Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
So under his usual pass% but very noticably quicker in his transitioning the ball from getting it to trying to deliver it to our attacking players. Often one touch and then play the pass, very good
Let's not twist the facts here, he's been always one of the quickest midfielders with the ball at his feet. Only today the whole team seemed to attack and defend with intent most of the game so it could stand out but Fred didn't change one bit.

But if anything this game confirmed he will be one of the key players for this club to go forward in the next couple of years when the progressive style is implemented. I am sure Ragnick won't take his chances and bring in another midfielder with a similar skillset because we are one Fred injury away from being back to Matic with McT in midfield..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He would be the MOTM even without the goal, but what you know about football. Do you know that midfielders misplace passes? I never seen one having 100% passing accuracy. Except we all know what Fred's role in the team is. Winning the ball to prevent the goals and to quickly set up the chances and he's been immense again but of course one misplaced pass and some armchair fans are all over the palce here :houllier:

I wonder how much you lot post "the typical mistakes" in the Bruno thread.
You're preaching to the wrong crowd, I've been watching Fred under Fonseca when he was putting him all over the pitch with positive effect.

What part of 'Match Winning Performance' which I wrote in that post you don't understand ? Isn't that enough of a compliment or I should explain myself more to you and that other obnoxious f*ck @Ali Dia because you clearly can't comprehend to understand entirety of post, but rather pick on single lines.

What Bruno got to do with Fred and what exactly is your problem ?

Ekeke

Let's not twist the facts here, he's been always one of the quickest midfielders with the ball at his feet. Only today the whole team seemed to attack and defend with intent most of the game so it could stand out but Fred didn't change one bit.

But if anything this game confirmed he will be one of the key players for this club to go forward in the next couple of years when the progressive style is implemented. I am sure Ragnick won't take his chances and bring in another midfielder with a similar skillset because we are one Fred injury away from being back to Matic with McT in midfield..
He usually takes lots of touches as we slowly build up the play, today he took 1 touch or played the ball as soon as he got it. If you didnt see that you didnt watch

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
You're preaching to the wrong crowd, I've been watching Fred under Fonseca when was putting him all over the pitch with positive effect.

What part of 'Match Winning Performance' which I wrote in that post you don't understand ? Isn't that enough of a compliment or I should explain myself more to you and that other obnoxious f*ck @Ali Dia because you clearly can't comprehend to understand entirety of post, but rather pick on single lines.

What Bruno got to do with Fred and what exactly is your problem ?
:lol: :lol:
pot kettle my man

KingCavani

Undoubtedly the front runner for the 2022 Ballon d’Or.

He’s clearly taken Messi’s victory personally.

tomaldinho1

Nice to see him used in a manner which allows him more responsibility in attack. He’s key for 4222 - thought his left foot effort was going in first half as well.

city-puma

He usually takes lots of touches as we slowly build up the play, today he took 1 touch or played the ball as soon as he got it. If you didnt see that you didnt watch
I feel you completely misunderstand his play before. In contrast to what you thought, the normal game of Fred is fast and simple ball handling and quick forward pass for us to start offensive play.

Kramer

Rangnick has taught Fred how to shoot with his right foot. What a manager!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He has these performances in his locker. Since he signed he has gone through periods where he was absolutely brilliant to periodically being diabolical.

I think his tenacity will suit our play style going forward so I have high hopes going forward for Fred.

Name Changed

weso26
Far better. Great to seem him being utilised in a role more suited to him. Hopefully he continues to improve.

However he still gives the ball away stupidly far more often. That really needs to improve.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Been our best player since Ole left (don’t think there’s a link)

Front foot pressing suits his game so much.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
3rd consecutive excellent game. Thats the fred of 2020.
That is something people tend to forget.

Fred has been quite inconsistent and regularly poor (although with regular good games as well) pretty much the entire calendar year of 2021. While some of the criticism certainly has gone overboard, there's no doubt that he has deserved some criticism. His form noticeably started dropping in January and it's been a bit all over the place ever since.

However what people seem to forget is that for the 18 months before that he was comfortably our best and most consistent midfielder. Hell, he was arguably our most consistent player in any position. If he can get back to that level he's going to continue to be a big player for us, and the hope is that he's going to be even better if Rangnick will actually use him in a way that highlights his strengths.

grahamo

Looks like Rangnick has taught Fred to take one or two touches and move the ball on. He wasn't caught in possession today nearly as much as he normally is

Blood Mage

Perfect box-to-box midfielder for a pressing system. He needs a cool-headed passer playing next to him though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Rangnick is here 3 days and he's already poking at Fred's shooting ability, what is it with Fred :lol:

criticalanalysis

So under his usual pass% but very noticably quicker in his transitioning the ball from getting it to trying to deliver it to our attacking players. Often one touch and then play the pass, very good
Think it's more of a chicken and egg situation in regards to ball progression when it comes to the passer and the receiver. Fred deserves criticism for his misplaced passes and a particularly inconsistent and poor 12 months but today's performance is not really a 180 degree difference in what he tries to do most of the time in terms of style and technique. The most obvious change is that he had 2-4 players in overloads to play those 5-15yard passes with Sancho/Rashford/Bruno and Telles in those pockets of spaces. He probably did twice as much as McT by my eyes.

