5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Big Fred fan but that was a shocker especially the first half. That said, the rest were equally dogshite

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
A huge part of the problem.
Don’t want to derail the thread, but Fred was awful, yes. However, our issue was a structural one.The way Matic played meant we were never going to be able to play through midfield because we didn’t have one. Fred was in there by himself.

MattofManchester

A massive part of our issues. If it's anything more than 5 yards, it becomes a flip of the coin whether he makes the pass or not.
Played like Pogba defensively, but without the offensive output.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Don’t want to derail the thread, but Fred was awful, yes. However, our issue was a structural one.The way Matic played meant we were never going to be able to play through midfield because we didn’t have one. Fred was in there by himself.
It is Matic' fault that Fred can't pass, it reads. Always making excuses for these players.

Litch

He didn't start the season in good form. Had a lot of bad moments today.
He should stick to the basics, I don't think it's worth it if he tries do many difficult things.
Agree. Always worry when Fred is suppose to be the progressive CM.....

Litch

Spot on.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Insulting another member
It is Matic' fault that Fred can't pass, it reads. Always making excuses for these players.
Not what I said. Stop imagining shite so you can trigger yourself into faux outrage. Idiot.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not what I said. Stop imagining shite so you can trigger yourself into faux outrage. Idiot.
It is literally what you said. Matic being a "structural problem" has nothing to do with Fred not being to pass to people next to him. Failing all passes which are forwards and could create something.

I guess he's your pastor, then I could understand it.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Shits himself way too often, and he's supposed to bring the ball forward under pressure. Always looks like he's on the brink of doing something stupid.

kthanksbye

Any stats on how many times he was dispossessed and misplaced passes in two games?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
It is literally what you said. Matic being a "structural problem" has nothing to do with Fred not being to pass to people next to him. Failing all passes which are forwards and could create something.

Jesus Christ. I said Fred was awful, but for me the bigger problem was how Matic played in midfield.

I did not say Fred played bad because of Matic.

championo

Top Stalker
Shits himself way too often, and he's supposed to bring the ball forward under pressure. Always looks like he's on the brink of doing something stupid.
There are podcast out there where players are opening saying that Fred is our weakest link. Opposition players are saying this mind you. They actually have a plan when he gets the ball. It is really sad.

Silas

Feel like he passes the ball straight out of play under zero pressure at least once a game.

slored1

When he is bad, he is BAD. Truly awful today, so many misplaced passes, the one in the first half where he underhit it to Pogba on the counter summed up his day.

Kag

It’s really something that he can play as horrifically as that and we still get worse when he comes off.

Played like a giant fecking idiot, but I guess he can run.

Because he's fried from having to be a one man midfield. It happens to whoever Matic plays with, every single time. Scott or Fred, they're always awful next to Matic, and great next to each other. Neither of them are the problem.

Fred is good at what he does. Pressing, harrying, being a nuisance and playing quick short passes. When Matic is playing, Fred has to be the complete midfielder and he's not ever going to be that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Garbage peformance. For some reason he keeps getting heralded as this fanatastic underrated footballer and I have no idea why. He has terrific energy levels and hassles/harries well but that's it. His passing his erratic. He has no composure whatsoever. He's puny. He can't attack.

The fact that we haven't signed a CM since Fred is mind boggling.

amolbhatia50k

Because he's fried from having to be a one man midfield. It happens to whoever Matic plays with, every single time. Scott or Fred, they're always awful next to Matic, and great next to each other. Neither of them are the problem.

Fred is good at what he does. Pressing, harrying, being a nuisance and playing quick short passes. When Matic is playing, Fred has to be the complete midfielder and he's not ever going to be that.
Of course they are. You don't win the league with those two as your main CMs. Heck, it's bloody hard to see truly challenging with that being the case.

