5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmat

I notice how scarce the Fred haters are. Just waiting for him to make a single error to jump back on the keyboard no doubt...

Kostov

I notice how scarce the Fred haters are. Just waiting for him to make a single error to jump back on the keyboard no doubt...
How big of a hypocrite can one be to write shit like this post? Hater? So Fred plays a top top game, MoTM, which most of us "haters" have no problem of giving him credit, and now the previous bad games do not exist, and some sorry ass like you thinks see how right I was, I will call everyone who did not think like me a hater?

Don't go back in you cave the next time Fred has a bad game, I am sure someone of the same ilk like you will remember this post.

Ekeke

How big of a hypocrite can one be to write shit like this post? Hater? So Fred plays a top top game, MoTM, which most of us "haters" have no problem of giving him credit, and now the previous bad games do not exist, and some sorry ass like you thinks see how right I was, I will call everyone who did not think like me a hater?

Don't go back in you cave the next time Fred has a bad game, I am sure someone of the same ilk like you will remember this post.
The fanboy posters dont actually care about how well a player does. They want to say he's good, when he plays crap, so that 4 years later when he has a game where he plays well and does the things people have wanted from him for years, that they can say "I liked him when he was shit, I was right".

Its a bit sad because no doubt Fred has worked hard to improve and because of their egos, they cant give him credit for improvement. He's always been perfect so he can never improve.

romufc

I mean, a player is playing badly for number of months, United fans who have seen Keane, Carrick, Scholes in the midfield start calling the player out on performances = Hate.

Most people will give Fred the plaudits for good performances, but calling his bad one does not equal hate.

It just means we want to see consistency, to the levels we expect, not 5 good games 15 average games.

I remember last season, Fred cost us important goals.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Most people will give Fred the plaudits for good performances, but calling his bad one does not equal hate.
A lot of people do go significantly overboard though, and that is what is bordering on 'hate'.

Fair criticism is fine. His form has been quite inconsistent ever since January, and he had a particularly bad period for the last month of last season and the first few weeks of this season. But a lot of people go on as if that very bad period is how he normally plays, that he is a terrible passer, does nothing but short sideways and backwards passing, terrible defensively, completely one-footed, etc. All things that are quite blatantly going overboard and it does require the poster being quite biased against Fred to feel that way.

Of course there are a few that go overboard the opposite way and seem to think he's always been great, and they are just as bad.

Jackal981

Yeah, no problem with any of that pal :)
If you mean his fifa card now he is better and more expensive than Kante :D. Anyhow back to the topic as I said before he would flourish under a manager who know how to use him properly. Just need to partner him with a proper midfielder and we are set

GL21

Yea pretty rank 'told ye so' statement. Fred has not become a midfield maestro over night. In my opinion he is still absolutely no where near the player that should be lifting a couple hundred k per week for united. If I was to sum up his performances as a whole for this season I'd have to say very much below average...Just like his utd career. In fact I'm shocked so many actually think so much of him but each to their own. Delighted to see the performances lifted the last 4 games but even to get on the Kante statements are laughable. But hey I hope he keeps it up. If he reverts to playing to both sides as he normally does I'll definitely not be happy or gloating

lex talionis

Fred was masterful against Crystal Palace, but there's no denying that he's been poor more often than not over the last 18 months. But let us all hope he's turned over a new leaf and can rightly be referred to as Fredinho now.

Foxbatt

people will do it. People now talk about Carrick being the best midfield player we had. I also remember how horrible he was in one season. Horrible. That match against Bayern where Rafa was sent off? We actually lost the tie because Carrick could not stop his man from scoring.
I am not saying that Fred is as good as him. But he is not a bad player when he is used properly. Do we need an upgrade on him? Yes if we get someone like Kante but Fred is not the biggest issue in midfield. It is a quality DM.

lex talionis

I was on a forum in 2007 that’s long gone now but Carrick took some massive heat in that first season. But he always looked class, even when he struggled. Fred never looks class, but he brings a knife to the fight on the pitch. The sweet kiss of the ball to score the match winner hopefully becomes the beginning of great things to come from him.

Mr PG

main thing people forget is Fred was never the problem at United and McFred tag was non-sensical stupidity scapegoating of a player. He's no Andrea Pirlo but there's a reason every Manager played Fred in all the big games. There's no alternative and 2 of our biggest losses (vs Leicester and Watford ) he wasn't there and I'm quite certain we wouldn't have lost that much if he played.

There's a reason every liverpool, City, Chelsea player including Academy graduates shine in the team.....coaching. Dynamic pressing and movement creates space and pressing in packs keeps opponents off balance

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He has like 4 assists or goals in 3 matches isn't it?

