5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_toad

with Lindelof you know what you will get. With Bailly you never know what is going to happen. He could be brilliant and disastrous all in the same move. Lindelof has been the most reliable CB available now.
Yep an invisible player. Avoids criticism as he appears to never be actually marking anyone. First goal his tracking back was shameful for a defender.

Foxbatt

He is not good enough but he was hung out to dry by his manager. No way even Kante was going to stop the Liverpool midfield because our forwards do not press and a two man midfield was always going to be over run.

RepardReece

3/4 of you here aggressively reacted to my post on a video of all Fred's errors in one game the other week. He's dire, and you jumping to his defence is absolute shambles.

What on earth is it you see in him? How can you even watch a player make that many mistakes and still defend him?

Look, Ole is 100% to blame for what's going on right now but this McFred duo is certainly not helping. There is two of them playing a position one player plays in any other team.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Disregarding his individual qualities and what he can/cannot do, what are fred and scott supposed to do against 3 midfielders and overlapping fullbacks?

Its 2 vs 5 most times

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
3 goals and 1 assist in his whole United Career so attacking wise he is a non entity
I despair that he is a starter at a club like United

Kostov

I know it's a systematic problem but I've just rewatched the first 3 goal, and one thing that stood out is that he didn't even try, something that I have never seen from him to be honest. It was like he didn't even fancy trying yesterday.

acnumber9

Disregarding his individual qualities and what he can/cannot do, what are fred and scott supposed to do against 3 midfielders and overlapping fullbacks?

Its 2 vs 5 most times
At the very least I would like him to not watch a midfielder run past him into the box unchallenged in the first five minutes of the match. I would like him to actually notice players runs rather than only ever seeing the ball. If you’re getting picked for work rate then use it to the teams advantage.

Foxbatt

The more you see our game the more I feel sorry for him. There is no way even Kante would do much better in this team.

sp_107

Matic / McTominay/Fred/Mata /Pogba should leave or sold and we need to buy 2 good CMs with Hannibal as suad option

Tottenham 0:3 Man Utd

Vaibhav Raj

Had a decent attempt at goal in the first half and a few decent first time short passes in tight spaces. Poor quality output when he offered himself for one-twos (somehow manages to flick the ball in the air every time) and the ball got caught too often under his feet when he was trying to defend/win the ball back. He looked like he was trying to channel his inner Pogba trying to shield the ball with his body except Pogba can do that because he is strong. He looks and moves like a nifty little players who'd excel in tight spaces but he messes up. Also it was too easy for opposition players to beat Fred today on left hand side of the pitch. In a game where a lot of players ranged from okay to good, Fred stood out as the only one who was possibly bad.

czemuch

Had a decent attempt at goal in the first half and a few decent first time short passes in tight spaces. Poor quality output when he offered himself for one-twos (somehow manages to flick the ball in the air every time) and the ball got caught too often under his feet when he was trying to defend/win the ball back. He looked like he was trying to channel his inner Pogba trying to shield the ball with his body except Pogba can do that because he is strong. He looks and moves like a nifty little players who'd excel in tight spaces but he messes up. Also it was too easy for opposition players to beat Fred today on left hand side of the pitch. In a game where a lot of players ranged from okay to good, Fred stood out as the only one who was possibly bad.
yep fred was bad/average today, but u still can't replace his pressing and energy in midfield, Pogba and Matic legs are gone, and even Pogba with legs is a no 10 player, and i doubt mct offers more, until we buy new players im afraid fred has to play

Reddevildans

Such a poor player. Frequently gets knocked off the ball and gives away possession in dangerous areas. Weak. A new manager will hopefully discard of him asap.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was pretty bad.

Can't see any reason why VdB couldn't get a chance instead of him, especially in this formation

macko12345

How poor he needs to be finally dropped on the bench. Such a poor poor player.
I'm struggling to recognize a single quality he possesses. He loses the ball several times per game and still gets to start every single one.
Just unbeleveable.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If we're playing him so high, I'd prefer both Pogba or Donny over him.

