Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kinda confusing how Ten Hag uses him. I get the impression that he really likes him and trusts him. Had great performances vs Spurs and City. But then goes multiple games after those without a look in, and just gets some little sub appearances in these 2 cup games when he could easily start in them and do really well. Now with Eriksens injury, seems like high ankle sprain, looks like he'll miss a month so Fred will be playing pretty much every minute this next very important month so good thing he is fresh I guess.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Fred has got a lot of stick over the years but we can see now that was down to the managers he worked under, mourinho and ole didn’t know how to use him. They used him as a DM. I’ve always said he’s better when he’s allowed to play further forward. It’s no surprise that we’re seeing massive improvements with not only him but a lot of the players we all wanted out last season. Under a manager that focuses and works hard in training we start to see the benefits.

Kinda confusing how Ten Hag uses him. I get the impression that he really likes him and trusts him. Had great performances vs Spurs and City. But then goes multiple games after those without a look in, and just gets some little sub appearances in these 2 cup games when he could easily start in them and do really well. Now with Eriksens injury, seems like high ankle sprain, looks like he'll miss a month so Fred will be playing pretty much every minute this next very important month so good thing he is fresh I guess.
It's pretty simple I think. Rightly, ETH wants a midfielder who can play fast balls forward through the lines. Even though he can do it occasionally Casemiro isn't really that player and neither is Fred. Eriksen is.

I think over the next few weeks we will see us control games better but we will struggle for goals.

Raven

Really good, we'll be fine as long as himself or Casemiro don't get injured.

kidbob

Been absolutely brilliant since the World Cup and for most of this season. Delighted for him. Really is the perfect squad player. Hopefully Cas stays fit, Sabitzer hits the ground running and we'll be good until the summer.

SAFMUTD

He's a great rotation option offers lots of energy and tenacity. We still need an starting quality option but as rotation Fred is pretty solid.

Djemba-Djemba

3 goals in… not many. His goals/minutes this season has to be up there with any other CM in the league.
I thought he was shocking at the start of this season but fair play to him, he's really turned it around and post World Cup especially he's been really good.

edcunited1878

Received the ball on the far left side, played the ball inside, then drifted all the way to the far post when the ball was being worked away from him and scored a goal.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He's the most misunderstood player in modern football for me.

Everyone thought he was a 6, a DMC. He's a defensive 8-10, it's a niche role but he's superb at it. Presses like a monster and just wins the ball back high up the pitch. His lack of ability on the ball is less highlighted, he isn't asked to build up play or dictate tempo or line break with passing.

It's simple, win the ball, lay it off, make runs. That, he is fantastic.

Glorio

Used to score a bit for Shaktar right? Don't know if I imagined that. But seems like now he does actually play next to a DM, he could score a few

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I still don’t understand how McT started against Arsenal.
He will always find a way to start no matter how shit he is unfortuntely. Fred has been in our top3 players and most important players, happy for him to prove most of the people wrong.

With Cas as a 6 he can finallydo his job as a no8 and will get a lot of goals. He's really smart in and around the box, I am sure if he started more of the games then Eriksen he would outscore him actually..

The United

I think it was a decent game for him. But I can't get over his passes which usually hit the first man in this game.

Dve

Fred is at his best when he has more of a free role and can just drift around. One moment, he's at the left back, the next at the right wing. Tonight, I thought our midfield as a whole was absolutely brilliant. When was the last time we have 74% possession in a game? Fred had a great role in that, always making himself available for a pass.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've always loved Fred. His industry and drive is something we've always looked better with.

I hope he does extend his stay a couple more years as he's got plenty left in the tank.

Alemar

6 goal contributions already this season (4g + 2a). Not bad at all so far

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Did I read somewhere that his contract is definitely not getting renewed? I thought I did, but it would seem a bad move to me. Ten Hag seems to rate him, and he’s a good squad player.

Real Name

Still cant get his accurate passing. It's like there's some kind of Fred's twin brother playing out there. He had a very good game.

Elcabron

He's the most misunderstood player in modern football for me.

Everyone thought he was a 6, a DMC. He's a defensive 8-10, it's a niche role but he's superb at it. Presses like a monster and just wins the ball back high up the pitch. His lack of ability on the ball is less highlighted, he isn't asked to build up play or dictate tempo or line break with passing.

It's simple, win the ball, lay it off, make runs. That, he is fantastic.
Exactly right. I do think his lack of ability on the ball is over stated. I'd be willing to wager he loses the ball less than anyone outside the back four. Casemiro himself is no stranger to the misplaced pass.

Pity that free kick he cracked against the post recently didn't go in, might have changed some perceptions of him.

That goal last night sums up Fred, making a tackle at left back two mins earlier and then standing on the goal line moments later waiting for the tap in, covers huge amount of ground.

It would be interesting to see him Casemiro and Sanitizer in midfield three. High tempo midfield if ever there was one.

stevoc

He will always find a way to start no matter how shit he is unfortuntely. Fred has been in our top3 players and most important players, happy for him to prove most of the people wrong.

With Cas as a 6 he can finallydo his job as a no8 and will get a lot of goals. He's really smart in and around the box, I am sure if he started more of the games then Eriksen he would outscore him actually..
In what context?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Much better in second half than first. Why does this happen to him so often?
It's why I'm actually a bit surprised at how well he's been doing off the bench recently. Even though I do rate him higher than most and thought he 'should' be a great squad player, his tendency to be average (or even downright bad) for the first 20 minutes of matches and have to play himself into form made me think he might have to do the same when coming off the bench. Which would obviously make him useless as a bench option. Thankfully it doesn't seem like that's the case, but when starting he still tends to take a bit of time to truly get into his groove. He wasn't bad at the start today, but he still obviously got better and better as the match wore on.

Status
Not open for further replies.