Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog United

Has any other club ever sold off their future broadcasting revenues before? Let alone a club that consider itself to be ‘different’ from the other, allegedly more commercial clubs?
Barcelona and Madrid get to operate in a world with their own rulebook. I suspect the rights are effectively being leased until the local government buys them back, and then gives them to the club in exchange for some perceived (while totally ludicrous) benefit.

Redcy

Has to be corrupt. You don't sell 25% of your future 25yrs TV earnings for $540million when you normally get ard $140m a year.
Who does such a bad deal?
well in fairness that sounds about right, however the fact is that one can assume that the value of rights will go up, so they have probably generated 540m for a loss of about 1bn, which is basically selling off your future income pretty cheap. They do have an option to buy it back though i think

WPMUFC

Laporta: we've agreed terms with other clubs and fdj must take a pay cut to have any career at Barca

Doomer interpretation: that's it, saga is over glad it's finally over, fdj is staying .Mufc should move on now.

:houllier: :houllier:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
How high a pay cut does he have to take to get Lewandowski and Raphina's wages into the budget? Those 2 are surely on about 400-500k a week between them?!
Probably fiddling with the concept of "wage" just like in FDJs case for the last couple of years.

E.g. Lewa, you are a 33yo 1gpg striker who will likely live for another 50 years. Adding up league, cups and Europe you'll likely play 50 games in the season which ain't far from 52.

Going off that, instead of 350k we will give you 50k per goal, 50k per game and the other 250k instead of spreading it over a 5 year contract we will spread it over 50 so 25k a week for life. Not happy? Let's get the difference into your golden handshake but not wages, never wages, your wage is 25k/week and that's it. We can get ~16 Lewas in the wage cap instead of 1 Frenkie.

It's of course extreme and ignores cost of financing and many other variables, but you get my point, right?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Laporta: "I am a cnut but at least I'm better than the previous cnut. See? I brought you Lewandowski. See? we can still spend despite having a mountain of debts".
The politics game is strong and then 5 years later the club goes into bankrupt. But I guess at that point it will no longer be his problem. You have a lot of privileges being a state owned club.

pogbasformerbarber

It feels like it’s too late in the window to make this happen now…but on the other hand Barca is such a sh**show it might actually be a total possibility. If it were any other club that was even run mediocrely I’d have almost no hope left. But with these guys it’s anyones guess at this point….

MF1138

Wonder who told Fifpro how much they were offering... I'm guessing it wasn't Barcelona :lol:

imamuppet

Laporta: you must show you love this club
Player: what must I do
Laporte: bend over and take it, no lube, no wages, while chanting "I love barca" to the tune of 'Els Segadors'

Last edited:

Laurencio

Barcelona trying to make de Jong accept €7m according to Martyn Ziegler.

If it happens all the time you'd think Fifpro would use this opportunity to make an example of such a huge club as Barcelona to signal to the smaller clubs that this is not OK. If they don't intervenere here, they are basically condining the behaviour.

Andersons Dietician

How high a pay cut does he have to take to get Lewandowski and Raphina's wages into the budget? Those 2 are surely on about 400-500k a week between them?!
Think with the new wage structure 200k a week is what they want the highest paid player in Barca to be on. So DeJong will be double that I believe. So if true his wage totally destroys their wage structure. Lewi on 200k whilst DeJong is over 400k or something.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Laporta: we've agreed terms with other clubs and fdj must take a pay cut to have any career at Barca

Doomer interpretation: that's it, saga is over glad it's finally over, fdj is staying .Mufc should move on now.

:houllier: :houllier:
:lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Barcelona trying to make de Jong accept €7m according to Martyn Ziegler.

He’s reliable, right?

I know he’s broken a few stories in the past and seems to always be there for ‘legal’ stories?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If it happens all the time you'd think Fifpro would use this opportunity to make an example of such a huge club as Barcelona to signal to the smaller clubs that this is not OK. If they don't intervenere here, they are basically condining the behaviour.
Frenkie might not want to be in the middle of it.

Laurencio

Has to be corrupt. You don't sell 25% of your future 25yrs TV earnings for $540million when you normally get ard $140m a year.
Who does such a bad deal? Fishy.

Or are they such a financial risk that you have so give so much away? Can't be right?
They sold La Liga rights. Won't matter if they manage to get the Super League going. Big brain Laporta in action.

