Fred | Manchester United Player | For Reals

RedDevil@84

Does this mean Fred gets the no 8??
Is Mata moving out or moving to vacant No 10??

JMack1234

Does this mean Fred gets the no 8??
Is Mata moving out or moving to vacant No 10??

He was no. 8 for Shahktar. Maybe he'll get the no. 8 I very much doubt Mata would be the no. 10 though I don't think Mourinho as anywhere near enough faith in him to give him that.

MonkeysMagic

Pathetic Sky inflation of the deal to £52m ‘rising to £61.2m’ on bonuses whilst everywhere else its been reported as £47m!

Their already low credibility is fast becoming a joke!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Pathetic Sky inflation of the deal to £52m ‘rising to £61.2m’ on bonuses whilst everywhere else its been reported as £47m!

Their already low credibility is fast becoming a joke!
Just wait, soon they will start to include wages for the duration of his contract.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Looks like a good player and he should add depth and balance to the midfield but I don't like the fact that we've signed a doper, I would hope that United have slightly stronger principles than that.
I'm of the opposite view.
To catch MCFC, we need to hire more dopers, so that we can score more goals and win more games.

gr3yham3

He's Fred's agent, time flies.
Yeah I know he is his advisor. Just that it's been a long time since I saw him. That Arsenal midfield with Gilberto and Viera was real tough to play against!

Minimalist

Hope he's good when the season finally gets going. Honestly no opinion of him as I haven't watched enough of him.

But somebody better come up with a good nickname for him - I'm not calling a Brazilian midfielder Fred.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Hope he's good when the season finally gets going. Honestly no opinion of him as I haven't watched enough of him.

But somebody better come up with a good nickname for him - I'm not calling a Brazilian midfielder Fred.
Fredge

el3mel

Maybe they're waiting for Fellaini to leave to give him number 27 ? :nervous: It's the hope that kills.

Fer

Has Fred play in a midfield of 3? The times I saw him play, he always played in a midfield of 2.

el3mel

Has Fred play in a midfield of 3? The times I saw him play, he always played in a midfield of 2.
I said in a transfers forum that I'm thinking of playing Fred and Matic as double pivot, Matic as number 6 and Fred as a box to box while pushing Pogba to number 10 just behind Lukaku. I know people say that's not his favorite position but I think it's best for everyone. In number 10 he'll get freedom to move everywhere and will do the runs to the box he really loves to do. He'll be fully concentrated on attacking job while Fred and Matic play the double pivot part in 4-2-3-1.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I said in a transfers forum that I'm thinking of playing Fred and Matic as double pivot, Matic as number 6 and Fred as a box to box while pushing Pogba to number 10 just behind Pogba. I know people say that's not his favorite position but I think it's best for everyone. In number 10 he'll get freedom to move everywhere and will do the runs to the box he really loves to do. He'll be fully concentrated on attacking job while Fred and Matic play the double pivot part in 4-2-3-1.
I don't think we can clone Pogba.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Castles will probably be the only one in the UK press reporting the fee as euros and not including all bonuses. Sky has already presented the sum directly as pounds.

Fer

I said in a transfers forum that I'm thinking of playing Fred and Matic as double pivot, Matic as number 6 and Fred as a box to box while pushing Pogba to number 10 just behind Lukaku. I know people say that's not his favorite position but I think it's best for everyone. In number 10 he'll get freedom to move everywhere and will do the runs to the box he really loves to do. He'll be fully concentrated on attacking job while Fred and Matic play the double pivot part in 4-2-3-1.
That's a good point. IMO Pogba hasn't been world class in a midfield of 3, so I wouldn't mind to play 4231.

We still need a RW and a LB.
Herrera, Peraira and McTominay could cover Matic-Fred... and Lingard/Mata could cover Pogba if he plays behind Lukaku. Next year, we could go for another CM to rotate in our midfield.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
My goodness, I wish our football matched our intro videos:lol:

Our marketing team are great. Let's hope Fred brings the samba..

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Brilliant announcement video, so many on the Caf wanted this. (Fred (the red))

Stalked by Utd's PR team.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's a good point. IMO Pogba hasn't been world class in a midfield of 3, so I wouldn't mind to play 4231.
Even though we've been using a midfield three, Pogba has still had pretty much all the responsibility on him to set the tempo and control the team around (something he's proven to be inconsistent at doing), as none of our other midfielders have the ability. As such, while the midfield three has covered for him defensively, it made very little difference when we've had the ball. Fred will hopefully be able to take on some of that responsibility himself, allowing Pogba to take on more of a position like he held at Juventus where he was at his best.

That's the idea, anyway. Hopefully it works out like that.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Wait, people enjoyed the mascot thing? :houllier:
C'mon dude, the kids will lap it up on matchday with their dads, (and mums) think it would have been a missed opportunity to at least get our favorite red devil in there.

Spoilsport, meh... :keano:

MarchingOn

Yeah of course, nobody feels the need to be miserable about the club announcing a new player in quite a fun way. I’m sure you’ll give it a good go, though.
Hardly miserable mate just thought it was corny and predictable

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Welcome Fred.

And what a intro vid....if the marketing team was a footballer it would be worth £300m.

Jonno

I like how you think you know all of that.
You like how I think I know what? You know that official means, Manchester United announcements, right? I know that Man United announced at the start of June that they've reached a fee with his club, and then announce nothing for nearly 4 weeks, that means the deal hasn't been completed. For all we know, multiple clubs could have agreed a deal with Fred's club.

It's cringeworthy, especially if the deal had collapsed.

Nevertheless, he's now in the Red Shirt and Manchester United have announced it.

I like how you think you knew that Fred had actually officially signed for United at the start of June. You must be pretty pally with him.