Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Quote me on this, we will spend a great deal of time negotiating to sign De Jong. Meanwhile, Liverpool have already signed Tchouameni while we were still negotiating. De Jong will end up snubbing us for Man City and we will end up paying a ridiculous fee for Declan Rice.
Glad to have a true ITK on here finally.

Red Royal

As much as I'd love this guy at United I really hope we have a plan B , plan C and more as we could spend half the summer sniffing around Barca whilst the likes of Kamara, Kesie and others are snapped up for free.

Keyser

I don't know why everyone is panicking, he has an existing relationship with ETH

I'm pretty confident he would have clearly stated his intentions to him and we'll know and be preparing a bid or moving on, it's all just paper talk

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Memphis posted a similar thing on Twitter, club getting players to post them for next season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Yeah it's a PR bullshit thing. Everyone are posting similar things. Muppets live on.

Zippycup

My worry with de Jong is nothing to do with his ability or what he will bring to the team.

It's his lack of desire (that's been reported anyway) to join the club.

A player can be the best in the world but if his heart isn't 100% at the club then it's a road to disaster

Messi is a recent example for PSG. Di Maria, Pogba, Schweinsteiger, Sanchez and Lukaku are recent example for United.

We've been down this road for the last 10 years. It's time to go with players who will burst a gut every single game.

croadyman

As much as I'd love this guy at United I really hope we have a plan B , plan C and more as we could spend half the summer sniffing around Barca whilst the likes of Kamara, Kesie and others are snapped up for free.
I feel like Erik has backup plans, however will be keeping it quiet from journos

noelyman

In the interest of streamlining the posts in this thread I thought I'd knock up a template:

Sure he might be a great player (who i've never seen play) and exactly what we need (even though I don't really know what that is) and at a decent price (even though it's not my money) and has worked with our coach before but I know better than Erik Ten Hag. I'm getting Di Maria vibes about this transfer. If he doesn't want to be here I don't want us to put him in manacles and drag him here kicking and screaming against his will. I'd rather we signed staunch United fans like Ighalo who will bleed United. Even if they're not very good.

Insert this paragraph in the middle of your post and you'll save your self a lot of time. I say this given time must be a huge factor to those people who parrot the same 'Di Maria vibes' argument over and over again despite it already having been said in a thousand different ways earlier in the thread. So I've saved you lots of time. You're welcome!! :D

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
In the interest of streamlining the posts in this thread I thought I'd knock up a template:

Sure he might be a great player (who i've never seen play) and exactly what we need (even though I don't really know what that is) and at a decent price (even though it's not my money) and has worked with our coach before but I know better than Erik Ten Hag. I'm getting Di Maria vibes about this transfer. If he doesn't want to be here I don't want us to put him in manacles and drag him here kicking and screaming against his will. I'd rather we signed staunch United fans like Ighalo who will bleed United. Even if they're not very good.

Insert this paragraph in the middle of your post and you'll save your self a lot of time. I say this given time must be a huge factor to those people who parrot the same 'Di Maria vibes' argument over and over again despite it already having been said in a thousand different ways earlier in the thread. So I've saved you lots of time. You're welcome!! :D
It’s an excellent start, I think your probably need to at least include references to said player’s aerial ability / height, whether or not they are press-proof and state with conviction that they would be better played in a position in which they have never played.

@mods - can we work this template up ASAP please? Would have a huge impact on Caf productivity

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

BlueHaze

Where have you got this from? I doubt many have quit, nothing that anyone would notice anyway. City and PSG being in the CL for me adds to the excitement from a footballing standpoint. Without them, two fewer excellent teams and with the way Serie A has gone, the CL needed a couple of teams to fill the void left by AC and co. I'm no fan of City or PSG but what you're point seems borne out of bitterness rather than actual fact.
Because constantly new waves of fans come and many of them to these type of teams. I know older friends, relatives many of them who of course still remain loyal to their teams but basically couldn't care less about the sport anymore. Many who loved old school football are sick of the way it's headed this is not something made up out of bitterness I mean just look ahead to next season, world cup, in the winter in Qatar, really?

Trophy Room

I just can't be bothered with players that don't want to be here. If he can't be arsed with the challenge then he can feck off.

