Fred's upturn in performances

bdecuc

It was a tiny sample size but a really important one - that game away to PSG. Up against a technically superior side and under immense pressure both Fred and McTominay came out with great credit in how they played that night. That was important evidence I think that it was in there somewhere with both of them. After that it was about having patience and trust (and luck!!) that both would eventually start to show that performance level on a more regular basis. And not listening to people making rushed judgements and being too quick to write-off.

gza the genius

He's basically been getting better and better since Ole took over, he was very good in quite a few games in our initial winning streak immediately after Mourinho was sacked. It was obvious then that he had some potential and he's now finally adding some consistency to it. It's sortve baffling that some people are acting like the last two games are the only two times he's played well.

red thru&thru

No Pogba is gona walk back straight into the line up. Some of you are talking as of we're stucked with quality in midfield to bench Pogba. We're still playing Lingard or Perreira in our midfield and Pogba is still a better player than anyone in that midfield. The only reason Pogba would start from the bench upon his return would be to get him back slowly, not because he has to earn or prove that he's a better player than Lingard or Perreira or anyone in that midfield for that matter.

We'll simply tweek our formation to a 433, it'll suit everyone and especially all our best players.

By who? He'll be coming in straight for Lingard or Perreira which is fair and I'd think most people would want to see. Neither Lingard or Perreira have earned the right to be outraged or throw a tantrum when they get displaced by a better player.
No, you earn your spot in the team. You don't just walk in, especially after 3 months and after the past 2 performances.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Probably the biggest plus to come out of Pogbas injury is Fred getting a lot of game time. He looks the sort of player that needs a consistent run in the team to find his confidence. He's nothing like the player we got used to when he was playing a bit part and Pogbas injury has given him that chance. Now Ole has it easy deciding where to play Pogba when/if he returns. Fred should be one of the first names on the team sheet now.

cyril C

He was absolutely abysmal against Villa. Scott comes back into the team and he looks completely different.
Fred is never a DMF and putting Perriera next to him is asking him to do everything on his own. Don't put Pogba next to him without a DMF neither.

simplyared

He has to do a lot more before I'm convinced tbh. A lot of stats being put forward here. Agree he dosen't win so many tackles. He lost possession against City which could have resulted in them scoring in a crucial part of the game. Also I cannot see a goal in him. Up to now I'd put him at Anderson level.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I do know, thats why I said it. What would be the point of not knowing and then saying he didnt manage to be a ball winner against City? :houllier:

He made 1 interception, 0 tackles and 0 clearances while McTominay made 3 interceptions, 3 tackles and 4 clearances
I'm not sure about Fred's defensive contribution from those stats for the City game, I had a rewatch of his performance highlights and I think I found more defensive contributions than he's been given credit for, although I'm not 100% on the definitions of tackles and interceptions in this context.

2:12 - Tackle
2:32 - Interception
3:23 - Tackle/Interception
3:31 - Interception (although that's probably pushing it)

Untd55

He should have had two assists. He was pivotal to our counter-attacking play. In fact, he started most of them.

The stats are also wrong. It says he made 0 tackles, which is completely wrong. I just watched highlights in which he made two. If those stats are wrong, how many of the other stats are wrong.

I don't know why people put so much into stats. It does not reflect the circumstances.

E.g. The dribble start will say 1 for him beating two players, but it does not take into consideration that it led to the penalty.