Fred, Matic, Sanchez

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Alexis hasn’t even really been linked with a move away. On those wages he must be in Oles plans. I personally think he is done. I don’t think the group like him and I don’t think he’s fit in well at all. On those wages he should nearly be winning games single handedly with moments of magic. Awful frustrating player.

Fred goes in for Herrera and does much better this year. I think there’s a really good player in there and if he hits the ground running I think we have a new signing basically.

Matic is out for McT and will be a rotation option. Seems like his legs are gone.

So for me just Fred.

I hope we can scrape top 4.

BaneIsPain

Last chance for Fred in my opinion. If not we can sell him for profit next season. Matic will gradually replaced by any youth
Sanchez is done, hopefully we can sell him to China or MLS.

Owngoalscorer

Like a few others, i feel more optimistic about Fred than the others - Matic was good in his opening season - typical Mou purchase to fill a need at a certain moment without much thought for the future. Sanchez - i just feel sorry for and wish he would disappear

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Fred is going to surprise some people this year. He’s a good player. And in a high press system, he will eventually shine. I have faith.

Sanchez can get some reasonable form back and provide depth; but that’s the best you can expect.

Matic is completely done at the top level. Game is too fast for him now.

Marcus

Sanchez can help us if he stays injury-free. He is to our attack what Jones is to our defence. Builds up a head of steam, then gets injured. I really hope Fred performs with more awareness and Matic regains his usual early season good form.

SpyLuke10

Sanchez has been finished for 18 months now, and Matic is finished now too. Fred I definitely am optimistic that he can have a very good and much improved season, unlike the other two he is a lot younger, only 26.

LoCalXT

I still thinm Sanchez can do a job. Just needs to be in the right mind frame. Jose broke the man, didn't bench him when he needed to. And the media ate up his every performance. He looked decent with Chile, and his presssing and work rates suits this system better.

Mr PG

Sanchez is still our best forward. He needs games though and played central.. his movement passing and decision making as well as heading ability is better than both Rashford and Martial. Fred is second only to Pogba and better in big games as evidenced by psg, City and Barcelona games.

El K2k

I have high hopes for Fred, just felt like he wasnt given a fair chance yet as it was only his 1st season. Sanchez and Matic are done.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'm afraid that Matic is well over the top now, although he may pop up now and again in EL games, if we play two or three of the youngsters around him, could see him go in January (hopefully). Sanchez had tiny spells of good football last season, but I'm sure will get games this year, if nothing else to put him in the shop window, possibly the clubs biggest signing disaster. Fred needs to calm down a little, appears to try to hard, and should be able to get more matches this season in his preferred position on the left of midfield. Would start him in the two alongside Scott, with Pogba further forward. Think he will be better this season, but may still have the odd calamitous moment in him, but with Maguire behind, we hopefully will get away with them.

PaulRich

Matic hasn't got the legs to carry him through a full domestic season - effective bench player though. Sanchez hasn't got the legs to play wide, he needs to play up front. I think Fred maybe the surprise package here - we saw glimpses last season but he needs to step up.

Bestietom

None of Fred, Matic, Sanchez should be here still. They are not good enough. We are trailing further and further behind the top teams and others will pass us by also. Spurs and Arsenal have strengthened much better than us this window, and so too has Everton and Wolves who will be challenging for top 4 this year.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sanchez as a number 9 might work, but as a winger he's done.

Matic needs to be benched and used as a rotation option. He's still a body, but not top level.

Fred needs a big year or he will be shipped out also. I actually do like him and I think he will suit our pressing game very well, but he needs to iron out his deficiencies.

Raw

Have Sanchez stay central and he can lessen the pressure on the young lads to score as much as they'll need to. If he can get ~15 goals this season it'd be a huge help. If he's out wide, he's done. Seen enough of him there to know he just can't cut it there.

Fred at his best looks like a brilliant replacement for Herrera, the problem is we don't see it enough. Get him consistent and we can have a midfield of Fred and McTominay with Pogba as a #10, which would really strengthen our midfield.

As for Matic, shit, I don't know. He looks done. But if somehow he manages to grow new legs then he and McTominay can rotate and bolster our midfield selection.

Overall, we'd be 4th if they're all back to their best as both our defensive and attacking stats will improve. I just severely doubt it'll happen.

Mercurial

Last chance for Fred in my opinion. If not we can sell him for profit next season. Matic will gradually replaced by any youth
Sanchez is done, hopefully we can sell him to China or MLS.
He won't go, we are royally compensating him to stay in European football for no counter effort. He seem to have some type of social or mental issue viewing from the outside on top of a huge loss of hunger/ambition. As for his national duty I doubt he will suffer, they will paint him the victim part on home turf and he will still play games for Chile NT. I sadly get the feeling we are stuck with him for the long haul.

settembrini

Fred and Matic are competing for the same position with McTominay, one of the two deep midfielders alongside Pogba. I'm optimistic about Fred improving this year and pessimistic about Matic.

With Sanchez we need to accept he's no longer a winger. Playing him there is like playing Mata as a winger because he simply cannot beat his man, his legs have gone. Although really it's worse than Mata because he losses the ball so much more. Use him through the middle, as cover for the #9 and #10 position. In that role and against easy enough opposition he might perform well enough to get someone interested in him, although that's probably too optimistic.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
If these three perform better this season how do we see things panning out for the club?

