5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

After the initial really bad start, yes he was.
let’s not push it. He was good but not superb. A decent shift tonight. Very high work rate as usual, contributed both offensively and defensively. He just needs to improve some decision making in terms of when and how to pass as well as avoid a risky tackle. But I think he is an important player for the team and can surely improve with proper coaching.

he gets lots of unnecessary stick and isn’t given recognition when due. Was talking to someone about our first goal and he was praising sancho for the pass (which i agree was good) and bruno for the finish. He just totally ignored the man who gave the assist. You see this unfortunately…

lex talionis

Mixed bag today. Some good, some bad and some ugly. But he contributed to two of our three goals so let’s be kind to him.

Ted Lasso

Was great to see him using his energy and tenacity further up the pitch. If today was anything to go by, the high press football with Ragnick's going to suit Fred well.

RedCurry

Carrick got Fred playing much higher up in our attack. It really did bring the best version of Fred that I’ve seen. I really hope to see Rangnick continue this. There’s a very talented and determined player somewhere in there.

DarkXaero

let’s not push it. He was good but not superb. A decent shift tonight. Very high work rate as usual, contributed both offensively and defensively. He just needs to improve some decision making in terms of when and how to pass as well as avoid a risky tackle. But I think he is an important player for the team and can surely improve with proper coaching.

he gets lots of unnecessary stick and isn’t given recognition when due. Was talking to someone about our first goal and he was praising sancho for the pass (which i agree was good) and bruno for the finish. He just totally ignored the man who gave the assist. You see this unfortunately…
If we isolate his bad start to the match, then he did everything we could ask of him. His pressing created most of our best openings, he had one assist and he won the penalty for the game winner, then had a potential game saving block at the other end. That to me is superb play.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Carrick got Fred playing much higher up in our attack. It really did bring the best version of Fred that I’ve seen. I really hope to see Rangnick continue this. There’s a very talented and determined player somewhere in there.
Probably the most notable difference from Carrick compared to Ole was this, and I'm glad he did it. Fred always plays I'm more of this role for Brazil, yet Ole had him sitting deep. Just not his game. I expect Rangnick will keep Fred here as he is genuinely class playing as a true box to box. Need the DM next to him.

RedCurry

Probably the most notable difference from Carrick compared to Ole was this, and I'm glad he did it. Fred always plays I'm more of this role for Brazil, yet Ole had him sitting deep. Just not his game. I expect Rangnick will keep Fred here as he is genuinely class playing as a true box to box. Need the DM next to him.
Fred arriving late into the box like Lampard in his prime was not something I was expecting to ever see. But I’ll take that as a very pleasant surprise. Throughout the game I watched him make that run into the box just waiting for that little pass or the cutback.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The first half was hilarious, despite the impressive assist. Much better in the 2nd half.
Long term it's not good enough for our CM to take this long to get going.

Ronnie O'Sullivan

If we isolate his bad start to the match, then he did everything we could ask of him. His pressing created most of our best openings, he had one assist and he won the penalty for the game winner, then had a potential game saving block at the other end. That to me is superb play.
Yea he was like a 3/10 in the first half then a 8/10 in the second.

Kostov

After the initial really bad start, yes he was.
You can't play one half like that, and be superb. And since I feel you are reasonable enough I would like you to elaborate, what did he do that would make that performance superb? I mean yes, we all saw that assist, but it was probably the only good thing he did the entire half, in a pool of howlers that you wouldn't expect from a Championship player. He also along with McT were the most at fault for the second Arsenal goal, and generally was his typical defensive display, with zero defensive instinct, people running behind him, through him . McT did even more defensive work yet he is criticized and in my opinion rightly so while you describe Fred as superb? I know an assist should count in his favor but he was truly truly awful at times, and it's nothing new with him.

Ekeke

Fred is an example of a player with 10/10 work ethic and 1/10 concentration

He's all action, regardless of whether he plays well or poorly overall he gets on the ball quite a lot, he runs a lot and tries to confront opposition players with the ball with middling success at best. But he'll mess up a simple pass, have a bad touch 30 yards from his own goal while being pressed, give away a freekick in a poor area etc. He's a huge frustration because he can obviously do better than those poor touches and passes. But they just happen and regularly for a player who doesn't take many chances. Its usually the "safe" and basic things where he will cock up eventually, rather than trying defence splitting passes and giving the ball away too much, or taking on too many players in an attacking position. And so with all the mistakes he's consistently inconsistent, trying hard and doing quite well until yet another poor mistake ruins the performance overall.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Never really perfect throughout the whole game but to me absolutely shits on Herrera.

Always have and always will.

Nordmore

Comical for the De Gea accident. Good run and pass for the first goal. Gave away some dangerous freekicks too. But earned a penalty

The further he was from our goal the better he played
That could be said basically about any of our players imho...

I like Fred, a hard working mid with lot of energy and always works his socks off. But if we want to be a true top team we surely need an upgrade. Unless Rangnick could do some miracle with his first touch, passing and positional awareness.

BarstoolProphet

Such a weird player. He struggle to do some simple basics right, like passing and shooting with the O button instead of the square one. There was a sequence in the first half where he misplaced an easy pass four times in about 30 seconds. Then suddenly he turns into a pressing machine causing the opponents to make mistakes.