I just think we will see this now he is playing further up the pitch.

bugmat

The only sorry ass in here is you buddy. Check my post history - plenty times I've defended Fred from dimwits like yourself who see a player out of position, overused, and under poor tactical management and glibly say he is absolute shite and not United quality (the same kind of sentiments that used to be flung at players like Carrick, Fletcher etc in their day - i was there). Have a word with yourself as you try to rewrite history from your troll cave.

AR87

The entire conversation around Fred is so stupid. He's a good player, not a great one, who has been played out of position in a system ill-suited to his skillset. For that he's become a meme despite always being one of the few United players who can claim they never let the idiocy at the club impact their effort and endeavor.

Should he be a starting XI player for Manchester United when they're at the top? Maybe not, but when we're still scrapping to the summit I'll always take a player like Fred.

bugmat

Fred was masterful against Crystal Palace, but there's no denying that he's been poor more often than not over the last 18 months. But let us all hope he's turned over a new leaf and can rightly be referred to as Fredinho now.
But he has not. His form only began to wain earlier this calendar year - that's not even 12 months (which would bring us to Dec 2020). Every time people talk about Fred's form they add another 3 months to it. He was instrumental in our successes under Ole and has been overplayed the last 2 years (plus Cop America). People have short memories and even shorter tempers when it comes to certain players.

All these are from 2019-2020:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fred-m...he-season-berbatov/12pznbgali5wh1c7eayxulyj8l

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...show-freds-importance-to-man-utd-this-season/

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/fred-named-man-utd-player-of-the-month-for-january-2020

The problem has always been that Fred has never been played in the position he gained admirers for at Shaktar (and presumably was how Pep would've used him). Instead we tried to convert him into a deep-lying playmaker/DM. His inconsistency especially since beeing overplayed the past 8-9 months is due to him being played out of position.

https://www.90min.com/posts/fred-midfield-anchor-man-utd-opinion

bugmat

The entire conversation around Fred is so stupid. He's a good player, not a great one, who has been played out of position in a system ill-suited to his skillset. For that he's become a meme despite always being one of the few United players who can claim they never let the idiocy at the club impact their effort and endeavor.

Should he be a starting XI player for Manchester United when they're at the top? Maybe not, but when we're still scrapping to the summit I'll always take a player like Fred.
Exactly - the venom & bile directed at him by some of the "fans' here is sickening. He's no Keane or Scholes, but given where we are we should be glad we have players like him. In time he can be upgraded on of course, but he gives 100% despite being played in a position he's not played in most of his career. Other players in our team would be constantly sulking and not putting in half the effort if they were in the same position.

bugmat

A lot of people do go significantly overboard though, and that is what is bordering on 'hate'.

Fair criticism is fine. His form has been quite inconsistent ever since January, and he had a particularly bad period for the last month of last season and the first few weeks of this season. But a lot of people go on as if that very bad period is how he normally plays, that he is a terrible passer, does nothing but short sideways and backwards passing, terrible defensively, completely one-footed, etc. All things that are quite blatantly going overboard and it does require the poster being quite biased against Fred to feel that way.

Of course there are a few that go overboard the opposite way and seem to think he's always been great, and they are just as bad.
Thank you - people claiming he's been poor for 18 straight months :houllier:- he's been inconsistent for maybe half of this calendar year at most and it's clearly tied to being overused at club (and playing through the summer ) because Ole refused to rotate from his preferred 11, while still never in his best position (because Ole wanted to protect his back four).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Fred has been called a good player but not a great one.

This is hard to argue against - but he has probably only played 5 games at United in a role that ever got the best out of him.

If he has been a "good player" doing someone else's role- then you do wonder what he would be playing his own.

city-puma

Fred is an extremely good player if one is afraid of calling him great here! If you can not see it, you have a really big issue in mind.
He has been pretty consistent for at least two seasons. It’s disgusting to read here some people take every mistake he made just in order to call him garbage.If you are so mean and biased here, an Internet forum, are you same in the real life? I don’t know any person who does not make any mistake/poor choice in his/her work. Do you?

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
As one of the “haters”, Fred has done well the last few games. It’s not exactly rocket science to see why of course - he is being allowed to play much more his natural game of a B2B/roaming ball winner. I have zero doubt that if he and McTominay’s roles were reversed, it would be the latter putting in strong performances while Fred would be struggling in the holding role.

I think that Fred could be one of the biggest beneficiaries of Rangnicks coaching, and if he can expand his game and cut out the sloppy gifts to the opposition, he will be a solid player.

