Free transfer galore from January and onwards

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Barca should throw a tonne of the money they were gonna spend on Coutinho at Isco as a signing on fee; the Iniesta replacement they desperately need going in to the next era.

RoyH1

Madrid has Isco, Llorente and Achraf becoming free in 2018. Yes, there's all this talk of them signed, but until there's an official communique, nothing is set in stone.If Isco were to be a free agent he'd be the biggest catch after Messi.

RoyH1

Barca should throw a tonne of the money they were gonna spend on Coutinho at Isco as a signing on fee; the Iniesta replacement they desperately need going in to the next era.
I think it's not so much a question of money, as of leadership and project. Since Bartomeu took over, Barsa has been fumbling. I think Messi is waiting to see how things play out with him.

Pavl3n

I expect most of these players to sign new deals soon but with the way transfer fees have exploded recently I will not be surprised if a few of them run their contracts down and get incredible deals from their new clubs. Players like Sanchez or Ozil are worth £50m or more in the market, they can comfortably get clubs to pay them ridiculous salary well above £10m a year, probably even £20m, because that saves them the massive transfer fee they would have otherwise needed to pay. Football will be moving toward players running their deals down anyway, I feel.

Messi is a £200m player. I will be surprised if his next deal is not worth close to that, be it at Barcelona or anywhere else.
I think it's we'll possible, especially with those players hungry for money. I am sure some of them are looking at Zlatan and his sign on fee. They won't have to put in transfer requests and being denied transfer move from the club. We might see them signing shorter deal - 3 years instead of 4 or 5.

He's about as free as the BPITW gets. You still get a signing on bonus with a normal transfer also.
Yes, but the difference in the bonus is drastic.

AlexUTD

How do you explain his current City side then?
He took over one of the best squads in england, that he is bad at buying players is not my fault.

He is so overrated it is funny. Hardly any huge achievement to win with Barcelona with Messi and co. Then he takes over Bayern the treble winners including winning CL but he does worse than his predecessor. He spent ALOT of money with world class squads and it continues in City.

He has spent much more than Mourinho for example and Pep took a year off football.

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
The fact that Messi has less than 1 year contract left really shows how incompetent Barça's board is.

RooneyLegend

One thing I've been thinking lately:

He is seeing his team slowly but surely fall apart around him, seemingly getting a bit weaker every season (while their greatest rivals get stronger). If he stays at Barca but Real Madrid keep winning everything, he won't be winning the Ballon d'Or again. With Ronaldo almost certain to win the 2017 Ballon d'Or, that brings him level with Messi at 5 each. With Real Madrid looking like they will be the stronger team over the next few years, there is suddenly a distinct possibility that come the end of their careers Ronaldo will have won more than him, which significantly hurts Messi's legacy of GOAT. As such there is a possibility Messi may want to get out and start somewhere else so he won't be in direct competition with Ronaldo and the Real Madrid machine, which could boost his chances of winning more Ballon d'Ors as long as he leads his new team to the league title and minimum semi-final of CL.

Ultimately I think he will stay at Barca, but I am starting to wonder...
Wouldn't take too much for Barca to recover, they are still closer to Madrid than any side not named PSG. He'll stay put for his legacies state of what's happening with Argentina is anything to go by.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Does Messi's contract really expire in the summer? I was trying to find info on it but everything seems to say he's got a deal until 2012, I'd be amazed if he only has 9 months left given he seems to sign a new contract every year...

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Beggars can't be choosers.
We shall have to make do with Messi.
If he improves, maybe he'll get to play in our first team. :p

Sparky10Legend

How many times!

Barca can't MAKE Messi sign, please stop with the "how have they allowed it to happen" crap.

wolvored

Isco is about to sign a new contract according to Marca. I'm not sure what our plans are with Mata. I can't see him being our first choice winger next season. But it will be silly to release a player like Mata for free.
I dont know. I can see him being let go.

manutddjw

There's no way Messi leaves on a free. Despite all he's done, if he left for free, Barcelona fans wouldn't forgive him despite all he's done for them. He'd be throwing away his legacy, much like RVP did coming here. Not to say he won't leave, but it would be one of those situations where he signs a deal with the understanding that he'd be allowed to leave just not on a free.

poacher

Pay Messi 750 a week, and its done. He's ours, finally.
I have heard good things about Messi but not sure if we want players from pub leagues like Spain, Germany, France, Italy. We should go for premiership proven players like Ross Barkley. Not sure if Messi could handle the physicality of playing against Stoke in the dead of winter. Might be a good bench player though for when Fellaini or Lingard need a break.

Devil81

I'd 100% give Ozil a go at United. His ability is for all to see, maybe he needs a manager like Mourinho to get the best out of him.

ghagua

Messi is almost certain to sign with Barcelona again, but the news about Messi's father signing the contract on behalf of Messi and the Barcelona chief Bartomeu announcing that is comedy gold of the highest level, or they are the biggest idiots in the world.

NoPace

Madrid has Isco, Llorente and Achraf becoming free in 2018. Yes, there's all this talk of them signed, but until there's an official communique, nothing is set in stone.If Isco were to be a free agent he'd be the biggest catch after Messi.
Isco is staying, but we should absolutely go after Llorente. Excellent player, very mobile for a DM. Though I imagine if he left Madrid it would be for a nailed on starting spot. If Wenger were still alive he'd be a fine signing for them and a great one for Liverpool or Spurs.