Prodigal7

I just can't be bothered with players that don't want to be here. If he can't be arsed with the challenge then he can feck off.
Let’s face it, we’re not in a great position to attract talent this summer. If we only go for players that desperately want to join then we’re not going to get the quality we need.

croadyman

Let’s face it, we’re not in a great position to attract talent this summer. If we only go for players that desperately want to join then we’re not going to get the quality we need.
Erik will give it everything I am sure

RC89

Because constantly new waves of fans come and many of them to these type of teams. I know older friends, relatives many of them who of course still remain loyal to their teams but basically couldn't care less about the sport anymore. Many who loved old school football are sick of the way it's headed this is not something made up out of bitterness I mean just look ahead to next season, world cup, in the winter in Qatar, really?
Not an advocate of the Qatar World Cup, nor how some of these owners are associated to Human rights violations. That being said, people were livid with the formation of the PL in association with Sky holding the rights to the games. The league has only gone from strength to strength since. My point being, some may leave but negligible amounts, soon to be replaced by new fans, and with potentially more fans. You now have City and PSG fans watching other CL ties, ten years ago half of them probably wouldn't because they were of little relevance to their club.

BlueHaze

Not an advocate of the Qatar World Cup, nor how some of these owners are associated to Human rights violations. That being said, people were livid with the formation of the PL in association with Sky holding the rights to the games. The league has only gone from strength to strength since. My point being, some may leave but negligible amounts, soon to be replaced by new fans, and with potentially more fans. You now have City and PSG fans watching other CL ties, ten years ago half of them probably wouldn't because they were of little relevance to their club.
We both made our points regarding this now so I'll not reply to this so we don't derail the thread with this topic, cheers pal.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I would have to side with the posters saying if they dont want to come here or they are just coming because of the best deal, we dont want them. We have basically done this since Ferguson retired and its been a disaster.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's very concerning how all the eggs seem to be in this basket when realistically we need 2 top class CM's

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Fair enough he wants to stay at Barca but I'd be surprised if ten Hag couldn't talk him round at least a bit.

Trex

On second thought I'm not so sure going after this guy is all great, he'll be on massive wages might turn out good but not great to justify his wages.
He was good and not great at Barcelona and everybody is referring to his positional use, just like we give excuses to all all signings before this weaknesses resurface here.
We should probably be targeting a player from a smaller club from one of the lesser leagues were the price is lesser and wages is lesser, that's the way to go if we don't want a repeat of the Pogba scenario.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's very concerning how all the eggs seem to be in this basket when realistically we need 2 top class CM's
I'd be delighted if we got Frenkie and nobody else tbh, we would need to sell a lot more to bring others in, otherwise we'll just have a more bloated squad. But we could have a very strong midfield with him in. The problem is .. there is no other links, and Frenkie himself still feels very unlikely to come, so as of now... van de Beek and Garner coming in to join Fred and McTominay will be the midfield group behind Bruno and Hannibal.

croadyman

I'd be delighted if we got Frenkie and nobody else tbh, we would need to sell a lot more to bring others in, otherwise we'll just have a more bloated squad. But we could have a very strong midfield with him in. The problem is .. there is no other links, and Frenkie himself still feels very unlikely to come, so as of now... van de Beek and Garner coming in to join Fred and McTominay will be the midfield group behind Bruno and Hannibal.
He clearly offers that tempo dictator we have lacked since Scholesy, however still need a ball winner and protector of back 4

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
On second thought I'm not so sure going after this guy is all great, he'll be on massive wages might turn out good but not great to justify his wages.
He was good and not great at Barcelona and everybody is referring to his positional use, just like we give excuses to all all signings before this weaknesses resurface here.
We should probably be targeting a player from a smaller club from one of the lesser leagues were the price is lesser and wages is lesser, that's the way to go if we don't want a repeat of the Pogba scenario.
As long as the manager knows how to use him to get the best out of him then those excuses and weaknesses mean nothing. This guy was ETH’s key player in 18/19 so signing him is like signing the spine of his team. We need to sign the spine first before start thinking about other areas.

izec

Fair to say this was more like 5% done
Some said he meant 95% chance that he is coming to United, which is nonsense as well. That is his opinion if anything.

Regardless, journos know they can use desperate United muppets on the internet to push their profile, see Romano.

Status
Not open for further replies.