Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Academy players get a free pass. If we’d bought McT for 50 million and paying him whatever fred is getting the top reds would be going mental at him too.
To be fair if Fred had played probably half the season out of position while carrying injuries but still contributing regularly with goals and assists I suspect he'd be getting less criticism as well. Academy player or not.

FYI I was replying to your original post which said Rashford before you edited it. But the point still largely stands.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
To be fair if Fred had played probably half the season out of position while carrying injuries but still contributing regularly with goals and assists I suspect he'd be getting less criticism as well. Academy player or not.

FYI I was replying to your original post which said Rashford before you edited it. But the point still largely stands.
what about McT? You reckon he gets into any other top team? No chance I’m afraid

edcunited1878

Theres only 1 player who truly makes the difference between us being 2nd and out of the top 4 and its not Fred. He'd be so far down that list its funny

We're where we are because of Bruno Fernandes. Without his signing, or if we had a normal quality of player in his position we'd be well behind Leicester and Chelsea
Bruno has nothing to do with this, not sure how or why he's brought up. Fred has started 29 or 30 league matches this year and has contributed to a very good year that could still end with a trophy.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Theres only 1 player who truly makes the difference between us being 2nd and out of the top 4 and its not Fred. He'd be so far down that list its funny

We're where we are because of Bruno Fernandes. Without his signing, or if we had a normal quality of player in his position we'd be well behind Leicester and Chelsea
Agreed.

Bruno being in our team is the difference between us an Arsenal. The fact the lesser sides fear Bruno makes them sit off and doesn't expose the weakness of players like Fred, that's how we can beat them. Whereas the best sides like Liverpool don't care and we end up with results like last night's.

Ironically Fred cost us more than Bruno. How crazy is that?! :lol:

I still cant get over the fact we signed the Brazilian Danny Drinkwater for £50m.

OrdinaryVice

Let's see how Fred looks besides someone like Casemiro. If Fred actually plays of course.

Ali Dia

Fred has been our only playmaker for 4/5 of the quite successful season. Basically run into the ground territory. He needs much better than flighty Pogba or McT and Matic going missing in beside him. I don’t think any other midfielder thrives under those conditions either. He also needs someone to rotate with him or take him out of the team. There currently is nobody else. Put Pogba and McT into a match and people will see. They’ve thankfully seen enough of Matic to know he’s not an option anymore. Without Fred there’s nobody else in the squad to make play set tempo and go box to box

Last edited:

stevoc

what about McT? You reckon he gets into any other top team? No chance I’m afraid
Not sure personally I thought he's looked good when Fred was playing better and at times I thought he's looked great beside Pogba. Playing beside a player like Fred who has been in terrible form for month's isn't helping Scotts form either and let's be honest ultimately I see him as a squad player who should be an option, much like Fred should be. We need a DM capable of doing the job they are sharing as both are more box to box midfielders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fabinho and Wijnaldum made him look like a pub player last night. I wait on some screenshot with stats to make me look like my eyes saw a different game.
That's why people need to stop with the "if it's good enough for 2nd...". Liverpool haven't vanished. Chelsea will be a force. Our midfield two are nowhere near Liverpool's. They have PL and CL. Fred and Mctominay could never do that.

432JuanMata

Better than Scott but the fact one is a academy player and the other was bought for 50m brings more criticism for Fred. Still though in the long term he isn’t good enough to be a starter, yes I know he has been good this season but his ability on the ball goes from carrick to me real quick. He is better without the ball but if we our to improve and try dominate teams I don’t think he’s good enough for it

SATA

We really need to fire the scout whom recommended Fred to the club. Just what he has seen in Fred? Fred can be good on his day but he's too erratic to be a top midfielder playing at a club at United. Also was he really a target by Pep?

Ali Dia

Honestly I think whoever spotted Fred did a good job. The same good job they’ve been doing at city as city were in for him too. Statistically he’s doing two jobs attacking and defending. There’s no other midfielder that’s supposed to defend thats having anything close to the same influence higher up the pitch. The probables is and always has been his partners and the lack of a viable rotation option for him. He’s twice the player McTominay will ever be. He’s just running on fumes and he’s spread too thin.

