5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZT-One

Only reason I see is, RR didn't expect Wolves to be able to start some sort of midfield battle. But they did and won it. It is really a dilemma, we can match many midfield battles, but we have to have McFred on the pitch for it. But when they are on the pitch, we miss out a bit against a low block. It is piss easy for teams to just switch in between, depending on what we do...

Bwuk

I don’t rate Fred and don’t think he’s good enough, but at least he wouldn’t be as heartless as some of the pathetic players we seen today.

Idxomer

He has one bad half when everyone else was also awful and gets dropped for grandpa Matic two games in a row.

captaincantona

To drop Fred you would have to be able to identify some sort of benefit by playing Matic alongside McT. There hasn’t been. We look just as exposed but I would argue we play with visibly less energy and that has a negative impact when we go forward ie. you wonder why we haven’t won the ball further up the pitch in the last two games...it’s Fred that allows us to move further forward and still get back if we are played through...Matic is positionally less progressive.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Undeserved to be dropped like that and Im nowhere near his biggest fan, Rangnick is making mistakes all over.

Rajma

Not sure what Ralf is thinking by dropping the most energetic player in the squad for semi-retired Matic and then complaining post game about the lack of energy and running. He’s been posting MOTM performances since Ole has left, he has one shite half and gets hooked for two games. He might not be of the level required for our midfield but he’s our best package at this stage, so it’s foolish not to use him. Last summer I kept banging that we need at least two new midfielders, instead we go out of our way to keep unwanted players (which could have been sold for some cash) and splash remaining the money on Ronaldo. This club is stupid beyond belief, this summer we’ll need 3 proper midfielders.

RUCK4444

I don’t rate Fred and don’t think he’s good enough, but at least he wouldn’t be as heartless as some of the pathetic players we seen today.
He’s our best midfielder by a country mile if you discount Pogba. Which says something about our midfield as a whole but he must start every game.

He was our only in form player when he was dropped.

Lecland07

It was a very strange time to drop him. He was our best outfield player, by quite a way, after Solskjaer got sacked. A huge reason why we took a lot of those points. One bad half after covid, dropped.

McTominay: terrible during that same period up to the Norwich game and he gets to play all the time.

Decisions can be very odd at times.

I'm assuming he has struggled post Covid. He managed one half where he had none of his usual energy and hasn't played since.

GL21

Fred is a terrible midfielder. All the energy
In the world isn't going to change this. RR has obviously clocked on and made a stand to bench him. True enough he showed a bit of hope in a few games thankfully but on the bigger picture he has to go. McT justified his place against Burnley with A dedicated DMF alongside him in matic. Yes matic has become limited but what can RR do right now. Fred probably would have struggled against Burnley and you just have to look at the previous wolves game highlights to see why Fred wouldn't have counted. Fact is our current MF as a whole is very far off the standard required but Fred further diminishes this.

tomaldinho1

I'm assuming he has struggled post Covid. He managed one half where he had none of his usual energy and hasn't played since.
Exactly. I don’t get why people are saying he was dropped as if he’s out of the coach’s plans, he looked dead the last game and I assume he’s been given a rest. If he’s not back for the next league game we can read into it but I’m sure he will be.

El Jefe

His fanclub that developed from Carrick's first match until the Norwich game was the most bizzare thing I've seen on the caf in years. Fred isn't close to being a top midfielder, the only thing going for him is that he's better than Mctominay and this past it version of Matic. So he's the best of a bad bunch but still quite frankly shite for a top club.

He's probably the most erratic midfielder I can remember watching here in a while. And an erratic midfielder is a bad midfielder and that's what Fred is.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wouldn't have thought he was one of the players wanting out anyway.

Coops73

Wouldn't have thought he was one of the players wanting out anyway.
True but fair fecks to him for coming out and saying something, not that it should have to be said, just say it on the pitch.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Not his biggest fan, (but wish him a speedy recovery) but that's how you solve any doubts about media gibberish. There is this, and then there's uploading a video of himself training in other team's kit or something like that and pretending to be mysterious.

That's how any decent player/person should react in these situations.

united for life

His fanclub that developed from Carrick's first match until the Norwich game was the most bizzare thing I've seen on the caf in years. Fred isn't close to being a top midfielder, the only thing going for him is that he's better than Mctominay and this past it version of Matic. So he's the best of a bad bunch but still quite frankly shite for a top club.

He's probably the most erratic midfielder I can remember watching here in a while. And an erratic midfielder is a bad midfielder and that's what Fred is.
he’s one of few players who actually seem to care. He puts in a shift at the time others are pedestrians and moan throughout games. Probably that made him a kind of a cult hero for a while.

but I agree with you, he is not a top midfielder and should not be considered as a starter when thinking of united’s future midfield. A squad player? Surely yes

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Probably because there’s not many teams queuing up for him. I wonder whether he would have the same mentality if he was actually a good player.
The bloke start for the most prestigious national team in the world.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Happy he's playing again. He has a higher ceiling than Scott imo. His biggest problem is always that he can be absolute shite in the first half. It's a good thing RR is capable of taking him off at HT. he needs to fix that part of his game.

Man Utd 1:0 Aston Villa

marktan

He's the best midfielder we have and that too by some margin. He constantly has to do the job of 2 people in midfield, play him with an actual midfielder or a DM like Bissouma and he'd get a lot more plaudits. I like Mctominay but hes basically a striker playing as a box to box, and Bruno is well Bruno. It's no wonder he looks a lot better for Brazil playing with Casemiro behind him.

Godfather

The only one that runs. Well apart from Bruno but he's all over the place. Good game from him again

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Given some of his passing is shocking, including tonight, you have to laugh at Fred's peach of a ball for our winner. He plays his heart out. I just wish he was better.

DutchCruijff

Please, for anyone that criticises him, he is NOT the one United should be relying on for progressive play. It's the equivalent of asking Pogba to act as a destroyer CDM.

Fred is there for dynamism/energy, interceptions, positioning and recycling the ball to better players.

Just like Pogba needs legs around him, Fred needs to technical players around him. Both of these two would work well together in a 3 man midfield.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The Buendia cross shot sums him up, made to look silly. Puts in a shift thats about the only thing good about him

Remember the geese

I like him a lot, but he desperately needs a proper holding midfielder alongside him. The top sides have Jorginho, Fabinho and Rodri. We don't have one. It's vital we get one so we can control games and be more difficult to play through.

Aston Villa 2:2 Man Utd

Based Adnan

Joke of a player. Got sat down by Tyrone fecking Mings of all people then ran back and squared it to Ramsey for a tap in. Spent most of the game running around like a headless chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.