Fred's upturn in performances

Irrational.

I was convinced he was on the way out, but boy has he proved me wrong. Sincerely hope he can keep this up.

The biggest U-turn by a midfielder since Gerrard returned to Liverpool after he saw his own fans burning his shirt upon hearing about his transfer request and imminent move to Chelsea.

Mainoldo

Keeps this up he’ll need to change his name to Fredinho.

Only guy that’s been consistent even against Sheffield and Villa.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Deserves all the praise he's getting!
Shame when he has a dip the praise will be forgotten and he'll go back to being one of the worst signings we've ever made blah blah blah

Question for me now is how does Pogba get back in? Pogba ain't a 10 and he don't deserve to to take Fred's place as the 6

Mainoldo

Shame when he has a dip the praise will be forgotten and he'll go back to being one of the worst signings we've ever made blah blah blah

Question for me now is how does Pogba get back in? Pogba ain't a 10 and he don't deserve to to take Fred's place as the 6
Stop being silly. We give Pogba the free role which he should have anyway. Just what we are missing. Pace, creativity and strength.

UncleBob

:lol: :lol:

dogwithabone

Done great. I still think there’s a bit more to come though in terms of getting fully acclimatised to the PL but he’s definitely getting there.

Fair play to him.

wolvored

What you have to remember is he isnt a young £10/20 million player we picked up, he was a 25 £50 odd million international, who should have at least been playing to this level when he was bought. Lets hope now he develops into an even better player. He suits McT and with a better AM (Pogba if he isnt sold in jan, or ideally a new signing) in front of the pair of them we could still get that 4th spot.

Red_Aaron

Happy to give him his due, was excellent against spurs and City

I think we're too quick to write off players nowadays, just because you're a footballer doesn't mean you're immune to the problems people face when moving to a new country, being able to communicate with your teammates is pretty important

Mr PG

Fans who been abusing Fred obviously want to pretend he just improved but some of us have been seeing his great performances since psg last season. Been saying since last season Fred and McTominay are our best midfield

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Just don't put him besides Pereira in a midfield 2.

Feck, even Carrick would look bad besides Pereira.

Nori-

Anderson 2.0

While he's playing at a decent level, try and get as much of his transfer fee back as possible in January before he goes back to being awful.

Aresma7

Fred has started to show up recently. I’m very impressed of how conscious he is in the defensive play

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Pogba as the most advanced midfielder was great under Ole last year. That's where he'll go IMO. But also some nice depth with Lingarf rotating in now.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Anderson 2.0

While he's playing at a decent level, try and get as much of his transfer fee back as possible in January before he goes back to being awful.
So you want us to sell one of the midfielders that has started showing up, for like 20m because nobody will be paying more than that in January, and then trust this board who will do well to get even one player in with the budget to get another top quality midfielder?

red thru&thru

Pogba has to earn his place back. Start him on the bench and start him in games like AZ & Colchester.

Anyhow, for me, Pogba needs to play in the no 10 and not in midfield.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Pogba has to earn his place back. Start him on the bench and start him in games like AZ & Colchester.

Anyhow, for me, Pogba needs to play in the no 10 and not in midfield.
It would be great for us for Pogba to fit-in smoothly with Fred and McT in a №10 position (which we have no good players for currently), but can Pogba actually do it?

According to Nicky Bandini, an Italian football expert who’s studied Pogba since his Juventus days:

“Both Max Allegri and Laurent Blanc tried him as a No. 10, and it didn’t work…”

“That was actually a huge talking point at the start of last season in Italy because Pogba took on Juve’s No. 10 shirt and was briefly tried out behind the attack before Allegri decided it was a terrible idea. If you want to get the best out of him, you need to let him play box-to-box. He can’t do that as a No. 10, and he can’t do it as one of the two deep-lying midfielders, either.”

red thru&thru

It would be great for us for Pogba to fit-in smoothly with Fred and McT in a №10 position (which we have no good players for currently), but can Pogba actually do it?

According to Nicky Bandini, an Italian football expert who’s studied Pogba since his Juventus days:
Mmm, maybe he can, maybe he can't. It has been a few years since his Juve days, so they could try again. But all I'm saying is, for now, wherever he is decided to be played, he has to earn his position back. If Ole guarantees him a start, which I doubt, there should be an uproar.