Ekeke

Think it's more of a chicken and egg situation in regards to ball progression when it comes to the passer and the receiver. Fred deserves criticism for his misplaced passes and a particularly inconsistent and poor 12 months but today's performance is not really a 180 degree difference in what he tries to do most of the time in terms of style and technique. The most obvious change is that he had 2-4 players in overloads to play those 5-15yard passes with Sancho/Rashford/Bruno and Telles in those pockets of spaces. He probably did twice as much as McT by my eyes.
Its very different to want to just keep the ball and slowly work it, and to want to immediately release it losing the ball more often but actually hurting the opponents. The difference between Djemba Djemba and Paul Scholes

Devil may care

The hyperbole is setting in I see but he was decent in the 1st half and that was a cracking strike with his weaker foot to grab us the 3 points.

Bwuk

As I said in the McT thread, imagine how much better we’d be if we played with two Freds instead of McT + Fred? Says it all really.
Wouldn’t work. Fred’s been playing a lot better because he’s been able to play higher and press higher up the park.

I think we’ll go in for a midfielder to play the deeper #6 role who can pass the ball and be more creative than Fred. Fred’s better higher up pressing.

It’s Carrick/Fletcher, Kante/Drinkwater situation.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Wouldn’t work. Fred’s been playing a lot better because he’s been able to play higher and press higher up the park.

I think we’ll go in for a midfielder to play the deeper #6 role who can pass the ball and be more creative than Fred. Fred’s better higher up pressing.

It’s Carrick/Fletcher, Kante/Drinkwater situation.
Ragnick was pretty clear we played 4222. It looked like they were playing left and right, not advanced and deep.

criticalanalysis

Its very different to want to just keep the ball and slowly work it, and to want to immediately release it losing the ball more often but actually hurting the opponents. The difference between Djemba Djemba and Paul Scholes
I don't disagree with that but I think most people are saying he's a routinely progressive passer who sits between those two players you've mentioned. It sounds like you're suggesting Fred's base level is Djemba Djemba level, which is extremely harsh and not true at all imo.

The context to his passing today is that there was an actual structure and options available. That's not excusing his past performances but I think we can appreciate that it's not so straight forward.

Bwuk

Ragnick was pretty clear we played 4222. It looked like they were playing left and right, not advanced and deep.
They were, but it wasn’t like the 4231 under Ole where we sit very deep and they basically sit on the CBs. We were much higher up the park today. Fred can’t play as a #6 to save his life and it takes away all his best attributes.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
They were, but it wasn’t like the 4231 under Ole where we sit very deep and they basically sit on the CBs. We were much higher up the park today. Fred can’t play as a #6 to save his life and it takes away all his best attributes.
Rangnick sees him as a number 6 as he confirmed just after the game.

Bwuk

Rangnick sees him as a number 6 as he confirmed just after the game.
It’s a completely different system. #6 under Ole was picking the ball up off the CBs and protecting the space directly in front of them. That’s not what he did today.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
It’s a completely different system. #6 under Ole was picking the ball up off the CBs and protecting the space directly in front of them. That’s not what he did today.
So you mean that he can't play 'Ole's number 6' to save his life.

Ekeke

I don't disagree with that but I think most people are saying he's a routinely progressive passer who sits between those two players you've mentioned. It sounds like you're suggesting Fred's base level is Djemba Djemba level, which is extremely harsh and not true at all imo.

The context to his passing today is that there was an actual structure and options available. That's not excusing his past performances but I think we can appreciate that it's not so straight forward.
Im not suggesting hes djemba djemba level, but no he hasnt been looking to find players in attack as soon as possible like today

Its an improvement and I dont understand people who cant give him credit for it.

Oranges038

Nice goal, did a lot of running around and dirty work. He's alright at that. Still think him and McT need to be replaced. Especially if this team wants to win the big trophies.

Foxbatt

It will encourage him to shoot more now. we fanny around too much sometimes.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Im not suggesting hes djemba djemba level, but no he hasnt been looking to find players in attack as soon as possible like today

Its an improvement and I dont understand people who cant give him credit for it.
Because crediting Fred for forward passes now, is like crediting Metallica for making heavy music in 2021.

His passing into the final 3rd has always been good and he's always been very quick in transitions, decent touch, decent on both feet, etc. There's plenty written about it with stats to back it up. He's by far our best CM.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol:

(green smilie could have applied to whole post but the absolute brass neck of that final sentence deserves special mention)

zurnalist

I just love to see him succeed. I've always had a soft spot for hard workers. He was our MOTM even without the goal today. He just is EVERYWHERE and his energy levels are pretty much unmatched in the world.

Yes, he has frustrated every single one of us during past months too and I think the critique against him has often been justified. He can be frustrating and unstable. But often these bad performances come from matches where the whole team plays abysmally. More often than not he can lift the team performance with his work rate and will. And when he is good, he is really fun to watch.

Hope he still has a future with us. For this, these performances just need to continue and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.