Ekeke

Honestly I think whoever spotted Fred did a good job. The same good job they’ve been doing at city as city were in for him too. Statistically he’s doing two jobs attacking and defending. There’s no other midfielder that’s supposed to defend thats having anything close to the same influence higher up the pitch. The probables is and always has been his partners and the lack of a viable rotation option for him. He’s twice the player McTominay will ever be. He’s just running on fumes and he’s spread too thin.
He does neither of them. City also signed Hargreaves

Ali Dia

He does neither of them. City also signed Hargreaves
Check his stats vs Rice. This season he whips him in attacking and defending actions and rice is in a team that should be defending a lot more than us and rice is their best player. Honestly. It’s our attack has fluctuated and fired blanks in easy games and Fred has been run into the ground doing the work of 2 players for 90% of this season. He might well be falling short of doing that but he has mostly done a good job here this season beyond the brain farts which won’t be trained out of him at this stage. It’s up to the manager to stop putting him in that position as the deepest player but what’s the alternative? MCT? Hardly. Pogba tried that. Matic is finished. That’s the problem

Polar

We need to keep both Fred and McT, but we most of all need a third alternative: a nr. 1 in the CM position.

Think both Rabiot and Casemiro is available in a deal including Pogba. I really like Pogba, but he unfortunately isn’t an ideal player in our current set-up. Maybe it’s time to let Pogba move on.

This is my favourite set up (midtfield) right now:
Rashford - Bruno - Sancho
Fred - Rabiot/Casemiro

Jackal981

Hey Fred how you doing

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I suppose by Fred's standards, not costing us the game is him playing well.
Sorry what did he do wrong? 88% pass accuracy, most touches on the pitch, pressed well, gave it to Bruno and Pogba and Rashford and Greenwood in advanced positions all day, won the ball back well... saying anything about Fred today is 100% agenda driven. Absolutely nothing wrong with his performance today.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Such a divisive player it seems. I dont understand how people can watch him today and think that it is a good performance. He plays teammates into trouble, breaks down our attacks and is generally clumsy. Im not even one of the snobs who thinks that every player needs to be like Messi on the ball, but Fred really just isnt good enough. You could put anyone with decent stamina/fitness in there and they could do a similar job to what he does.

Drainy

Sorry what did he do wrong? 88% pass accuracy, most touches on the pitch, pressed well, gave it to Bruno and Pogba and Rashford and Greenwood in advanced positions all day, won the ball back well... saying anything about Fred today is 100% agenda driven. Absolutely nothing wrong with his performance today.
He's a nothing player. Its proven all season long.

No shots (though that probably helps us), no key passes, no interceptions. Great game, yeah.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
He's a nothing player. Its proven all season long.

No shots (though that probably helps us), no key passes, no interceptions. Great game, yeah.
He sometimes makes interceptions but even a broken clock is right 2 times per day

stevoc

Such a divisive player it seems. I dont understand how people can watch him today and think that it is a good performance. He plays teammates into trouble, breaks down our attacks and is generally clumsy. Im not even one of the snobs who thinks that every player needs to be like Messi on the ball, but Fred really just isnt good enough. You could put anyone with decent stamina/fitness in there and they could do a similar job to what he does.
Yep, I didn't think he was bad today I thought he was alright but nothing more. Standards are low if that's considered a good performance even by Fred's standards.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah — I think this is the most significant point. The stuff Fred is good at - like really good at - is stuff that is quite easy to get in a player. We need far more from our central midfielders.

Drainy

He sometimes makes interceptions but even a broken clock is right 2 times per day
The guy makes a lot of tackles, I'll give him that, but he just runs about with no forethought and gets dribbled past almost as much as he wins the tackles.

He's a disgrace as a defensive midfielder, and so mediocre with the usage of the ball he's hardly adequate in a box to box role. I don't get how people dick ride for him.

klayton88

Jesus Christ our standards have really dropped. Basically him and Mctommers don't give the ball away 20 times between them and they've had good games.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
The guy makes a lot of tackles, I'll give him that, but he just runs about with no forethought and gets dribbled past almost as much as he wins the tackles.

He's a disgrace as a defensive midfielder, and so mediocre with the usage of the ball he's hardly adequate in a box to box role. I don't get how people dick ride for him.
In all honesty there aren’t any better options at the moment.

With Pogba we are exposed in the middle as he does not track back
Matic is old and can’t play too many games
VDB is...he just isn’t

Hope we sign a good DM in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.