Fred analyses his improvement: “Carrick has a huge importance in this”

klayton88

Good interview thanks for posting. Player of the season for me.

Snafu17

Fred really likes Garner. I think that's the second time he pointed him out as a great talent.

RUCK4444

I agree player of the season, can’t remember seeing such a night and day improvement in a player.

Carrick and Ole need praise for that. He’s been playing better than we could have wished for when we signed him imo.

0le

Thanks good read.

Interesting comments about James Garner too.

SER19

Redcafe says Carrick is 'gormless' and does nothing.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Surprise nod to Garner. He must be buzzing if he reads this.

Great interview. Fred is obviousy a guy that cares a lot about his personal progress but also that of the team.

Eriku

Definitely the most improved player this season. Love his character, he gets stuck in and seems to desperately want to do well and has been phenomenal for us this season.

Ole’s focus on character and desire to do well for the club and the group has yielded some brilliant results.

Super interesting to note his praise for Garner. I assume the reason he hasn’t had many chances is because centre mid is one of the most essential positions. Considering how Fred’s slip-ups there early on impacted us, I get the inclination to be cautious in putting youngsters in there.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Definitely the most improved player this season. Love his character, he gets stuck in and seems to desperately want to do well and has been phenomenal for us this season.

Ole’s focus on character and desire to do well for the club and the group has yielded some brilliant results.

Super interesting to note his praise for Garner. I assume the reason he hasn’t had many chances is because centre mid is one of the most essential positions. Considering how Fred’s slip-ups there early on impacted us, I get the inclination to be cautious in putting youngsters in there.
Was a Mourinho signing to be fair but Ole and the rest were patient with him, and his improvement has been great. Fair play to the coaches for investing time with him post-training too.

Eriku

Was a Mourinho signing to be fair but Ole and the rest were patient with him, and his improvement has been great. Fair play to the coaches for investing time with him post-training too.
Oops, didn’t mean to imply him being signed by Ole, but he made the cut and was given a lot of chances, when many (most?) of us were to call him a 50 million pound flop.

MyOnlySolskjaer

“Mourinho wanted to move all the youth players from the first-team building back to the under-9-16 area, but the people above him stopped it. We [youth] weren’t allowed in the swimming pool or ice bath area if any of the squad from the first-team were there. It didn’t feel like a team and the first-team players would eat lunch either on their own or in two’s and three’s rather than as a collective.”

This guy ffs. :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This fella has the right attitude. You can see that on the pitch but it’s great to hear more about how he’s worked on his game.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Always comes across like a humble, honest person. I wish him a lot of luck to be the best Brazilian ManUnited player in history :D.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Redcafe says Carrick is 'gormless' and does nothing.
He does look like you could welly him with a piece of wood and he'd barely react.

But no one really has any insight to slate him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

I remember seeing that interview last year, and people reckoned the youth player was... Garner, is it? I can't remember
Does say former youth player, might have been said to protect his identity because the only one that left us that experienced Solskjaer and Mourinho's years were James Wilson, but he didn't experience any of the Mourinho sacking, he was out on loan.

Last edited:

United58

Does say former youth player, might have been said to protect his identity because the only one that left us that experienced Solskjaer and Mourinho's years were James Wilson, but he didn't experience any of the Mourinho sacking, he as out on loan.
Cool, probably was him so. Thanks :)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nemanja Matic quietly over here having better metrics nearly everywhere than Fred. Hope we extend the man, he clearly got football still left in him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid