5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

Our fans hate Fred, so even if he does fine, he will still get criticised. Shaw, Maguire, McT, Pogba were all very bad and deserve criticism before Fred.
I doubt many United fans actually hate Fred, a lot simply don't rate him.

Fred gets shit on way more than any of our players and it isn't close. Especially over the wider internet. I think Fred was bad against Southampton and Wolves. I don't think his parters or the way the team set up in those games helped, but he was still bad. I think he was fine against Leeds, Young Boys, and today, but he still got shit from our fans against Young Boys and he will today as well.

I get tired of seeing 1/2 players get a lot of hate when they're not the main issue for poor performances.
Yeah probably and if shitting on players performances floats your boat then do it but do it in that players thread. My problem isn't people shitting on any particular player it's every other player getting shit on in defence of a particular player, in this case Fred. This thread is to discuss Fred's performances but half the time especially after a poor Fred performance Matic, Pogba or today McTominay are discussed almost as much. And by discussed I mean blamed and criticized, or as I put it shit on.

Litch

Fred good or not, doesnt pick himself. If people think he is the problem and replacing him changes that brand of football, they are deluded. Maybe some should use the negative energy where it is better placed.

Rajma

He was one of the better players yesterday for all his weaknesses, McT on the other hand spent majority of the time hiding from the ball.

Litch

He was one of the better players yesterday for all his weaknesses, McT on the other hand spent majority of the time hiding from the ball.
This is what is confusing, McT and Pogs by most people's admission were poor, Bruno offers very little defensively whilst trying to score. Who the hell is left holding the midfield together? Whether it's Fred or Matic, this system leaves anyone left exposed.

Last edited:

Rajma

This is what confusing, McT and Pogs by most people's admission were poor, Bruno offers very little defensively whilst trying to score. Who the hell is left holding the midfield together? Whether it's Fred or Matic, this system leaves anyone left exposed.
Very well put, Ronaldo and Greenwood don’t do much tracking either meaning that our back four and holding mid will always be under immense pressure once Shaw and AWB go up the pitch. After losing the ball our intention is not to get it back quickly while we have committed many men forward instead we jog around (bar Cavani and Fred) allowing them to play out and cut us apart without too much trouble. The calibre of players in midfield (I don’t count Pogba as one anymore) is missing (it’s mainly on Ole for going for Ronaldo instead of adding to the midfield) but the system making it even worse for anyone shielding our defense.

Litch

Very well put, Ronaldo and Greenwood don’t do much tracking either meaning that our back four and holding mid will always be under immense pressure once Shaw and AWB go up the pitch. After losing the ball our intention is not to get it back quickly while we have committed many men forward instead we jog around (bar Cavani and Fred) allowing them to play out and cut us apart without too much trouble. The calibre of players in midfield (I don’t count Pogba as one anymore) is missing (it’s mainly on Ole for going for Ronaldo instead of adding to the midfield) but the system making it even worse for anyone shielding our defense.
Whether it's Fred, Scott, Matic or Donny, the system leaves whoever is in there exposed. When do you see Liverpool, Chelsea or City midfield so isolated. Do people think Pogs and Bruno would be allowed free reign yet offer nothing going the other way?

GledTheRed

In the team to protect the back four and his consistent mis control and giving the ball away causes nothing pressure on the back four.

Might swell play Pogba CM, we know he's a liability but at least he can control and pass a ball.

Man Utd 2:1 Villarreal

redshaw

Fred did fantastic for the goal.

Please watch him at left back, he intercepts the ball and plays it forward, then follows up with a decent cross to help create the goal. His defending really set us away on the attack there.

Sylar

Fred did fantastic for the goal.

Please watch him at left back, he intercepts the ball and plays it forward, then follows up with a decent cross to help create the goal. His defending really set us away on the attack there.
Him and Cavani were great but yeah great cross by him, right to Ronaldo

Sylar

Yes, Fred, Cavani Lingard did great, I think Fred was very important in an unnatural position.
He's high energy, it's just a shame his passing isn't top level but regardless, happy his cross lead to a goal

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played really well tonight. Don't understand the complaints.

Jordan_mufc

Do people understand why he needs to play now. We got absolutely mauled in the 1st half and missed his energy.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Think McFred would have done a better job in that first half or Fred and Donny. We finally took some control of the middle when Pogba went off. It was too forced and open up to that point. We miss his energy and hustle and tempo when he doesn’t play.

jem

I’m not a fan at all, but given the choice between Fred playing with Bruno and Pogba or Mctominay in that role, I’d go with Fred every time.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
In the team to protect the back four and his consistent mis control and giving the ball away causes nothing pressure on the back four.

Might swell play Pogba CM, we know he's a liability but at least he can control and pass a ball.
This aged well in all of 3 days. You need more in midfield than being able to pass and control a ball if you’ve all the time in the world on it.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

I’m not a fan at all, but given the choice between Fred playing with Bruno and Pogba or Mctominay in that role, I’d go with Fred every time.
Same here. Anybody giving Fred a hard time needs to look at Scott as well.

For me Fred offers more for us even though he's technically limited.

I have never seen a top side crying out for a proper true DM as much as this United team.

jem

Same here. Anybody giving Fred a hard time needs to look at Scott as well.

For me Fred offers more for us even though he's technically limited.

I have never seen a top side crying out for a proper true DM as much as this United team.
It's the most glaring of glaring weaknesses. How the club has failed to address it I will never understand.

FatTails

I’d like to see him and Donny in midfield if we are sticking to a double pivot. He has some big weaknesses (passing) but I’m not convinced that McT’s passing is any better. As a destroyer, Fred is better. For creativity and movement, Donny might prove to be better than McT.

I don’t see what McTominay brings to the table other than being defensively more disciplined than Pogba, which is really not a high bar anyway.

MattofManchester

Essentially a man of two halves.
Usually has a diabolical 45 minutes, followed by one that is impressive, or vice versa.

Based Adnan

He costs us every week. Bullied TWICE by Demarai Gray of all people and too thick to make a tactical foul. Always manages to make a 50/50 a 20/80 against him as well.

There's no accountability for him though so he'll continue to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.