Height: 169cm
Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield
Foot: Left
Player Agent: Special1Agency
Squad Number: #17
Contract Until: Jun 30, 2023
Contract Option: Option for a further year​

Olecurls99

My favourite United player and one of the best midfielders in the league. He'll thrive if Teny gets us playing the 1 and 2 touch stuff. Animal at pressing and good at getting the ball up the pitch

Chief123

Since ETH got appointed I think I always Fred and Sancho would be the biggest benefactors.

Fred showing positive signs already. I think he is most likely to partner FDJ by playing in a similar role to Kante at Chelsea where he presses playing higher up with FDJ playing deeper. Fred will do all the running around FDJ.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I really like Fred, I think in a different time he could've been a very popular player amongst the fanbase.

CallMeChimp

I love Fred. That's all I have to say.

Really hoping he has a great first season under ETH!

Mcking

He will perform much better with less responsibility in the buildup, allowing him to do more running. I think with midfielders like De Jong and Eriksen who will always show for the ball and retain it well, he will be grande. Expecting a big season from him.

Abraxas

What a nice little finish that was. He is going to be key this season, I feel.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He will perform much better with less responsibility in the buildup, allowing him to do more running. I think with midfielders like De Jong and Eriksen who will always show for the ball and retain it well, he will be grande. Expecting a big season from him.
The build up and dictating the play is what De Jong excels at. That's why I think De Jong + Fred will be good pairing.

Godfather

Was one of the best players last season until his injury and I expect him to be this season too. I do rate him.

3KDré

Full Name: Frederico Rodrigues de Paula Santos
Date of Birth: Mar 5, 1993 (29)
Nationality: Brazil

Height: 169cm
Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield
Foot: Left
Player Agent: Special1Agency
Squad Number: #17
Contract Until: Jun 30, 2023
Contract Option: Option for a further year​
Contract expiring at the end of the season? I hope we're exercising that option for another year we are going to need him.

Replenish

He's criminally underrated and overly criticised. He does lose the ball now and then but he's not a DM. Alongside a good DM who can dictate play, he'd be great at breaking up the play/winning the ball higher up the pitch and contributing to attacks. He's the best option we have to partner De Jong if we get him.

Blood Mage

He's a good player who'll look even better when he's not having to do the work of two midfielders. I think I'll be happy with him next to FDJ in the pivot for now and then we can upgrade him with Rice next summer hopefully.

Litch

Remember people saying he can’t shoot? Have a look at his finishes when pushed further forward….,

Litch

He had a quality spell under Rangnick when he played further forward. It was the first time I remember thinking that maybe this lad isn't a DM.
He never was a DM and was shoehorned into the role. Playing there exposes the worst of his game and playing further forward his best.

criticalanalysis

He messed up a pass to play Rashford (?) in but remember he was the one who made the run.

He has a lot of intangibles in his game that go unnoticed simply because commentators don't scream at the top of their lungs about it.

Ekeke

Very good other than the one poor pass where he should have put his teammate in early on. McTomminay struggled several times on the counter with Fred pushing on to press higher up the pitch, and our CBs doing the same. But the benefit of it is Fred had at least 2 or 3 recoveries in the opponent's half due to pressing and being ready to intercept and that helped us play on the front foot.

I'm not a Fred fan but that was a fantastic finish for his chip against Allison with his right foot and if he can play like that most weeks then he just needs a partner. Its not McTomminay

He will be one of the first names on the teamsheet for a proper coach like Ten Hag, especially if we get a better partner for him. With Matic and McTominay he was always doing two jobs.

The only thing is he's nearly 30 and we've wasted most of his best years.

Skills

Snitch
His vision is underrated. He slides in some lovely passes into our forwards.

It doesn't look spectacular, but it's just clever

Tavern in the town

He’s clearly a good player and it annoys me greatly seeing him being tarred with the same brush as McTominay.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll continue to be a starter under Ten Hag IMO. Even if Frenkie comes. So underrated.

DevTheRed

If pressing football is the goal he has to start, he just needs someone next to him to sit and control tempo. Now who could do that.. :rolleyes:

AndySmith1990

Don't think McFred should be a thing anymore. Fred doesn't deserve to get lumped in with dross like McTominay, he's actually a pretty good player

Status
Not open for further replies.