5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lex talionis

Bizarre news from Brazil these days, but a blessing in disguise for us and for Fred. Whatever overcame him in these first few games he needs a game or two off from duty to sort things out. I don't rate him that highly but he does have his uses and we're going to need him from time to time as the season wears on.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I slag him off all the time, so it'd be unfair not to praise him tonight. Did his job admirably after the sending off. In a compact shape where his job is just to hunt scraps he's in his element. No way we get so close to a point without him tonight.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was good tonight, perfect match for him in a way. I’ve give him grief all season but he does seem to play decently for us in the Champions League.

FromTheBench

I thought he was pretty headless in posession today.

Ran a lot but he lacks composure.

Better than others maybe though but he isnt the 6 we need.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
He's not at the level we want, but he's doing an impossible job. He can't be everywhere...he did about as well as he could today.

MattofManchester

He was poor in the first 45, got bullied a bit and his passes were wayward. Second 45 he was good, but I'll maintain that we parked the bus for that second 45, which played to his strengths for the most part. He wasn't required to spend a greater amount of time on the ball.

He had some good touches on the ball in the second half, though.

MadMike

He's not at the level we want, but he's doing an impossible job. He can't be everywhere...he did about as well as he could today.
He practically was everywhere today. While Pogba and Bruno were doing backheels and flicks and losing the ball left right and centre in that second half he was pressing everywhere and mopping up after them.

Probably the only player that didn’t deserve to be on the losing side today.

CloneMC16

I'm watching The United Stand and he slated Fred saying he was shit. I think he is one of the main culprits in making our fanbase hate Fred. He did good tonight. Couldn't do much more. No idea why he was subbed for Martial. Unless he was completely knackered.

MadMike

I thought he was pretty headless in posession today.

Ran a lot but he lacks composure.

Better than others maybe though but he isnt the 6 we need.
That’s good cause he isn’t a 6. I’d say the other midfielders were equally bad if not worse in their composure, while not doing half the work Fred was doing.

AR87

Anybody slagging him off today just has an agenda. We were comfortably in control before the red and he was solidly non-descript until that point. After that he was left to play midfield on his own until Matic came on and was excellent cleaning up.

Sylar

He did a good job getting around. The problem is hes not a DM that we need. We need somebody who can be composed and dictate in the situation today. Its not freds fault. There were times he was weak though and was bullied off the ball.
Saying that, if Fred stays on, we probably dont concede as he could be in the position Lingard was.
Maybe.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He practically was everywhere today. While Pogba and Bruno were doing backheels and flicks and losing the ball left right and centre in that second half he was pressing everywhere and mopping up after them.

Probably the only player that didn’t deserve to be on the losing side today.
Pogba was atrocious tonight. Bruno if he hadn’t got the assist would have been just as bad.

Fred usually does his job well. Closes down the space and keeps us moving. Does it relentlessly. The classy players hide or refuse to muck in. Standard Caf response : Fred isn’t good enough. Blinkers.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Pogba was atrocious tonight. Bruno if he hadn’t got the assist would have been just as bad.

Fred usually does his job well. Closes down the space and keeps us moving. Does it relentlessly. The classy players hide or refuse to muck in. Standard Caf response : Fred isn’t good enough. Blinkers.
He did better than them today, doesnt make him good enough long-term either. I really wonder where people think we are going if we have to play Fred and another CDM in midfield long-term.

Andersons Dietician

Fred seems to have either learnt the Shadow clone or teleportation Jitsu. He was everywhere tonight. Just being his usual nuisance.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Good game from him, ran his heart out and felt like one of our calmest on the ball tonight.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm watching The United Stand and he slated Fred saying he was shit. I think he is one of the main culprits in making our fanbase hate Fred. He did good tonight. Couldn't do much more. No idea why he was subbed for Martial. Unless he was completely knackered.
That was a terrible decision. Replacing him with Martial and leaving Pogba on. WTF?

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's just annoyed Donny was subbed instead of Fred. Fred did as well as you could expect, and keeping him on instead of Donny - who contributes nothing - was always the right call.

spiriticon

I guess he ran out of juice, that's why he was subbed. Otherwise, it was madness to take him off.

Litch

Just seen that fool on Utd Stand, the guy is an absolute disgrace. Irrespective of whether he rates Fred or not, his comments are inflammatory and sadly people believe the level of shite that comes out his mouth.

MadMike

I guess he ran out of juice, that's why he was subbed. Otherwise, it was madness to take him off.
He was subbed off on 89 mins. If someone is running out of juice you sub them at 70-80 mins. If they managed to the 89th they can just see the game out now.

It was just a time wasting change, I felt. A poor one nonetheless.

AFC NimbleThumb

I don’t watch a United Stand neither do I particularly rate Fred. Statements like that just serve to dismiss those you don’t agree with instead of interacting with them on an issue. It’s quite possible to just watch Fred play & think he simply isn’t that good.

Those comments are aside tonight’s performance, I just think it’s a rather sweeping generalisation.

CloneMC16

I don’t watch a United Stand neither do I particularly rate Fred. Statements like that just serve to dismiss those you don’t agree with instead of interacting with them on an issue. It’s quite possible to just watch Fred play & think he simply isn’t that good.

Those comments are aside tonight’s performance, I just think it’s a rather sweeping generalisation.
I'm aware of that, but when the biggest United content creator is saying Fred is shit after every game (even when he's not), it is of course going to encourage other people to say the same. He is in a position of privilege, and his opinion has reach. It is perfectly fine to say that you don't think Fred is good enough, but if you're doing it after every game, your bias is pretty clear. Fred did fine tonight, and because the player he wanted to play got subbed, he takes it out on Fred.

He's just annoyed Donny was subbed instead of Fred. Fred did as well as you could expect, and keeping him on instead of Donny - who contributes nothing - was always the right call.
I get that, but he doesn't have to say Fred played like shit. I understand that he's a fan of Donny, but he doesn't have to slate our other midfielders to make that point extremely clear.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Second half suited Fred as we didn't have the ball and he was tasked with chasing around the pitch.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Second half suited Fred as we didn't have the ball and he was tasked with chasing around the pitch.
Yup and in a condensed space. Not box to box, just patrolling a compact area of the pitch at close proximity to his teammates. That's what he excels at.

Where Fred fails is where the team has expanded and he has to try playing between the lines to find teammates. When we have 10 men in our own half there are few better.

SAF is the GOAT

Fred to the official website :

"I aim to improve and work a lot after training on my passing. Sometimes turning in the midfield, things more specific to my position."

“As I've said before, my objective is to get the ball to the forwards, to always be ready to receive the ball from the center-backs, receive a pass and have the right body position to control it and find a good pass."

“I aim to improve in this area, this is the most important area to improve and develop in my position. I visualize this every day so I look to improve on positioning on the pitch, an additional pass, turns during a game and all"

"I believe so[if these were his peak years], as you're at a really good age. It's an age when you've already experienced a great deal since turning professional, I've been through good and bad things."

“Also you're playing at a massive club like United, the biggest in the world for me. I think it is the peak of my career, It's a marvelous time for me, my best moment."

“I want to continue doing great work here. This is the season for us to win trophies. At my age, at this stage of my career, I aim to do my best, improve every day and I'm sure that this is going to be a blessed season for us."

Status
Not open for further replies.