5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSSnake

Fred scoring gives me the same energy when I saw Anderson scoring back in the day. Maybe it’s because they are both Brazilian and it was like the second coming when they scored a goal

Anyway very happy he got a goal and I’m sure it’ll lift him going into the next match.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It seems like all players really happy for him when he scored. Even though that's the 5th goal.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Best brazilian that ever played for us (& I still am quite a fan of Anderson).

Varun

Staff
Will always divide fan opinion like most players I guess. What is clear is that Ole believes in you and Scott so the links with CDM's are more the media and some fans wishful thinking. I actually think you are better than most fans give you credit for.
Thanks for the support mate

Best,
Fred

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Much better than him for me. Both internationally and the quality of football he gave us.

Rafael was just gung ho fullback that would have been found out if he was here. Average at lyon too.

Levenstein

Very good performance. More confident on ball. Happy for his goal and great finish also. Love his attitude on pitch. Kept his head calm even under pressure (pass from our box to Greenwood)

He tries lot of passes that many players would not think of and when he sometimes fails that's not end of the world.

sp_107

Fred and McTominay are really good players but they both are more suited for number-8 role means we still need a proper CDM and one of Fred /McT can play along with him.

Another problem is once we have Rashford/Sancho/Cavani means only CDM/Bruno/Pogba can play in midfield that means both Fred/McT should be on bench. Bit strange situation we have in our hands.

If we have to bench them then its only because of tactics and balance

Litch

Fred and McTominay are really good players but they both are more suited for number-8 role means we still need a proper CDM and one of Fred /McT can play along with him.

Another problem is once we have Rashford/Sancho/Cavani means only CDM/Bruno/Pogba can play in midfield that means both Fred/McT should be on bench. Bit strange situation we have in our hands.

If we have to bench them then its only because of tactics and balance
Agree neither are true CDM's in the same way, neither is Pogs. I actually don't think Ole wants one. I think he's happy with McFred and most of the talk has been from fans and the media about needing one. Must admit, if you are Ole, you can see why. Generally the biggest games since he's been here against the top teams in the league and in Europe, they have rarely let him down. They might be limited but our record against Liverpool, City and Chelsea has been good with them in it. Winning the first 3 games in CL and getting to the final of the Europa, where they have pretty much played in all those games, can hardly be seen as their failure? Might be me.....

ur2cdanger

Without even considering quality of players, who are our options in the central midfield? Fred, McTominay, Matic and Pogba may be. Is this enough even number wise?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Without even considering quality of players, who are our options in the central midfield? Fred, McTominay, Matic and Pogba may be. Is this enough even number wise?
Van der Beek too, maybe Pereira at a push if he stays.

Both Scott and Fred have a great fitness record though which really helps, it's no wonder they've built a good partnership together.

ur2cdanger

Van der Beek too, maybe Pereira at a push if he stays.
I really wish we can move Pereira out of this. I really don't think he is a central midfielder which leaves us with Fred, Scott, Matic, Fred, Pogba and VDB. I feel this is very thin. We need another option here just due to the sheer number of matches that we will play.

Adam-Utd

I really wish we can move Pereira out of this. I really don't think he is a central midfielder which leaves us with Fred, Scott, Matic, Fred, Pogba and VDB. I feel this is very thin. We need another option here just due to the sheer number of matches that we will play.
5 options for 2 positions isn't so bad really.

RedDevilRoshi

I thought 1st half he was a little poor. Giving the ball away cheaply, a few poor decision makings and a couple of loose touches which were gifting possession back to Leeds.

2nd half he really stepped up and was a completely different player. Looked more confident on the ball, linked up really well with his teammates and even played in some nice through balls. His goal was my favourite out of all of them. Just a fantastic team goal with the passing and the movement. Did well to see the space in the box and coolly slot it in.

Very good strong 2nd half performance.

