Fredge | Deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Or somewhere else:

He explained people from Manchester City spoke to his agent, and that the offer was still there, only failing to materialise in January because he couldn’t play in the Champions League.

However, the Shakhtar star made it very clear that he wasn’t obsessed with the idea of playing for Pep Guardiola, revealing he would be “happy” to play for the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal if they came along.

Well, that claim has now been backed up by the Ukrainian side’s CEO, Sergei Palkin, who gave an interview to Corriere dello Sport on Tuesday.

He said: “Fred isn’t already at Manchester City, but he will surely leave in June. If not to City, then Manchester United. He’s ready for the next stage, because as well as being good, he’s also very professional. If he asked us to stay another year, we’d let him.”

So that suggests Manchester United have expressed their interest in the 25-year-old, which would make sense considering their need for a midfielder.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/ceo-confirms-man-united-interest-midfielder-player-reveals-man-city-offer/

Chris60

Makes it's sound like we're a second choice to City...don't like that

TsuWave

as would most players. let the media tell it though, and every player has an obsession with playing under guardiola

Cliche Guevara

I thought that at first, but he hasn’t accepted their offer by the looks of things.

Perhaps he’s keeping his options wide open, or he’s just trying to pressure City into offering improved terms.

He seems a decent enough player, so if City have offered him a contract and he signs for United then he’s chosen us over them.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Is there Anyone here who watches Shaktar A lot who can give some detail on Fred ? What kind of player he is strengths and weaknesses I have heard many rumors about him and I know Shaktar tend to have A lot of Brazilian talent in their ranks.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Article is from deadline day in the last window. Makes sense now...

Sanche7

Can anyone please give a proper scout report on this guy?
Is he a powerful all action B2B with a very good shot on him as he appears in most videos or is he a DM like Matic but a bit more mobile?

Sigma

Not everyone thinks the same way. Some players would prefer City to United, nothing really wrong with that.

prath92

Eerily reminded of Sanchez denials from city after Di Marzio linked him to us

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Fred shows 'interest' in United, and now apparently City have 'pulled out'. Textbook move to save face.

RedCurry

From a scale of excellent to Bakayoko, how good is this guy? He'd be a backup for De Bruyne for city if that scoutnation video is anything to go by.

SportingCP96

Supports
This seems to be one of the lesser talented Shaktar teams compared to those of the past. Teams that had Douglas costa, Miki, Fernandinho, Alex Texeira and Willian. To my Understanding their star players now are, Marlos who won player of the season for them last year, Fred, And Ferreyra who is their top goal scorer and could not get a game in for Newcastle. The talent seems far less then of the ones they have had previously. Does anyone else who follows this team more so then I do have the same idea or ?

Sanche7

Judging from that rather long video alone he seems like a high energy midfielder with good technique, good long range passing, good shot often making some good runs from the midfield.
He could be a good B2B option for us

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Never seen him play.
Someone who has watched him should give a description and rate how good he is.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We need some comments from City fans. I'm sure they were hyping him up during the last couple of months.

Charles Miller

He is a very good midfielder. Was named to the nt yesterday. They play 4-2-3-1 and he is one of the double-pivot. I dont think will sign a short midfielder.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m up for it. We need a central midfielder of his profile.

Acole9

Outstanding
If what he said in the OP is true then he can do one.

SportingCP96

Supports
His size isn’t much of an issue I think in a 4-2-3-1 formation like the one his team runs he would be a great fit in the mold of an N’Golo Kante he seems to have good feet and technical ability as do most Brazilians but if he can add an end product more often especially with his obviously powerful shot he can maybe be someone too consider but at 25 he should be snagged up now if Mourinho m sees he has adequate quality’s to play for United.

bebeanderson

He reminds me of Essien. He can cover ground and steal balls, can also pass, shoot and isn’t terrible under pressure.

Nick.

I'm seeing people say he's a box to box and others ay Guardiola wanted him to be a holding midfielder in front of the defense. Which is it?

bebeanderson

I'm seeing people say he's a box to box and others ay Guardiola wanted him to be a holding midfielder in front of the defense. Which is it?
He’s not a classical holding player, he comes deep when in posession. Without it he’s more of a “hunter” than a positional guy.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
All the reports when he was linked with City had him as Fernandinho's heir, although he seems a bit more offensive minded than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.