But even on yellow card and tired, he is untouchable under Ole.

kundalini

Super shot from distance in the first half that required a good save from Lloris. Got dispossessed too often. Ok overall.

kiristao

Pretty poor today. Lost the ball way too many times and surprisingly lost quite a few 50-50 challenges as well.
In a 4-4-2 his energy and willingness to run all over and cover for others is very useful. In a 5-2-1-2 (or whatever else you want to call today's formation), I would prefer someone who can actually help bring the ball out and help in the attack. A Pogba-Matic midfield is perfectly suited for todays formation.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Fred started okay and then got worse. His hustle and bustle is an asset in a counter attacking setup. However, you could find lots of players to replicate what he does and none will cost you £47m. He's our Lucas Leiva.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Never see what the caf sees in him. Such a limited player. He runs and….. that’s it. The sooner we find a proper DM to play alongside McTominay, the better.

NZT-One

Didn't have a great game today. Don't know why he attempted more than once to outmuscle another player... But who knows, McTom did the same thing unsuccessfully. I agree, playing this sort of 3-5-2 loudly asks for Donny to be played. On the other side, it could get the best out of Fred as he is allowed to play his natural game more (harrass the opponent instead of sitting deep).
I thought, he played more next to Bruno a little in front of McTom today.

The United

Didn't have a great game today. Don't know why he attempted more than once to outmuscle another player... But who knows, McTom did the same thing unsuccessfully. I agree, playing this sort of 3-5-2 loudly asks for Donny to be played. On the other side, it could get the best out of Fred as he is allowed to play his natural game more (harrass the opponent instead of sitting deep).
I thought, he played more next to Bruno a little in front of McTom today.
You are right. I believe the formation was 3 3 2 2 with Burno coming inside often.

I think we can put Donnie or Sancho or Pogba in these formation in rotation in place of Fred.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Poor from Fred. Something which we are so used to hear during a game. Tremendous energy but not really an intelligent player.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought he was decent today, but maybe it's because he wasn't quite as bad as usual which has clouded my judgement.

He is slow as feck though. Just an extra bit of pace would make him incredibly more effective.

Litch

I spend most of my time in this thread defending him from unfair criticism but I’ve got nothing today. Just a poor performance. Losing battles all over the pitch.

One and only positive was that decent shot.
Same. Thought he was really poor especially the second half......

CloneMC16

He did lose too many 50/50's today. I thought he was going to end up getting sent off. One more foul and he was highly likely off. I'm surprised that he didn't get subbed for Matic.

Guapa

Just not the required standard for Utd.Needs to be replaced.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
If we're playing him so high, I'd prefer both Pogba or Donny over him.

But even on yellow card and tired, he is untouchable under Ole.
Didn't we use all our subs? Cavani had to come off because of cramp.

CloneMC16

Didn't we use all our subs? Cavani had to come off because of cramp.
Yeah, we did. Fred got a yellow card, and three minutes later Bruno was subbed for Matic. Then Cavani had to come off for Lingard. If Cavani didn't get injured, Fred would have likely been subbed.

Donny is not playing under Ole, so discussing it is kind of pointless. Pogba is suspended. The only other combination Ole would have used is to play Matic instead of Fred.

Litch

Yeah, we did. Fred got a yellow card, and three minutes later Bruno was subbed for Matic. Then Cavani had to come off for Lingard. If Cavani didn't get injured, Fred would have likely been subbed.

Donny is not playing under Ole, so discussing it is kind of pointless. Pogba is suspended. The only other combination Ole would have used is to play Matic instead of Fred.
Ole likes Fred and Scott, anything else is irrelevant. Donny is absolutely done cause he could have easily when he took Bruno off, played him in that position.

Andersons Dietician

Shaking my head wondering what game people were watching. He was really good today. It just seems the CAF only watch what people do on the ball and not what happens off the ball or how good he was today with his positioning and movement. Had moments of good interchanges with people and working the ball around. I’m sure there are better ball players more willing to try and go through the middle for sure but can they provide the cover he did.

People say it’s easy to find someone who can run about but it really isn’t. Not at that intensity. he for sure looked better given a bit more freedom and less to cover playing in the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.