Abraxas

Fred is an excellent player. It always feels like he can have 8 good games to every 1 poor one but as soon as he slips or has some poor moments the usual detractors come out or meaningless generalisations such as "not winning a league with Fred" arise. He's been consistently good for a couple of years now! We have to get everything right to win a league, that's the truth of it, the evidence suggests Fred can play the part.

He's our perfect third man in midfield. He's not your purely defensive man, and it certainly helps if you have those with a killer pass alongside him. But in terms of short passing, harrying, intercepting, energy, his statistics are top level. It's absolutely key to Oles ideas surrounding quick, dynamic attacking play exploiting our forward types.

I feel a lot more confident when he's on the team sheet as I know we'll get a number of dangerous breaks every game from the work he does.

worldinmotion66

Double pivotal, I'd say.
Looks like you're right @ivaldo. Fred could play alongside Fred in the double pivot!

Adam-Utd

Scored again in the friendly today. Time to respect Pastor Fredinho

CloneMC16

Agree neither are true CDM's in the same way, neither is Pogs. I actually don't think Ole wants one. I think he's happy with McFred and most of the talk has been from fans and the media about needing one. Must admit, if you are Ole, you can see why. Generally the biggest games since he's been here against the top teams in the league and in Europe, they have rarely let him down. They might be limited but our record against Liverpool, City and Chelsea has been good with them in it. Winning the first 3 games in CL and getting to the final of the Europa, where they have pretty much played in all those games, can hardly be seen as their failure? Might be me.....
I think you're right. Ole does seem to be happy with both of them. He plays them in every big game. He's certainty not in a hurry to replace them like a lot of the fans are. If he was, it would have been a priority this summer. I feel like the only midfielder we've had any legit links to is Camvinga. He looks like another #8.

I am more a fan of Fred than McTominay, but I'm going to begin respecting them both a lot more. I complain about them starting in almost every match they start together, but we seem to win more often than not with them. We at least finished 2nd with them. Our failure to go further can't be only placed on both of their shoulders. We have 4 players ahead of them that are tasked with winning us games, and they didn't always manage to do it.

Fred is an excellent player. It always feels like he can have 8 good games to every 1 poor one but as soon as he slips or has some poor moments the usual detractors come out or meaningless generalisations such as "not winning a league with Fred" arise. He's been consistently good for a couple of years now! We have to get everything right to win a league, that's the truth of it, the evidence suggests Fred can play the part.

He's our perfect third man in midfield. He's not your purely defensive man, and it certainly helps if you have those with a killer pass alongside him. But in terms of short passing, harrying, intercepting, energy, his statistics are top level. It's absolutely key to Oles ideas surrounding quick, dynamic attacking play exploiting our forward types.

I feel a lot more confident when he's on the team sheet as I know we'll get a number of dangerous breaks every game from the work he does.
The main issue is when Fred makes mistakes, it usually results in us conceding. I think the same thing happens with Pogba. When either of them lose the ball in front of our box, the opposition tends to always punish us. They rarely get away with making a mistake.

Still, I think Fred has been decent enough over the past couple years. Many people say he can't pass, but the stats completely disagree with that. His stats show he is a better player than many of our fans say.

If he had an actual #6 behind him, I think he'd look even better. If he was tasked with doing the things he's very good at, and another player was tasked with sitting more and taking the ball off of the CB's, he'd get more respect.

Reactions: Sultan

villain

Hates Beyoncé
One of those games where I'm sure the stats will probably show that his passing percentage as above 80%, pass forward rate +30% etc. and when looked out without context at the end of the season will be forgotten about.

But he's just not good enough, you don't need stats to tell you.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Midfield cost us today and he was the chief culprit. Absolutely dire.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
First time playing in midfield today, again.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That pass out on the right wing in the first half said everything about him as a footballer.

His teammate was 15 yards away and he misses the pass by 5 yards, putting it out for a throw. He is a fecking putrid footballer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He didn't start the season in good form. Had a lot of bad moments today.
He should stick to the basics, I don't think it's worth it if he tries do many difficult things.

Status
Not open for further replies.