Pearl.Jam

Complete bobbins as per usual and yet many on here rate him highly, the mind boggles, it really does.

amolbhatia50k

Sometimes it feels like the ball is his enemy. Same with AWB

Sylar

The issue I have with Fred is when he decides to be something hes not. Why is he getting the ball and instead of passing it to the better players, hes trying to 'create'. I could understand if Bruno has an off game trying to create, but you know hes doing it cos he can.. But when Fred has the ball and is trying some chip over the top to ut our players through, its annoying

The worst thing about today is how bad he was at what hes meant to be good at. That moment where he was left for dead on our left wing in the second half, was shocking. He was skinned, then beaten and left on the ground.
And then what he was doing for their goal. You cant just half heartedly stick your leg out and hope for the best. You have to anticipate this, get closer and block it completely.

He might not work with Matic next to him, but that doesnt excuse him performing the simple things so badly.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Compare his performance with Bissouma yesterday, my head is getting hot just thinking about it. :lol:

Lights Out

As bad as he’s ever been, and that’s saying something. Doesn’t track runners, can’t tackle and can’t even make a simple 5 yard pass.

Absolutely zero chance of us mounting a challenging for the title if he’s paired with Matic on a regular basis.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t understand what people see in him.

PoTMS

How does this guy not only play but start for both Manchester United and Brazil? Either I'm missing something here or both those teams are pretty poor at the moment.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We were much worse when he came off. The game completely turned. He was shite but he’s still our most important midfielder when it comes to setting a tempo and winning the midfield battle, one way or another. Can or should we upgrade on him? Go for it by all means but Matic should be first on the chopping block. Nothing performance after nothing performance. At least Fred stands up to be counted, good and bad. Matic is invisible and has been for years now.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Yeah not happy with that performance. Some of those passes would have been crucified in championship.

I backed fred the past few seasons because his work rate has been phenomenal and did the gritty work, but today showed we cant rely on this midfield setup

villain

Hates Beyoncé
How does this guy not only play by start for both Manchester United and Brazil? Either I'm missing something here or both those teams are really poor at the moment.
People have convinced themselves that working hard, running a lot & having passion is all that's required of a CM at this level.

We were much worse when he came off. The game completely turned. He was shite but he’s still our most important midfielder when it comes to setting a tempo and winning the midfield battle, one way or another. Can or should we upgrade on him? Go for it by all means but Matic should be first on the chopping block. Nothing performance after nothing performance. At least Fred stands up to be counted, good and bad.
Matic absolutely should be the first on the chopping block, that still doesn't mean Fred is good enough to be in the starting XI of a title contending side.
Two things can be true at once.

Ali Dia

People have convinced themselves that working hard, running a lot & having passion is all that's required of a CM at this level.

Matic absolutely should be the first on the chopping block, that still doesn't mean Fred is good enough to be in the starting XI of a title contending side.
Two things can be true at once.
Ok cool but then imagine Rice and Matic in midfield there today. How would it have been any better? Another 60 million and still not winning the midfield battle. Things didn’t improve when Pogba went back either in fact it got worse

SAFMUTD

Awful game from him, but for some reason he was paired with Matic who went on to play more as a third CB rather than a midfielder which left him all alone.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Ok cool but then imagine Rice and Matic in midfield there today. How would it have been any better? Another 60 million and still not winning the midfield battle
Not sure why you keep talking about Matic in a Fred thread, and I don't particularly want Rice for his price tag either.
Fred is good enough to be a squad player, but he shouldn't be our starting CM it's that simple.

Ali Dia

I’m not going all in defending Fred today. He was shite but please ole for the love of god stop playing him with Matic. All the space Matic vacates leaves him way too much to do and he nearly always looks terrible. With McT at least they’ve some kind of synergy and they dominate their opposite numbers. With Matic we take ten steps back and let them play.

Bwuk

He’s rotten. I’m fed up watching him. There’s constant mistakes that people forget about because he runs about a lot.

A competition winner at this level.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ok cool but then imagine Rice and Matic in midfield there today. How would it have been any better? Another 60 million and still not winning the midfield battle. Things didn’t improve when Pogba went back either in fact it got worse
Rice is a much better player than Fred. He keeps the ball better, has better range and doesn’t let players go past him as easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.