5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

I honestly think Fred is one of the worst players to make 30+ league appearances for the club. Just a downright terrible footballer. Physical presence of a mosquito, slow, weak, poor in the air, awful on the ball, can't play on the half-turn, no goal threat, no passing range....

I mean, look at the reaction from his teammates or the manager in the past when he scores a goal or does something half-useful...it's just a big joke!

GL21

I honestly think Fred is one of the worst players to make 30+ league appearances for the club. Just a downright terrible footballer. Physical presence of a mosquito, slow, weak, poor in the air, awful on the ball, can't play on the half-turn, no goal threat, no passing range....

I mean, look at the reaction from his teammates or the manager in the past when he scores a goal or does something half-useful...it's just a big joke!
So glad there are a number of fans out there on the same wavelength. His support baffles me. Terribly weak link and hopefully he's getting found out.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
No idea what Ten Hag saw in him to try him out in the 10 role. Pretty bizarre considering we had Eriksen playing behind him.

Hoping that performance was the last chance saloon for him. Needs to be indefinitely faded out in place for one of our youngsters and hopefully new midfield signings in future windows.
Well, who'd you rather have with the ball closer to our goal? Fred or Eriksen? There's your answer.

I understand the decision to play him higher. Guy can contribute by winning the ball in the opposition third, especially as Ronaldo is playing up top. He's just too poor on the ball though.

Needs to be moved on. Rather give minutes to Iqbal and Savage.

Man City 6:3 Man Utd

DutchCruijff

Bring this guy back into the XI, please.

One of our better performers last season. Rough start to the season so give him a longer rope - the likes of Fernandes and Sancho and Rashford have stunk out the place for far longer.

Skills

Snitch
I thought he did well when he came on. He plays well in the half spaces - I don't know what the feck ETH was thinking playing him as a 10 in the EL game.

He has the same problem as a 10, that he has a single pivot 6. He doesn't have the 360 awareness to play that role. However put him in a half space and he's fine.

Him, Shaw & Rashford could be a good combo on the left.

Foxbatt

I thought he did well when he came on. He plays well in the half spaces - I don't know what the feck ETH was thinking playing him as a 10 in the EL game.

He has the same problem as a 10, that he has a single pivot 6. He doesn't have the 360 awareness to play that role. However put him in a half space and he's fine.

Him, Shaw & Rashford could be a good combo on the left.
Is Fred playing in a different dimensions? Sorry couldn't help it.

acnumber9

Starting him will never not be a self inflicted handicap. Highlight of the match was his successful tackle on Antony.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Useless. Genuinely the only redeeming factor is he has a good engine.

Real Name

He was OK. Thing is, he takes some strange positions given he's a central midfielder and a Eriksen is certainly more involved in build up play.

RedOrange

A huge improvement over his performance vs Brighton, but it's hard to tell how much of it is just the opposition. Omonia did almost no pressing whatsoever, so he had all the time and space he wanted on the ball, but he made a couple of nice passes, the linkup play was decent and there were no major errors.

It's just going to be 3 pages of people ranting about him being terrible, but we dominated the match and if Ronaldo/Rashford weren't so awful in front of goal the perception of Fred's performance would be better.

Real Name

A huge improvement over his performance vs Brighton, but it's hard to tell how much of it is just the opposition. Omonia did almost no pressing whatsoever, so he had all the time and space he wanted on the ball, but he made a couple of nice passes, the linkup play was decent and there were no major errors.

It's just going to be 3 pages of people ranting about him being terrible, but we dominated the match and if Ronaldo/Rashford weren't so awful in front of goal the perception of Fred's performance would be better.
Yes it's like there's a number of genetic posts about him being awful always going around despite how he plays.

Djemba-Djemba

He's just so so shite.

Offers nothing going forward and he was caught sleeping on the ball 2nd half which led to a rare counter attack.

Really hope this is his last season here.

Marwood

He's a good lad but he's one of those who'd be a smart sale.

If we need to get money in to spend he's right up there as a player to let go.

We don't need him and McTominay.

Did his job. Didn't offer too much as he rarely does when he's not been starting regularly, but we dominated midfield and kept a clean sheet. Two things we've struggled with recently.

Kingofwinners

Just watch that again if you are still making excuses for him, he lost the ball multiple times With poor control, no ability to stand to a physical challenge and generally sloppy passing. He seems a good guy and works hard but you can’t play a possession game with him.

Maybe when we defend deep and need someone to chase around midfield against better teams he has a role but in a game like that he is no addition. He could be a good buy for a bottom half team that sit back and want a high energy pressing midfielder but for us he won’t get us to the next level.

OL29

I love Fred but he’s looked really untidy on the ball this season, even more so than usual.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The problem is Fred has always needed a run of games to get up to speed and be somewhat decent.

As a squad player he'll never get that... So then what?

lex talionis

A bit shambolic today. But rest assured…when we puts on the Brazil shirt in Qatar he’ll run riot over his hapless foes.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Having Fred and Casemiro at the base is probably a bad idea. Although it seems to work with Brazil?

caid

Having Fred and Casemiro at the base is probably a bad idea. Although it seems to work with Brazil?
It'd probably work better against a team that isn't camped inside their own box. Its a bit too defensive and probably better at disrupting the other team than building play for us. So not suited to tonight outside of it giving Eriksen a rest.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It'd probably work better against a team that isn't camped inside their own box. Its a bit too defensive and probably better at disrupting the other team than building play for us. So not suited to tonight outside of it giving Eriksen a rest.
Make sense. Although Brazil usually has the majority of possession, but those two could work also.

mav_9me

I can't believe he starts for Brazil with Casemiro. His passing and movement in midfield (he is fine in final 3rd) is so poor, how do Brazil work? The gulf between Fred and Eriksen is huuuuge.

stevoc

He was ok but the difference between him and Eriksen is night and day and really highlights what we've been working with the last 3-4 years.

Ekeke

He made 94% of his passes today on 54 attempts.
Against a team sitting back and comfortably defending against us. He had a lack of ideas, the same as the other central players but with Casemiro taking on most of the defensive responsibility its on him to help Bruno create.

This is by the way the 6th placed team in the Cypriot league and havent got a single point in the europa league after qualifying. They lost 3-0 at home to Sheriff

Now they defended well, but if you're a mid table premier league player you should be able to show the difference in quality

Status
Not open for further replies.