5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levenstein

Fred was not on the pitch tonight, but other players made horrible passes. De Gea saved Matic ass one time. Fred would’ve been roasted to pieces after that

He is not the problem.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It was all his fault guys!

all Pogba needs is a DM so he’ll be a more consistent, better midfielder. Matic plays twice as good as him. Pogba walks around losing everything

McT comes on and does nothing.

Feel bad for Fredo. He gets all the stick when in fact he’s running around trying to cover for his lazier teammates and play his own game.

abkmufc92

I thought he was the biggest problem with our midfield?

Our midfield is fecking non existent without him in the team.

czemuch

I thought he was the biggest problem with our midfield?

Our midfield is fecking non existent without him in the team.
Fred is our the best cm last years, i've laught a lot when i read here that Ole has picked today a great team, Pogba is moving like 45 yo, and Matic is gone after 30 mins

Bobski

So many focused on his flaws to avoid critiquing their favourites. Not been great this season but one man can't do the running for 6, defensive solidity is a team responsibility, and Ole has been putting out selections that make the defensive midfielders job an impossible task.

laughtersassassin

People will do well to remember we didn't win the last two games either and that was with McFred.

Basically it doesn't matter who we play!

czemuch

People will do well to remember we didn't win the last two games either and that was with McFred.

we've played one decent game this season vs Leeds, with both CMs in form and working their socks off

CloneMC16

Agreed, but that's the point. It doesn't matter who is played. We look awful and I really don't think the players are the problem.

I'm still extremely glad that Fred did not play a single minute in this game. If he started, it's almost a guarantee he would have been blamed for another terrible team performance. Our fans need to realise that replacing him is not going to change anything.

Litch

What no Fred? If he played, it would have been all on him and Harry and Shaw would have got 'let off the hook', despite being poor all season so far. But that does not fit the it's Fred's fault narrative, despite today's pairing was most people's preference still amounted to being outplayed by their midfield. Would any of the top teams swap what they have with Pogs or Matic either? Anyone reckon Villa, Leicester or Everton?

What I'm finding hilarious is if he hadn't played McFred as shite as they may be, we would probably have seen more of these results away from home. It's funny how 'all they do is run around' may actually allow those in front to have the freedom to take the plaudits scoring and assisting goals. The irony is that's part of our problem, if you don't play Fred, those very same 'better players' are gonna have to do their own running around. Now we have poor Matic and Pogs, Bruno is chasing goals and not doing his share of 'running around in midfield ....' Like said, oh the irony.

I hope we don't see Fred again for the rest of the season.....want to see who the new scapegoat will be, where your tin hat Harry? Wonder how long before people start talking about Pogs hair and dancing on social media, Shaw looking fat.......

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I know I’m late to the party but I just watched Brazil’s game against Uruguay and Fred was quite the revelation. His weighted pass to Neymar was simply joyous to watch. Fabinho provided solid cover. I feel us not having a dependable DM (a DM in the traditional sense and not a player who adapts to the role) is curtailing his progress and attacking output.

But then again we’ve got too many attack minded players who are not really willing to defend.

I think I may have written off Fred too easily without really taking into account the broader conundrum at hand.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We have been fantastic when Fred played this season, the midfield was fantastic and mainly Fred was.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Good performance, he just needs to be not played as a holding midfielder and with a competent midfield partner.

Would have been perfect if he'd finished one of those 2 chances he got in the first half.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Miles better, hope he’s not injured and he can kick on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was dreadful along with ever else in the first half. He just wasn't showing for the ball at all at times which was disappointing to see. Sightly better then McT but yeah the pair just wasn't working first half

Much much much better second half though, he was really up for it.

Oldtraffordboy

Very good today. Had to work extremely hard to compensate for a poor McT performance and Bruno playing up front in the first half.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Fred will be a breath of fresh air in a properly coached team. He was brilliant tonight and should have scored.
As long as he doesn’t play in a holding role, we are fine.

Devil may care

He had a couple of decent chances and I thought he did the best he could with them, not one of his shittier games.

UtdAgain08

Happy to see I wasn't the only one who thought Fred was great tonight. We need his energy in the middle of the pitch.

Banana Republic

In the first half, he had to run himself ragged yet again, having to cover for the absence of Greenwood, Bruno and Rashford, when Atalanta were building their forward play.
Saved a certain goal with that block and clearance, deep in our own box.
Only a couple of misplaced passes and was unlucky not to score one of his two chances.

KennyBurner

If he doesnt make the game on Sunday consider that a loss for us. If there is a God he will make it.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His best game in a while and miles better than McTominay, as usual really.

Status
Not open for further replies.