5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

So bad he has to excuse himself every move he makes.

Ekeke

Almost entirely diabolical. Was a decent cross for Sancho's fluffed volley. Other than that didnt look good enough for this level of football

MiracleInMadrid

Wow. Genuinly can't remember a worse performance by him. He was all over the place. Horrible to watch.

Been fond of him, especially last season, but this performance alone has made me doubt his place in the team.

kundalini

Fred in the no 10 role just seemed to confuse everybody, especially Fred. Cross for Sancho's awful volley attempt was good. Passing mostly wasn't.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Very poor. But he needs minutes and he'll get better. Not very good, just better. He had some good ideas and created two good scoring opportunities. The rest was poor.

RORY65

His role on Sunday to come on and run around like a headless chicken and work hard without having to have much possession was perfect for him, he tries really hard and he has loads of energy but he's just not a particularly good footballer. I'm not sure if Ten Hag wants us to eventually to have better possession that he has any role beyond a substitute in certain circumstances.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Probably the single main reason we lost today imo. We were winning the ball so often the first half in Sociedad's area but it would come to him and he'd feck it up.

I understand what ETH was trying to do having him as the most forward presser, but his lack of quality compared to Eriksen was eye opening tonight.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Does he even know what the foolball is used for.

criticalanalysis

I said he would have a brainstormer in the 2nd half in the match day thread :smirk:

Typical erratic Fred performance. 1st half was horrendous, although him playing ahead of Eriksen was a strange gamble by ETH.

I get the intention as it was Fred to support Ronaldo pressing from the front.

stevoc

Thought he was great tonight but he's being asked to play as a DM when he isn't one and he can only do so much with the likes of McTominay and Matic playing beside him.

Also he starts for Brazil you know.

Redderp

Probably the worst no. 10 performance i have ever seen. But who is the bigger fool? Fred for not being able to play as a no. 10 or EtH for playing him as a no. 10.

Like what exactly did we expect would happen. It feels like this is as much EtH fault as Freds fault.

Bad game, but number 10 really? Might as well stick him in goal.

wolvored

Should have got shut of him when Ole was here. Never in the world a £50 mill player. Hope who scouted him has long since gone.

RC89

Terrible performance but why was he playing as a 10? Unfair to be so harsh on him when deployed in an area that is totally against his strengths.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Wasn't he a 10 at Shaktar? (Not that that justifies playing him there). But thought he played there as an attacking midfielder.

CloneMC16

Pretty awful tonight. Probably one of the main reasons why we were not functioning very well. He messed up a lot of attacking opportunities. I understand why he was asked to play as a #10 and Eriksen stayed as the #8, but it did not work at all. He did win the ball back a couple times high up the pitch, but it ended up not amounting to anything.

He may not get many more opportunities to start. In the 3 ETH has given him, he's been quite bad.

Kingofwinners

He has never been good, same basic mistakes wher ever he plays. His first or second touch is poor, his tackling is often late and he will have a couple of shocker passes every game. Not sure what his advocates see in him, lots of energy and motivation but he just isn’t a particularly good footballer.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He wasn’t a 10. Him and Eriksen were the more advanced two of a midfield 3. He was shit though. Awful performance.
The game started out with him way ahead of Eriksen. And we saw why in the first 30 minutes or so when he won the ball back quite a few times high up the pitch (also no Bruno to trigger the press) and when he dropped deeper the calamity of his sloppy passing was on show yet again.

He's come on in recent matches not as the second midfielder in a midfield two, but once as one of five outfield midfielders (including Eriksen and Bruno) and last time playing off the left. I think ETH probably does not trust him in a midfield two. And quite justified in not doing so.

Where did he play for Shakhtar? Always thought he played further up the pitch for them - or was he box to box?

CarbonStoolBites

I hope he has a stellar World Cup so we can sell him, its been years, at no point was he close to good enough.
He seems like a real nice fella, but unfortunately he’s not very good at football, if there was a sport where you get points for tackling him and AWB would be the bomb, oh wait, American Football maybe? if they bulk up.

Ekeke

Wasn't he a 10 at Shaktar? (Not that that justifies playing him there). But thought he played there as an attacking midfielder.
Played in a midfield 2 at Shaktar with a better defensive player next to him and he was the better passer. So the more attacking of the pairing but not an AM no.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd always maintained that Fred was better than Mctominay and while not a great footballer the only decent / good ish CM we had (the lesser evil). But he's really been awful and failed to impress ETH one bit. At his age we can't keep waiting around for a footballer to arrive out of him. If he's not up to it we should sell next summer and not drag it on. Till the he'll get chances to prove himself.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Played in a midfield 2 at Shaktar with a better defensive player next to him and he was the better passer. So the more attacking of the pairing but not an AM no.
Checked Transfermarkt and he started off playing as an AM apparently.

largelyworried

Fred at his absolute worst yesterday. Not sure if he was just too eager to prove himself or what but everything was over done. Every pass was over hit, every shot was wild, every challenge was clumsy. At least he apologises after every shot.

At least we have some alternatives now. He's probably 5th choice this season.

Rossa

He was downright terrible, but he did create two good chances, and he also did brilliantly chasing down Sørloth in the two on one situation that ended in DDG making a great interception. So 92 minutes of horror show, and 3 good moments.

I like Fred, but we have seen before that he needs regular game time to play well, and that thus being a squad player may not be for him. I would consider moving him on already in January as things stand, if we can either promote Savage or Iqbal or get someone else in.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I’ve said for ages that Fred is just too limited as a player. He can’t play as a DM, he can’t play as a 10, he can’t play with McTominay…. And really, even if you do set everything up just right for him, he isn’t particularly good.

Runs around a lot, but that’s about it. He is weak physically, poor on the ball and generally a headless chicken. He’s now about 30 and on decent wages, time to get rid of we can find a buyer.

Longshanks

Lots of energy, wins the ball back well.

Poor first touch
Awful passing
Seemingly no real idea how to play football
Weak physically

OK at running with the ball.

Really not up to standard, yet another player who has to many glaring flaws to be classed as a top player.

Status
Not open for further replies.