By the way, I like Pogba. I'm not one calling for his head. But I'm sure as hell saying he needs to earn his place back, like any other player should.

RedDevilUnited369

I’d like to think Carrick has been working closely with him and McSauce. Something is working and long may it continue.

NewGlory

Mmm, maybe he can, maybe he can't. It has been a few years since his Juve days, so they could try again. But all I'm saying is, for now, wherever he is decided to be played, he has to earn his position back. If Ole guarantees him a start, which I doubt, there should be an uproar.

By the way, I like Pogba. I'm not one calling for his head. But I'm sure as hell saying he needs to earn his place back, like any other player should.
Yeah, 100%. Would be great if he can complement Fred and McT, in whatever position.

SteveW

He played as the most advanced in a 3 when Ole first joined and he absolutely smashed it. Just play him there. Simples.

SteveW

Himself and McTominay have won 6 of their last 7 together. Shame Scotty got injured and stopped our run of good form. We need proper backups.

Rajma

I’m so happy for him as even I who long been defending Fred on this board started to have doubts that he’ll ever come good.

Judas

Open to offers
He still makes me nervous, and I still think he has a lot of moments where I'm watching him through my fingers, but its clear as day there has been an improvement. He looks a hell of a lot more comfortable and confident.

RUCK4444

I’ve long said it was such a shame he didn’t look like he was going to make it here because I always thought we would look a different team with his type of player on song.

He’s excellent at winning and playing through the lines to setup counterattacks, doesn’t fold under pressure, this has meant he has lost the ball in dangerous areas at time’s but we don’t really have a player like that in the side other than Pogba.

We need more players who are press resistant in order to keep possession and have other options rather than purely counterattacking against the bigger sides.

robinrooney

Himself and Mctominah are bossing things. When Pogba returns, shift Pogba into the attacking MF/false 10.
Agree with this, if Pogba ever returns.

Have to admit that I thought Fred would not make it and we had been sold a dud but his last 2 performances have proven me wrong. My MOTM in both games.

Pereira is shit though, seen enough of him. Imagine we had bought Bruno Fernandes to play in the AM role with Fred/McT behind?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Anderson 2.0

That's the spirit, Nori. We should do the same with Rashford, the fraud.

matsdf

Not that I in any way predicted his current form, but is it really surprising that the Brazilian who played his last 5 seasons in Ukraine took some time to settle?

I worry a bit about this. Fred and McT are at their best covering lots of ground and playing quick passing football. Pogba likes to hold the ball and run with it. Hes clearly best as one of a flat 3 but will he disrupt the other two?

cyril C

When Pogba starts it will be 433, so a #10 to be taken off, such as Lingard. Our weakest link is backup to McTom, if and when Matic returns.

ReddBalls

Ole stated in the press conference before the city game that Pogba will go straight back in when he's fit. There's no way he will disrupt McT and Fred after their performances together since Liverpool, and given that Pogba played as the most advanced midfielder until Herrrerra got injured under Ole last year, i'd say it's evident he will play in a free role between McFred and the strikers. Ole has also stated numerous times that he wants to build his team around Pogba, which would further indicate a free offensive role.

I believe the reason he played Pogba in a more defensive role earlier was the lack of alternatives while Fred was working on his fitness and english.

pablotatt

He was absolutely abysmal against Villa. Scott comes back into the team and he looks completely different.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s been great, and it’s not a shock at all that he’s improved. Also guys, Pogba won’t be kept out of the team when he’s fit, sorry. The manager himself said as much in his last PC. This should be good news though, as he’s a lot better than Lingard and Pereira (Mata doesn’t even count at this point).

UncleBob

Agree with this, if Pogba ever returns.

Have to admit that I thought Fred would not make it and we had been sold a dud but his last 2 performances have proven me wrong. My MOTM in both games.

Pereira is shit though, seen enough of him. Imagine we had bought Bruno Fernandes to play in the AM role with Fred/McT behind?
:lol:

NewGlory

I worry a bit about this. Fred and McT are at their best covering lots of ground and playing quick passing football. Pogba likes to hold the ball and run with it. Hes clearly best as one of a flat 3 but will he disrupt the other two?
Pogba is one of world's greatest at making long through passes. I am sure he can help us without running around and jesting all the time but it will take a great coach and smart, custom-fit-for-pogba system for us to figure this out. Deschamps nailed where to fit him in the squad he had. We should as well