Stacks

Yea pretty rank 'told ye so' statement. Fred has not become a midfield maestro over night. In my opinion he is still absolutely no where near the player that should be lifting a couple hundred k per week for united. If I was to sum up his performances as a whole for this season I'd have to say very much below average...Just like his utd career. In fact I'm shocked so many actually think so much of him but each to their own. Delighted to see the performances lifted the last 4 games but even to get on the Kante statements are laughable. But hey I hope he keeps it up. If he reverts to playing to both sides as he normally does I'll definitely not be happy or gloating
main thing people forget is Fred was never the problem at United and McFred tag was non-sensical stupidity scapegoating of a player. He's no Andrea Pirlo but there's a reason every Manager played Fred in all the big games. There's no alternative and 2 of our biggest losses (vs Leicester and Watford ) he wasn't there and I'm quite certain we wouldn't have lost that much if he played.

There's a reason every liverpool, City, Chelsea player including Academy graduates shine in the team.....coaching. Dynamic pressing and movement creates space and pressing in packs keeps opponents off balance
But he has not. His form only began to wain earlier this calendar year - that's not even 12 months (which would bring us to Dec 2020). Every time people talk about Fred's form they add another 3 months to it. He was instrumental in our successes under Ole and has been overplayed the last 2 years (plus Cop America). People have short memories and even shorter tempers when it comes to certain players.

All these are from 2019-2020:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/fred-m...he-season-berbatov/12pznbgali5wh1c7eayxulyj8l

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...show-freds-importance-to-man-utd-this-season/

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/fred-named-man-utd-player-of-the-month-for-january-2020

The problem has always been that Fred has never been played in the position he gained admirers for at Shaktar (and presumably was how Pep would've used him). Instead we tried to convert him into a deep-lying playmaker/DM. His inconsistency especially since beeing overplayed the past 8-9 months is due to him being played out of position.

https://www.90min.com/posts/fred-midfield-anchor-man-utd-opinion
what role would Pep have used him? you do realise Pep makes dud signings and discards players often right?
Fred is an extremely good player if one is afraid of calling him great here! If you can not see it, you have a really big issue in mind.
He has been pretty consistent for at least two seasons. It’s disgusting to read here some people take every mistake he made just in order to call him garbage.If you are so mean and biased here, an Internet forum, are you same in the real life? I don’t know any person who does not make any mistake/poor choice in his/her work. Do you?
that's impossible. Some of his passing and lack of touch/technique, concentration prevents him from being more than just good. He doesn't look man utd quality on the ball so will never be extremely good. Same with McTom and AWB

Kostov

The only sorry ass in here is you buddy. Check my post history - plenty times I've defended Fred from dimwits like yourself who see a player out of position, overused, and under poor tactical management and glibly say he is absolute shite and not United quality (the same kind of sentiments that used to be flung at players like Carrick, Fletcher etc in their day - i was there). Have a word with yourself as you try to rewrite history from your troll cave.
You are so full of shit it’s laughable why would i check your history. What a coincidence you come out of your hole to tag me just after Fred had the best match of his United career doesn’t it. As I said a sorry little petty man who wastes my time. Go back and watch Carrick and Fletcher play before embarrassing yourself any further.

bugmat

You are so full of shit it’s laughable why would i check your history. What a coincidence you come out of your hole to tag me just after Fred had the best match of his United career doesn’t it. As I said a sorry little petty man who wastes my time. Go back and watch Carrick and Fletcher play before embarrassing yourself any further.
:boring: everyone can read what you have posted - you constructing a fantasy of how you post in this thread cant change facts. Name calling is the first resort of people who cannot argue logically, especially on the internet where anonymity gives some a sense of freedom from consequences.

I'm not the one embarrassing themselves here. :nono:

Kostov

:boring: everyone can read what you have posted - you constructing a fantasy of how you post in this thread cant change facts. Name calling is the first resort of people who cannot argue logically, especially on the internet where anonymity gives some a sense of freedom from consequences.

I'm not the one embarrassing themselves here. :nono:
Excuse me, mr saint am I the one calling anyone a hater? The cheek on you is embarrassing. You call someone a “hater” is that not name calling then you play the victim card :lol:

Get a grip of yourself it’s embarrassing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fred should be paired with a playmaker. He's a high running ball winner, but instead we've used him as the playmaker next to Mctominay who sort of doesn't do either.

The fred/pogba partnership was starting to look really positive until Pogba decided he couldn't play CM anymore.

I'd love it if we managed to get a De Jong/Verratti/Jorginho type to play alongside him - it's why I think Fred and DVB could work really nicely together but they don't seem to get given a chance.

I feel like every coach says "fred is small and weak so has to play next to a big man" which is outdated BS

city-puma

Fred should be paired with a playmaker. He's a high running ball winner, but instead we've used him as the playmaker next to Mctominay who sort of doesn't do either.