Hopefully RR can coach him away from shooting and trying to switch play and instead teach him some basic passing lessons. If so, then he will probably be one of his favourites. He already seem like one of the most liked players inside the dressing room.

Foxbatt

Just remember that he is a one man midfield. McTominay hides most of the time and then Fred has to do a lot on his own. If someone can calm him down a bit he may become a lot better. I actually do not blame him for the first goal. It could have happened to anyone in that situation. But he had a horrible first quarter.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This only happened this season, last year we had tried this (for example first game vs Arsenal) and Fred was totally ineffective in that role, then we always played two B2B McFred duo.
This season I certainly saw a change like we wanted one to sit and the other one to be more attacking. Which is a disaster because neither of them is any good at shielding back 4.

Kostov

Just remember that he is a one man midfield. McTominay hides most of the time and then Fred has to do a lot on his own. If someone can calm him down a bit he may become a lot better. I actually do not blame him for the first goal. It could have happened to anyone in that situation. But he had a horrible first quarter.
This shit is getting annoying and it's hypocrisy of the highest order. What did McT actually do or did not do for Fred to look like a Sunday league player for about 40+ minutes yesterday? Can you please enlighten us?

In the same time I pretty much remember actually McT holding that midfield together when Fred played like a drunk in the first half, doing some important defensive contribution.

stevoc

I honestly don't know if I can remember another player who misjudges passes towards him and the balls ends up rolling a few feet past him so much. Between that and his wayward shooting and passing I've been wondering could he have really poor eyesight?

I have seen pictures of him wearing glasses.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Fred is an example of a player with 10/10 work ethic and 1/10 concentration

He's all action, regardless of whether he plays well or poorly overall he gets on the ball quite a lot, he runs a lot and tries to confront opposition players with the ball with middling success at best. But he'll mess up a simple pass, have a bad touch 30 yards from his own goal while being pressed, give away a freekick in a poor area etc. He's a huge frustration because he can obviously do better than those poor touches and passes. But they just happen and regularly for a player who doesn't take many chances. Its usually the "safe" and basic things where he will cock up eventually, rather than trying defence splitting passes and giving the ball away too much, or taking on too many players in an attacking position. And so with all the mistakes he's consistently inconsistent, trying hard and doing quite well until yet another poor mistake ruins the performance overall.
I came to this thread to type the same thing pretty much.

If he concentrated, and gave himself an extra millisecond in his head, he'd be hands down such a class player. I thought he had a good game last night, and he's looked so much better with his all action style higher up the pitch. He reminds me of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons.

Devil may care

The first half was hilarious, despite the impressive assist. Much better in the 2nd half.
Long term it's not good enough for our CM to take this long to get going.
Agreed, he's so careless on the ball and scattershot positionally but he pressed well and made good runs into the box that led to 2 goals, his assist for Bruno was quality. Long term he's a squad player.

Gottabekiddingme

People say Kante, but I think Playing like Casemiro is more suitable for him. Kante is much better on the ball than both. Problem is Casemiro is heads above him in game IQ and physicality. And Casemiro is playing alongside Modric and Kroos... and Fred plays alongside Mcbackpass.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I thought it was a really up and down game, he did some laughably bad things, but the 2 times he broke the lines and got forward, it resulted in goals, we're crying out for that runner from deep.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Fridge is not and has never been a defensive midfield player. We should be lining up with 3 midfielders and he should be as a LCM, that's where he will excel.

bugmat

Yes if you watch FlashScore it looks like that, in reality, he was horrendous for the first 40 minutes. Shambolic touches, passes and defensive play, people running besides him like he is a ghost, but yeah he did a good block, a 2m of pass and got fouled. MoTM by all accounts :lol:
Hew also lead in interceptions, tackles and balls into the opposition box. Hater much?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm not sure but doesn't he have like 3 assists in 3 matches?

I think he has been involved in 4 goals in 3 games.

Kostov

Hew also lead in interceptions, tackles and balls into the opposition box. Hater much?
I am pretty sure McT lead in tackles like 6 to 1, but I guess you missed that. Fred also led in lost ball thanks to bad control, but I guess you also missed that. Grow up.

Redlyn

He is good in patches but just not consistent enough and a bit lacking on the ball. He'd make an excellent squad player (3rd choice mid) but ideally we need upgrade both our starting mids. We are too far away from the standard we set in our heydays with our two previous no 16s.

bugmat

I am pretty sure McT lead in tackles like 6 to 1, but I guess you missed that. Fred also led in lost ball thanks to bad control, but I guess you also missed that. Grow up.
You argue like a 2 year old who has had their candy taken away. Haters gonna hate. Player gonna play.

Here are some real stats:

Fred vs Chelsea: https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...rilliant-display-for-man-utd-against-chelsea/
Fred vs Arsenal: https://tribuna.com/en/news/manutd-...-outing-vs-arsenal-summed-up-in-11-key-stats/

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pretty much, but that means that there is no place for Bruno in the side.
Bruno can happily play the RCM role and he does that for Portugal.

What we need is a better defensive midfielder than Mctominay.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t understand why you’ll do everything you can to pretend that McTominay is better than Fred. It’s so clear that McTominay is the biggest weakness in this whole team.

Status
Not open for further replies.