Fred's upturn in performances

Sterling Archer

Meteoric is the best way to describe it. Him and McTominay in the middle, they've been very good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When you think of it, it’s not THAT shocking that a £50m player looks a lot better in his second season.

Bwuk

I’ll be honest I’ve been very vocal on how little I’ve rated him, but he’s been excellent the last two games.

Seems to suit playing on the counter vs play making.

Hip Hop

Not really surprised by his last performances. You could see his true abilities against PSG away and Barca at home.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ole said Pogba's injury means it's a chance for Fred, Fred had taken his chances.

His work rate is fantastic and he plays good forward passes. When Pogba is back, he should play as attacking mid, with Fred and McTominay as midfielders. We still need either a good back up or a good starting CM though. Can't replay on 2 players for all season.

Irwin99

Massive upturn definitely. Long may it continue. Finally seems to have adjusted to the pace of the game which was always the biggest problem I felt.

RedCurry

He’s gone from being Mkhitryan to Kante in matter of few games. Fair play to him.

Amarsdd

I remember Roy Keane talking about playing in the United midfield two in his time here. None of the two was a DM or AM, both were CM. Both do the defensive work and each of them join in on the attack such that one is covering for the other. Fred and McTominay parternship resembles that sort of a midfield partnership. I think that suits Fred a lot more than when he's playing with Pogba or Andreas where he mainly has to focus on the defensive part.

flappyjay

Fair play to him for not getting disheartened and working hard to prove his worth

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
His energy level is insane. He's been playing non-stop for how many close games in a row?
His brainfarts are finally stopping which is a relief, starting to look decent. More of the same Fred.
I think these two are linked.

Last season he looked so far off the pace and was gassed so quickly in every game he played.

Now he looks like Park Ji Sung.

When you're knackered you don't think clearly and you don't want the ball either so you try and get rid as quickly as possible.

Can't help but feel he's upped his fitness levels hugely and playing regularly has helped with his sharpness.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Check the why are we not starting Fred thread. In particular my post. I always had belief in his ability and never understand why he was not starting before. It took some injuries to get him into his team which I don’t understand.
Like wise.. always been in my “our strongest 11” type threads. Just needed time to adapt to EPL and new, less attacking , role.

A CM 3 of Mctomminay, Fred and Pogba would be amazing with each on form. Can see Fred becoming like Herrera, a battler whose also good attacking wise

pacifictheme

Yeah really pleased. You could see his talent but it just wasn't happening. Needs to keep it up now.

ReddBalls

Two good games in row now...
Long may it continue...
He has played well since Liverpool, but he was not able to compencate for Pereira against Villa and Sheffield. No one could probably do that to be fair.

Cliche Guevara

I always liked him and felt he was very harshly judged in games he had played well but made a bit of an obvious error.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Two? Man he's been great for the last 6 or 7 games.
Well no, but certainly the last 6 or 7 with Mctominay beside him. Options are light at the moment I know but the fact that he's rendered himself undroppable is great credit to the guy. I'm loving him at the moment.

Gasolin

Take my word back regarding to whoever recommended Fred need to be sacked. Whoever he is, deserves a bonus pay rise.
McKenna wanted Fred based on some CL games against City and he praised how Fred disrupted City's play. Or something like that.

Robertd0803

I think its because of McTominay and him complementing each other very well. The run of games and confidence was much needed. Long may it continue.

Castia

Confidence

He could never get the confidence to do well, he’d be in and out of the side every week. Probably his first real run of games in a United shirt since joining.

red_de_pologne

So, so happy with him, I remember his first few performances and he showed he's always looking for a forward pass, then he obviously faded, but you could see he can be a good player and it's great to see he's establishing himself as a top player

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Chuffed to bits for him. Glad he's playing more comfortably; lately, he's been reading the game well.