The fred/pogba partnership was starting to look really positive until Pogba decided he couldn't play CM anymore.

I'd love it if we managed to get a De Jong/Verratti/Jorginho type to play alongside him - it's why I think Fred and DVB could work really nicely together but they don't seem to get given a chance.

I feel like every coach says "fred is small and weak so has to play next to a big man" which is outdated BS
Fred+VDB is an interesting pair. I don’t think it work at all for the main system we played under Ole, except when Varane + Maguire played really high line (it’s pity Varane picked up an injury in the next game). The opponents just need to bomb us long balls, and we will lose every second and third ball.
But, in Ralf’s system, I think we should give it a try sincerely. But the same problem raises, how can we rotate Fred? Fred has been overplayed too long by the club and the NT.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Completely agree with this and really want to see him next to a playmaker.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fred+VDB is an interesting pair. I don’t think it work at all for the main system we played under Ole, except when Varane + Maguire played really high line (it’s pity Varane picked up an injury in the next game). The opponents just need to bomb us long balls, and we will lose every second and third ball.
But, in Ralf’s system, I think we should give it a try sincerely. But the same problem raises, how can we rotate Fred? Fred has been overplayed too long by the club and the NT.
It seems as though we are buying Haidara in January so that help solve that issue. Fred is as fit as any player I've ever seen though. I often wonder if he's still doping :lol:

city-puma

It seems as though we are buying Haidara in January so that help solve that issue. Fred is as fit as any player I've ever seen though. I often wonder if he's still doping :lol:
It actually amazes me why he can run that much, seemly tirelessly?!
I recently read the rumor somewhere Ralf want to get McQuinn. I think it will be a wonderful addition. I never heard Haidara until recently due to the discussion here. It seems I should watch some of his highlights now.

UDontMessWith24

Do the previous good games exist when you **** on him?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It actually amazes me why he can run that much, seemly tirelessly?!
I recently read the rumor somewhere Ralf want to get McQuinn. I think it will be a wonderful addition. I never heard Haidara until recently due to the discussion here. It seems I should watch some of his highlights now.
McGinn really impressed me last time against United. Full of energy and aggressiveness, while pretty good with the ball. Although he was against the freefall United, so ...

RedCurry

To be honest, since Ole’s departure Pogba should be taking notes on how to play as a box-to-box midfielder from Fred. I also think a fully fit Veratti would be a perfect fit alongside this Fred 2.0.

The fanboy posters dont actually care about how well a player does. They want to say he's good, when he plays crap, so that 4 years later when he has a game where he plays well and does the things people have wanted from him for years, that they can say "I liked him when he was shit, I was right".

Its a bit sad because no doubt Fred has worked hard to improve and because of their egos, they cant give him credit for improvement. He's always been perfect so he can never improve.
It's always been obvious he's a very good player for a specific role, and we were playing him in a totally different one. It's not so much about improvement as some posters not giving him that allowance/not seeing it.

Kostov

Do the previous good games exist when you **** on him?
If Y write me honest opinion on him, is it **** on him?

Should he not be criticized if he plays badly just because he played good in the previous game? And yes there have been far more shocking games from him rather than the one he played against Palacе. He is very well capable to deliver an absolute stinker this weekend against Norwich for example, should he be excused because he played well the previous week?

Kostov

It's always been obvious he's a very good player for a specific role, and we were playing him in a totally different one. It's not so much about improvement as some posters not giving him that allowance/not seeing it.
It was also always obvious that he is an absolute shocking footballer in some aspects of his game and lots of the criticism was warranted. And it's not just Fred, same thing can be said about Lindelof, McT, Shaw, AWB and the list goes on. A year ago McT played what type of game against Leeds? He was the second coming of Roy fecking Keane, and now he is the worst thing that has happened to this team.

It was also always obvious that he is an absolute shocking footballer in some aspects of his game and lots of the criticism was warranted. And it's not just Fred, same thing can be said about Lindelof, McT, Shaw, AWB and the list goes on. A year ago McT played what type of game against Leeds? He was the second coming of Roy fecking Keane, and now he is the worst thing that has happened to this team.
Except he's not shocking in any aspect of the game.

A lot of our fan base are looking for somebody in the mould of Roy Keane or Paul Scholes and can't see that another type of player might also work. 10+ years ago Carrick was getting the same treatment from our fanbase. It didn't help that our last manager was equally incapable of doing anything different either. For most of the 3 years Fred was being asked to play in a way he was unfamiliar with.

McTominay is actually the opposite, in that he's a poor footballer but he does share some of Keane's traits and therefore often gets a free pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.