Ghoulam is supposed to be close to a new contract but he's so good going forward I'd be excited if we signed him as next year's surely inevitable Shaw challenger.

NYAS

Isco is staying, but we should absolutely go after Llorente. Excellent player, very mobile for a DM. Though I imagine if he left Madrid it would be for a nailed on starting spot. If Wenger were still alive he'd be a fine signing for them and a great one for Liverpool or Spurs.

Ghoulam is supposed to be close to a new contract but he's so good going forward I'd be excited if we signed him as next year's surely inevitable Shaw challenger.
Where did you hear that Ghoulam was close to extending? Would have loved him here if Shaw doesn't work out.

Devil81

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Messi signed for City. There has to be a reason the Spanish league are so against the money clubs, surely they've caught wind of a deal that could seriously damage their league's potential sponsorship.

Messi leaving would be a disaster for them, they've been damaged by Neymar this summer, I doubt they will want that to happen again.

Flytan

I don't want Messi to sign for City because it would finally end all doubts about them being a small club. Never hear the end of it from their friends.

That being said I'd love Messi in the PL simply to hurt La Liga. Can he join Stoke or something?

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Good players available-
Messi - Stays
Ozil- United
Sanchez- Real madrid/man city
Gimenez -United
Miranda - Dont care
Herrera - 1 year extension
Mata- Stays

Subotic - Liverpool?/Stays
Younis (ajax) - Decent talent maybe portugese clubs or Athletico
Young - Leaves on a free

Ribery - Stays/back to marseille
Robben - Stays/ holland
Lucas Lima - ???
Ben arfa - Back to Nice
Luan - ???
Asamoah kwadwao - ???
Vela - ???
Badelj Milan - ???
Oguzhan Özyakup -Think arsenal and Leicestor were linked, Looks a good player maybe worth a punt.
Barkley - Spurs
De vrij - ??
Shaw - Stays
Fernandinho - Back to Brazil
Yaya toure - Bakery
Ghoulam - Good left back, maybe option for us
Cabaye - Doesnt matter
Max meyer - ???
Bernard - ????
Moutinho - Should stay at monaco or go back to sporting
Fellaini - Stays:devil:
Balotelli- Dont care
Blind - Stays here

United Pro

Good players available-
Messi - Stays
Ozil- United
Sanchez- Real madrid/man city
Gimenez -United
Miranda - Dont care
Herrera - 1 year extension
Mata- Stays

Subotic - Liverpool?/Stays
Younis (ajax) - Decent talent maybe portugese clubs or Athletico
Young - Leaves on a free

Ribery - Stays/back to marseille
Robben - Stays/ holland
Lucas Lima - ???
Ben arfa - Back to Nice
Luan - ???
Asamoah kwadwao - ???
Vela - ???
Badelj Milan - ???
Oguzhan Özyakup -Think arsenal and Leicestor were linked, Looks a good player maybe worth a punt.
Barkley - Spurs
De vrij - ??
Shaw - Stays
Fernandinho - Back to Brazil
Yaya toure - Bakery
Ghoulam - Good left back, maybe option for us
Cabaye - Doesnt matter
Max meyer - ???
Bernard - ????
Moutinho - Should stay at monaco or go back to sporting
Fellaini - Stays:devil:
Balotelli- Dont care
Blind - Stays here
The players we should be interested in from this list are: Messi (not leaving imo), Ozil, Sanchez, Gimenez, Robben and Ghoulam. I'd also add Goretzka, Chilellini, Cazorla and perhaps take a risk on Wilshire if he proves himself this season.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I don't want Messi to sign for City because it would finally end all doubts about them being a small club. Never hear the end of it from their friends.

That being said I'd love Messi in the PL simply to hurt La Liga. Can he join Stoke or something?
City cannot be called a small club after they won the league twice in the last decade or so. They're a big club... just not as big as us.

I would love to see Messi with them and still see them win nothing. Plus I want to see our players go against Messi!

Luke1995

Would be a better signing than Zlatan (if he can replicate even half of his liverpool days)
No, he would not, and I say this as a big fan of his. the pace is mainly gone and he does not possess the aerial threat or physical strenght of Zlatan(Even if in his prime he used to score many headers goals.) What he would bring here is a great work rate. but he would never come here, Liverpool fans wouldn't forgive him and Mourinho sure as heel don't want him as he kicked him out of chelsea.

beingshe7don

City cannot be called a small club after they won the league twice in the last decade or so. They're a big club... just not as big as us.

I would love to see Messi with them and still see them win nothing. Plus I want to see our players go against Messi!
Messi won't leave Barcelona but if there's any chance of Messi leaving, I would go all in for him. His speed or agility hasn't really diminished and his appetite for goals has been consistent as always. Would do all whatever it takes to prevent City from signing him.

beingshe7don

I have heard good things about Messi but not sure if we want players from pub leagues like Spain, Germany, France, Italy. We should go for premiership proven players like Ross Barkley. Not sure if Messi could handle the physicality of playing against Stoke in the dead of winter. Might be a good bench player though for when Fellaini or Lingard need a break.
I think Messi would adapt to deal with Premiership opposition. Well it's such a cliche these days... Can ***insert the name of any attacking player we are linked to*** perform against Stoke on a cold winter night? At the rate at which Stoke are going, even Messi's son could possibly score a goal against them. If D Silva and Hazard can perform and survive against Premiership defenders, Messi whose several levels above them can definitely perform.