Fred is one of the most underrated players in England

Zoo

The amount of stick he has had over the years has been laughable.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Our team is the most underrated team in Europe. I don’t know how we have the third most expensive squad in football and fans on here doesn’t expect a premier league or champions league challenge.

On Fred, I have knew this since if you look at post history. The criticism he got never made sense to me.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agreed, he is very good midfielder.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think most of it is how mental his stamina is. When you have endless amounts of energy with the pace over short distances like Fred has, you're always going to be a proper weapon in big matches like these ones.

Machine Elements

He's better than McTominay definitely and should be ahead of him in the pecking order and should also be in the first team. Same can be said for Matic too.

Imo, if we don't get Sancho or any other first team quality RW, then we should play a diamond in midfield with Matic, Fred, Pogba and Bruno. That'd be our best team:

-------------Rashford----------Martial-----------

-----------------------Fernandes--------------------

--------------Pogba-------------Fred---------------

--------------------------Matic------------------------

Shaw--------Maguire--------Bailly------AWB

---------------------------DDG--------------------------

Defensive full-backs may be a problem for us though.
My post from 2 months ago :cool:

Bwuk

He’s good in games like this, but against weaker sides his weaknesses on the ball show.

Litch

Outstanding second half. So much better with Scott next to him. Matic gives him no options on the ball......

fps

He’s good in games like this, but against weaker sides his weaknesses on the ball show.
Pretty much. Good options now in midfield for horses for courses.

MiracleInMadrid

Fantastic in a match like todays. Get in a good deep-lying playmaker in one of the coming transfer windows, and we suddenly have an amazing pool of players for the midfield spots for all types of matches.

rhajdu

He won the ball for Pogba to assist Greenwood. Then he passed the ball to Fernandes to assist Rashford. Then he won back the ball for Martial to earn a penalty.

Falcow

Very good without the ball, no doubt about it. But his passing especially in the first half was really poor
I think he had two assists tonight and 2 pre assists....but yeah he can be sloppy.

He is outstanding though. I said on here last season that he is the best midfielder in league and I stand by that

tjb

You really watched that game and came away with Fred???

It was Mctominay, Rashford and Fernandes that turned that game...Why?..Because Mctominay is far more aggressive than Matic which helped Fred.
He's a good player, good enough for or squad long term too.

Falcow

He won the ball for Pogba to assist Greenwood. Then he passed the ball to Fernandes to assist Rashford. Then he won back the ball for Martial to earn a penalty.
Dont forget the assist to rashford for third

Baxter

His passing was much better in the second half. If he can keep it tidy, he’d be such a good option.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Still laughing at Neville asking what Fred does for £50m. Tosser didn't even give Fred a chance to string a run of games together.

EasyE

It's like having the hybrid equivalent of Mo Farah and a cocker spaniel in your team. Ridiculous energy. Like a puppy chasing a ball in the park. Having that and a skippy Scottish unit with the athleticism of a Royal Marine as a mid centre 2 in a 4231 is an undeniably scary proposition. I mean, the Mighty Ducks bash brothers would even gulp at that.

arnie_ni

He class defensively but hes careless with the ball at times. He tries to speed it up and when the pass sticks it sets us away but he misses quite a bit

drunkmonkmeth

Supports
Toronto FC!
He gets to much stick i agree. People expected too much from his all around game. He does a job defensively has great energy in midfield and presses. His passing is his weakness but if he keeps it simple its fine

Ekeke

"Everybody loves a trier". He's got an engine and works hard. There was plenty he did wrong tonight, caught on the ball several times with pressing and poor passes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
People can’t change their minds that’s why. Because he started slowly, he can never be just a £50m midfielder who is playing like one because he is one. He can only be spoken of in the context of ‘massively improved’ - which is nice, but it isn’t acknowledging that he’s simply a top player. Not some plucky underdog. He’s a £50m midfielder, who was always a top player despite starting slowly. Now he’s just playing like he was bought to play.

He’s a better version of Kanté.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
It's actually annoying how little credit he gets during games. He barely got a mention tonight only when he gave the ball away. Think on commentary they might have even claimed Bruno got his assist. Mctominay came on and did the same sort of job and was getting praised right away

Last edited:

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
He's exaclty what this team needs. Aggressive, never gets tired and is allo over the pitch. Love the effort he gives and the skill getting out of tight spots.

El Zoido

Maybe, but he was garbage in his first season, but credit where due. I think he’s rebuilt his reputation though.

cyberman

If he tried to he less adventurous he would have a fantastic reputation. Trying to be positive unfairly overshadows his work rate and defensive qualities.

el3mel

He's currently our best midfielder by a long margin.

Undroppable for us. So, so important.