Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I actually think Pogba should have came off because Fred was playing well. Fred releases the ball quicker and doesn’t take 5 too many touches like Pogba. Plus we know Fred is tenacious in trying to win the ball back. I think Ralf should have done a rinse/repeat of vs Leeds.
Pogba played well and better than Fred but agenda FC and all.

As for Fred I thought he played well. I liked him and Matic in there it gave us good balance and allowed the back four to push high up. I just think Ralf wanted to change it up in a positive sense at 0-0

CloneMC16

As for Fred I thought he played well. I liked him and Matic in there it gave us good balance and allowed the back four to push high up. I just think Ralf wanted to change it up in a positive sense at 0-0
I agree. He was better than Fred, but he was gassed at the end. I understand wanting Pogba to stay on, but I would have subbed him instead of Fred. I think Fred did well. He had a shaky start, but he improved a lot after that. The midfield as a whole did their job well.

Augustus Gloop

Its an opinion not an agenda. You’ve even admitted yourself Fred played well so what are you going on about?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Its an opinion not an agenda. You’ve even admitted yourself Fred played well so what are you going on about?
Pogba played better and at 0/0 not 1-0 only someone with an agenda thinks you take Pogba off when we need a goal.

NZT-One

Well it didn't really do us any favours didn't it? Whats the point in having your two biggest creating outlets playing as the only midfield players. Pogba was done playing there after 5minutes. I agree, getting rid of Pogba would have been a tough call, because we did him when we are chasing a ball. But taking away the grafting of Fred just put way too much load on Pog and Bruno.

Fred had a good game, quick releasing the ball, being in the right position 9 out of 10 times. Went quietly about.

captaincantona

Thought Fred would have offered more in the last 20 minutes and possibly a bit more protection on the break. Would have liked to see him left on. Pogba was good again but really can’t last 90 minutes.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He played good today. Quick passes and good in defence. When he has good players around him, he is good

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pogba played better and at 0/0 not 1-0 only someone with an agenda thinks you take Pogba off when we need a goal.
In theory yes, but Pogba has had obvious fitness issues since his return from injury. Combine that with his midfield partner being Matic, and it was fairly obvious that both were getting close to the time they'd run out of legs. Unsurprisingly that's exactly what happened not long after.

acnumber9

He literally stood and watched their second goal. If you’re going to do that at least pay for a ticket you robbing bastard.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
£50m. We have been had so many times in the transfer market. It's not like Fred is awful. He's just not £50m worth of player. In a contest against elite players you see his real level. If/when Fred leaves Manchester United none of the major clubs will be in for him.

Ludens the Red

He literally stood and watched their second goal. If you’re going to do that at least pay for a ticket you robbing bastard.
Haha, I didn’t even notice till just now. So that was him and lindelof doing it. :lol: Honestly these absolute wankers wearing our shirt.

Sylar

Did ya see keanes assessment?

Fred pressed second half but... Jeez

CloneMC16

Keane blamed Fred for the 2nd goal when Lindelof got completely done by Foden, and then Maguire didn't put the ball out for a corner. Fred could have given more effort, but feck me man. I don't see how he can be blamed before Lindelof and Maguire for that.

Castia

All over the place, generally non league level positioning throughout the whole game.

Him and McTominay must be the worst pairing in our history, relegation level at best.

Litch

Keane blamed Fred for the 2nd goal when Lindelof got completely done by Foden, and then Maguire didn't put the ball out for a corner. Fred could have given more effort, but feck me man. I don't see how he can be blamed before Lindelof and Maguire for that.
Fred is to blame before he fecking kicks a ball. There so many other passages of play way before DB runs into the box but that doesn’t fit peoples agenda. Fred and Scott are not good enough but what’s the fecking excuse for the players who are suppose to be?

NZT-One

£50m. We have been had so many times in the transfer market. It's not like Fred is awful. He's just not £50m worth of player. In a contest against elite players you see his real level. If/when Fred leaves Manchester United none of the major clubs will be in for him.
Don't think you are wrong with most of the things you say but I wouldn't be too sure, that no club would be interested in him. Certainly - not for 50 million but I am pretty sure in the right team he could be a really good asset.

I thought he wasn't particularly bad today. I mean, everybody sucked and City were really great. McTom was sluggish and didn't show up for the ball on a couple of occasions so I'd have him a little subpar, but Fred was his usual self.

RedIan

Had a stinker, headless chicken who gave the ball a way in dangerous areas which is his forte.
He is not Good enough at this level.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I suppose being a midfielder himself, he would have seen that Fred didn't track De Bruyne into the box, there were mistakes before that from United's defenders.
As I've said before, neither Fred or Mctominay seem to have a basic understanding of defence, and where they should be, both are more attacking types of midfielders, but even so, that was poor from Fred.

Litch

All over the place, generally non league level positioning throughout the whole game.

Him and McTominay must be the worst pairing in our history, relegation level at best.
You know city often have 4 options in that midfield with or without the ball. Don’t give a feck if it’s Scott, Fred or Matic, if Bruno and Pogs are on the pitch at the same time, they are going to get out numbered.

kundalini

Apart from his early chance that was saved, I thought Fred was poor today.

Castia

You know city often have 4 options in that midfield with or without the ball. Don’t give a feck if it’s Scott, Fred or Matic, if Bruno and Pogs are on the pitch at the same time, they are going to get out numbered.
No they were both pressing the City defence leaving massive gaps through the middle of the park for the whole game. City simply passed it round them then had a open run through the middle it was embarrassing.

A central midfielder shouldn’t be pressing a opposition defender in the edge of their own box what the feck is that about

When city was in possession Fred for whatever reason was playing at number 9 for us, was like watching a kids game down the park.

Litch

No they were both pressing the City defence leaving massive gaps through the middle of the park for the whole game. City simply passed it round them then had a open run through the middle it was embarrassing.

A central midfielder shouldn’t be pressing a opposition defender in the edge of their own box what the feck is that about

When city was in possession Fred for whatever reason was playing at number 9 for us, was like watching a kids game down the park.
Watched a completely different game to me as I didn’t see any pressing aside from the first 10 mins. City pass around everyone because they not only are they brilliant at it, probably the best in the world but also because they have players like the left or right back who come into the midfield to create the overload. You think AWB could come into midfield like Cancelo? You think either Bruno or Pogs work as hard as DB?

I think Fred has been asked to push further forward and we have seen its been quite successful. He’s influenced a couple of goals, created and scored.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
See McTominay: average player and wouldn't be playing consistently for a team with trophy aspirations.

acnumber9

Fred is to blame before he fecking kicks a ball. There so many other passages of play way before DB runs into the box but that doesn’t fit peoples agenda. Fred and Scott are not good enough but what’s the fecking excuse for the players who are suppose to be?
I thought he wasn’t standing watching?

marktan

Flip a coin, sometimes you get good Fred, some times you get bad Fred.

I do think it's an issue of rest and rotation though. He's played a lot of games in succession for us, his game requires a lot of running especially with the other 'midfielders' we play. He looked very sluggish out there today.

acnumber9

Flip a coin, sometimes you get good Fred, some times you get bad Fred.

I do think it's an issue of rest and rotation though. He's played a lot of games in succession for us, his game requires a lot of running especially with the other 'midfielders' we play. He looked very sluggish out there today.
One side of that coin is heavily weighted.

Oranges038

He's just not good enough. His positioning is woeful and his passing is Sunday league standard.

Been 4 seasons now and nothing has changed. He's 29 and he still hasn't learned how to play midfield, he just needs to go.

Ekeke

Miles off the level needed to to compete with and use the ball to build attacks against City. McTominay was a lot better than him and he wasnt good enough either.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
At 2-1 down, we have a corner kick, Bruno couldn't make a decent cross which was defended easily and somehow the ball gets to Fred, for no reason whatsoever, he decided to pass it all the way back to DDG and who had a terrible kick and City got a dangerous FK subsequently.
A little decision of passing the ball back when there is no need to, can lead to opportunities against the team

arnie_ni

At 2-1 down, we have a corner kick, Bruno couldn't make a decent cross which was defended easily and somehow the ball gets to Fred, for no reason whatsoever, he decided to pass it all the way back to DDG and who had a terrible kick and City got a dangerous FK subsequently.
A little decision of passing the ball back when there is no need to, can lead to opportunities against the team
I got slated for this at the time but he did the exact same thing against atletico and de gea pumped it out for a throw which led to their goal. He had no need to go all the way back to the keeper in both instances

Status
Not open for further replies.