smalling.

Raven

Bad game from him yesterday, still think he's our best CM, which isn't exactly a glowing endorsement of the rest of them. If we're going to continue with a midfield 2, we need to find a much better passer than McTominay to partner him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought he was good in first half but his second half was pure shite. Normally he performs better in second half not yesterday.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He plays too deep and makes mistakes in deep positions.

the same would happen to BrunoFernandes who is a cm but maybe prone to mistakes the deeper he players.

fred is not good when he gets pressed.
We need to stop playing with 2 players so deep and just have one who can handle a press, let the other work above the press area.

season is over and it’s just time to rebuild. Good season from him with areas that he needs to improve on and ole needs to identify his weaknesses

Sylar

The misplaced pass for the 3rd goal was the worst hes done as it was under no real pressure and just a wayward pass.

We need to improve upon him. I think hes done well but we cant be starting him next season if we want to challenge.

jem

Well, I'm not going to lie and pretend he's been the dogs bollocks :lol:. I think he's useful to have in the squad and he's had a decent season but we need better. Fair enough?!
Fair enough. And to be honest, the word 'shite' is relative. An example is Jesse Lingard: he's obviously a good player, but because he's short of the required standard, a level that might work for lesser teams feels like 'shite' for United. I suspect Fred is the same.

Last edited:

acnumber9

Clearly he's not top level, but our inability to score in all of those bore draws weren't his fault.
You say that like consistently losing the midfield battle isn’t part of the reason we struggled to score in those games. Or that a starting midfielder for Man United shouldn’t be expected to help create. You’d need to be a fecking defensive lynchpin to get away with not contributing to the attack and he’s far from it.

Kostov

Fabinho and Wijnaldum made him look like a pub player last night. I wait on some screenshot with stats to make me look like my eyes saw a different game.

Djemba-Djemba

You say that like consistently losing the midfield battle isn’t part of the reason we struggled to score in those games. Or that a starting midfielder for Man United shouldn’t be expected to help create. You’d need to be a fecking defensive lynchpin to get away with not contributing to the attack and he’s far from it.
Exactly this.

If you're going to be such a non entity going forward you have to be a fecking makalele style supreme defensive midfielder. And he's not that.

He's a complete liability

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Fabinho and Wijnaldum made him look like a pub player last night. I wait on some screenshot with stats to make me look like my eyes saw a different game.
I thought he was shocking too. It completely baffled me that some people thought he was the best player on the pitch. And I agree with @Djemba-Djemba he's a mistake waiting to happen.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Academy players get a free pass. If we’d bought McT for 50 million and were paying him whatever fred is getting the top reds would be going mental at him too. the academy lads need to be absolutely top class if they are going to be regulars. Is McT really as good of a player as we can get for the position? In most big teams academy lads are battling with expensive signings for their place instead of being automatic starters regardless of form.

Last edited:

Ekeke

Theres only 1 player who truly makes the difference between us being 2nd and out of the top 4 and its not Fred. He'd be so far down that list its funny

We're where we are because of Bruno Fernandes. Without his signing, or if we had a normal quality of player in his position we'd be well behind Leicester and Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.