I'm not saying they will, I'm simply saying if we can get more from each of the above where does that leave us.
We *may* get an improvement out of Fred but he fundamentally is not very good and pissed around during pre season instead of getting his head down

Matic and Sanchez have both run their races, they are done in

Sanchez will not play much at all but worryingly Matic will harm us from the starting line up every week

ruairifionnan

Sanchez is done , Matic is a 20 minute sub option and Fred is not PL standard .

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

They would provide us with the necessary depth any squad needs and they would help us in the fight for a place in the top-four. Perhaps, even give us a better shot at the cups with their experience being a factor in knock-out games.

As things stand, none among them is considered a first team regular in my book. In the midfield, McTominay & Pogba seem to be Ole's picks. Matic is the second choice holding midfielder and Fred will take Herrera's role as the go-to player whenever Pogba isn't available. As for Alexis, my belief is that he will be used as a false #9 more than anything else. His high wages deem him unmoveable and there's also Martial from whom we have to get something this season. Maybe this explains the half-arsed attempts to get a replacement for Lukaku.

The key thing is experience. It's quite possible that McTominay and Martial won't be consistent throughout the season. It would be nice to know that seasoned veterans with tonnes of experience can be relied upon to keep us going. And as much as i respect Herrera, i can't blame Ole for thinking that Pogba's sub/second choice should be someone with the proclivity to move the ball through the lines and not a ball-winning midfielder. If only Fref lives up to the challenge.

Tactically, a reliable Matic can be very important because he could provide us with the better options for a three-man midfield either in the 4231 or a 433. With him at the base of the midfield, there are all sorts of tactical variations we can use with McT, Fred and Pogba. In a similar fashion, if Sanchez manages to play at 80% of his Arsenal days, he will instantly become our best player on the ball in the spaces between the lines.

In the end, it's the same thing with these three (and the likes of Mata and Lingard) as it is with the academy players. Too much hope and good faith that most things will pan out well. There's only a certain amount of things a manager can improve with his philosophy. We are going into next seaon with a new and better plan but also with too many risks regarding a lot of players. It shouldn't be like this but here we are...

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sanchez's body is breaking down. Playing him out wide can't be an option anymore, it's #9 or bust. Matic looks completely shot. Fred is the only one who could realistically become decent for us, but even that I'm not optimistic on.

MAME DIOUF 32

We're now in a position where we probably need all three to have good seasons. Not likely.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I fully expect Fred to be better, overall just fine. Don't expect much from Matic and Sanchez, it all comes down to if he can remain fit which I just don't think he can.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
This many replies & no one is really answering the question - probably means the question isn't the right one.

Instead most are here to state their opinion on which of the 3 are past it. (Sanchez - done, Matic - nearly done, Fred - not suited for EPL imo)

Anyway, re your question, if all 3 perform, we're looking at 3rd place comfortably.

Cloud7

Matic and Sanchez are done, but there’s no reason why we can’t get something useful out of Fred.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm still hopeful on Sanchez and Fred. But Matic to me is done.

tjb

If Fred stepped up and became the player we thought he was before he came here, we would not be too concerned about the potential,but unlikely, Pogba departure. He's the one I'm looking at to adapt to the league. In addition, he suite the pressing style that we are using at the moment. All his skills suggest that he should be such a useful player for us, but his positioning and lack of touch show that he still has issues with the speed of the game in england. He is one to watch for.

As a side note, how would Fred look in an attacking midfield position.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sanchez should leave immediately, he is complete waste of money and squad space, our worst ever transfer, biggest flop ever in Old Trafford. To cut our loss short, we should just pay half of his wages and find him a club who is willing to take him for free.

Matic should retired, he has loss his legs and is nothing but deadwood.

Fred so far has been disappointing, but we should give him 1 more season to prove himself. If he is still shite, no more excuse, he need to go as well.

lysglimt

Scout
Fred reminds me of a guy jumping on a trampoline Indoors. He does well and gets more pace and eventually he bumps his head in the ceiling and has to start again. Repeat! Repeat! Repeat!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Fred is the only one who can.

Matic and Sanchez are both finished. The sooner it's accepted, the better.
Agreed. Actually we kind of rely on Fred taking a step up this season since we are so thin in MF. Matic i guess can be used as a sub against the lesser teams when Pogba needs a rest, but Sanchez can rot in the stands for all i care. Dont want to see him on the pitch ever again

nameischarles

Really need Fred to perform this season so he can be useful in the midfield rotation. Matic can be relegated to cup games or as a sub to relieve Pogba/McT. Sanchez probably the same will be relegated to cup games and as a sub.

Nakhon Phanom

Matic is done for.... his legs have gone... might be a useful loan player for Salford in League 2 though.
Sanchez, if hes played has to be as a central striker. If he's even 80% the player he was at Arsenal that would be great, but will that happen.... doubtful.
Fred if he plays to his potential could be an important player for us as we are short of decent midfielders.

prateik

This is Matic's final year.. we have an option to extend it by a year.. Do we think it'll happen?