5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

i cannot believe he scored a goal with his right foot....he must have closed his eyes and just swung his boot when Mason put it on a plate for him :eek:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Found it funny that Dalot, in the post-match, said that everyone likes Fred because he is an 'underdog'.

Big fan of Fred, really hope we eventually get to see him line up in an actual midfield one day.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His first half mean shot with his golden left foot was destined to top corner, before Tomkins' face got in the way.

city-puma

It’s not difficult to see why Fred is liked by so many. Our team needs more players like him.

Ekeke

Because crediting Fred for forward passes now, is like crediting Metallica for making heavy music in 2021.

His passing into the final 3rd has always been good and he's always been very quick in transitions, decent touch, decent on both feet, etc. There's plenty written about it with stats to back it up. He's by far our best CM.
No it hasnt. Once again an inability to give him credit for improvement. This is one of the most requested improvements, and shock, horror, nobody is asking him to improve on that match. Because he did it.

These disingenuous posts actually have nothing to do with Fred, and are all about the ego of the posters.

ExoduS

If McT was not so bad and Matic was not so old I'd actually vote to sell Fred and get some great value for him based on recent performances. Considering how rest of our central and defensive midfielders are unreliable Fred all of a sudden looks like a complete stud out there. I mean, what we saw in past 4 games was expected average from him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have been one of Fred's biggest critics on the CAF, you can't really argue with what he's been doing lately though.

Others have said it but Fred could be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the Rangnick style. He will have to sharpen up his long passing & switches of play. But with the way Rangnick coaches decision making and positioning, we may see the best Fred yet this season.

CloneMC16

Nothing pleases me more with this team than to see Fred excelling. 4 games in a row he has had a really great shout for MoTM. I love this guy and I hope more of our fanbase really start to appreciate what he brings to this team.

pseudo_canadian

Incredible today. His only error was an ugly horizontal pass in our own half that Palace countered on. Other than that he was great, and the technique on his goal was class.

Cleary going to be an important player under Ragnick.

Abraxas

He's putting in some proper box to box displays at the moment. There's a thin line between epic and headless chicken with Fred and he's on the right side of that equation at the moment.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It will be great to see the Fred haters trying to navigate their posts over the next few months to make it seem like they were right about him being terrible before.

He has always had some fantastic qualities, and now, under the right coach, he will make a lot of people eat their words about him.

Well in Fred :devil:

jamesjimmybyrondean

He's shooting from outside the box has been terrible but I remember watching his highlights from Shaktar and it seemed like one of his better qualities actually

Vaibhav Raj

Good performance and has been doing well lately in terms of joining the attack But my heart leaps into my mouth every time he attempts those cross field passes from left to right. He is still wayward with those (reminds me of Ander Herrera in that regard) and his overall passing game, when playing near the halfway line, needs to improve still.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Finally playing his Brazilian CM role and it's starting to show the difference.

Nowhere near as good as Kante but it's good that we have our version in the squad.

GueRed

Happy for Fred.

Gets way too much stick.

People without any bias' or agendas will agree thus far he has been one of our better and consistent peformers this season.

Remember the geese

Finally playing his Brazilian CM role and it's starting to show the difference.

Nowhere near as good as Kante but it's good that we have our version in the squad.
I think he is better than Kante and have done for a very long time. Perhaps not as physically strong as him, but he's a much better footballer and is more ambitious and technical in his play, despite it not always coming off.

captaincantona

Just my opinion mate. I've always considered Kante a limited player. A necessary cog in a well oiled machine. Good at what he does? Sure, but merely functional, rather than his media inflated reputation as the 'second coming of Roy Keane' he is portrayed as being.
Each to their own man but Kante is one of those players...very high level for years and not much debate around him...he is easily one of the best in the world at doing what he does...not usually a debate. I’m not get into belittling Fred. He is doing great of late...onward and upward.

Remember the geese

Each to their own man but Kante is one of those players...very high level for years and not much debate around him...he is easily one of the best in the world at doing what he does...not usually a debate. I’m not get into belittling Fred. He is doing great of late...onward and upward.
Yeah, no problem with any of that pal :)

romufc

Enter Amadou Haidara. :devil:
This would be a very functional midfield. To play a pressing game, the midfield has to be a real workhorse. We can rotate the front 4, which allows for us to stay fresh.

El Jefe

Maybe its just me but I still see the same problems with Fred in our midfield. He had a good game yesterday but he still gets far too many touches of the ball for a CM that isn't a good passer of the ball. 83% in a game where we were hardly pressed is quite poor IMO.

It's been established that you'd want him further away from our box to press high which is what he's really good at but he still lacks the necessary skills needed to operate closer to the opposition box despite his goal yesterday.

He's had a good run lately but I still don't see a midfielder that's good enough to start for us. Both him and McT need to be replaced in the summer. I have no problems with his being a squad player.

KennyBurner

Very few of us have stuck by Fred the past 4 seasons. Glad to know I was one of them and will be expecting my cookie in the mail.

Overcame the stupid Mcfred stigma.

lex talionis

If you check out the interview in MUTV, Fred himself was tickled pink he scored with his right foot.

What if this really is the beginning of great things for Fred? Bonkers if so, as his critics have been soot in the last three seasons. But here we are now…long live King Fred!

Status
Not open for further replies.