In all seriousness - they spend to win elections, not secure Barcelona's financial future. They have sold off more than they need so they can avoid selling the likes of Fati and Pedri and avoid going a summer without buying name players.

Barcelona could easily get themselves out of this hole, they just choose not to because they think La Liga will eventually change the rules for them.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Reckon they meet close to the middle and Frenkie gets 11 or 12m, united pay a decent sign on bonus whack to him anyway.

Tallis

what is watching closely going to achieve ? They should call a player strike until Barca pay the full amount to FDJ. And then a tight slap across the face to Laporta

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
This new thread title is harsh on Lieporta.
It would be hilarious, if Frenkie would actually stay. 20.000 posts in this thread about Laporta being a lier rely on the narrative, that Frenkie will leave immediately when he gets his €17m. Nearly no one here can actually imagine he wants to stay at the club he loves and which has finally a competitive squad to fight for all the titles again after a long time. Especially, because the last 3 years were disappointing and everyone in the squad is hungry for titles again as they were when Pep took over, over a decade ago. Let's see the outcome of this saga.

OrcaFat

It would be hilarious, if Frenkie would actually stay. 20.000 posts in this thread about Laporta being a lier rely on the narrative, that Frenkie will leave immediately when he gets his €17m. Nearly no one here can actually imagine he wants to stay at the club he loves and which has finally a competitive squad to fight for all the titles again after a long time. Especially, because the last 3 years were disappointing and everyone in the squad is hungry for titles again as they were when Pep took over, over a decade ago. Let's see the outcome of this saga.
Yeah most people assume FDJ has a backbone.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Reckon they meet close to the middle and Frenkie gets 11 or 12m, united pay a decent sign on bonus whack to him anyway.
I'd say this is a likely scenario. The thing is, Barca are saying what their fans want to hear. We all know whats going on, and whats eventually going to happen too.

The fact that Laporta says he just carries on if he doesn't accept a pay cut... oh yeah, thats going to work REAL well for them haha

Laurencio

No, no one thinks he will stay because he would need to do a lot of nonsensical things.

1. Agree to write off his deferred salary
2. Sign a new contract where he takes a 50% paycut
3. Someone else would have to be sold for a similar fee in order to generated enough revenue to sign and register the new players.

If that doesn't happen there is no room in Barcelona's wage budget to register new players.

Last edited:
Think with the new wage structure 200k a week is what they want the highest paid player in Barca to be on.
Yet Lewa is on around 350k (Alba and Busquests similar) so even that is a load of bull and the reason they are calling it a “pyramid”.

Barcelona just want Frenkie further down the pyramid, despite the fact, that over the course of the entire deal, Frenkie receives around 255k /week, so he’s already further down the pyramid.
Barça it seems, are pretending the two previous seasons of him giving up 17m in wages, kinda didn’t happen, and are only focusing on what he gets now.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yet Lewa is on around 350k (Alba and Busquests similar) so even that is a load of bull and the reason they are calling it a “pyramid”.

Barcelona just want Frenkie further down the pyramid, despite the fact, that over the course of the entire deal, Frenkie receives around 255k /week, so he’s already further down the pyramid.
Barça it seems, are pretending the two previous seasons of him giving up 17m in wages, kinda didn’t happen, and are only focusing on what he gets now.
I think the mooted 200k/week (or rather €10m/year) limit is net. No way in hell Lewandowski would come down from €24m at Bayern to less than 10 at Barca

Olecurls99

I would say he wants to stay less and less. I've never heard of a player being asked to take a pay cut, especially whilst the club is signing players on monster wages.
Barca then threaten him with being played at CB. A player who took a wage deferral in good faith a few years back.

It's outrageous how Barca are treating this player.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I've never heard of a player being asked to take a pay cut, especially whilst the club is signing players on monster wages.
That's a lie, a false narrative.
Every new player fits into the new wage system. No one, except those with old Barto contracts, is on monster wages anymore.
Frenkie with his current Barto contract earns nearly double of Lewandowski, the actual 2 times Fifa Player of the Year and all the other new signings for that matter.
All Laporta and his board ask of Frenkie is to fit into the new finance system, as every other player does so far, nothing more. If that means "bend over" for you all, well then I can't help it.

DickDastardly

Every new player fits into the new wage system. No one, except those with old Barto contracts, is on monster wages anymore.
Frenkie with his current Barto contract earns nearly double of Lewandowski, the actual 2 times Fifa Player of the Year and all the other new signings for that matter.
All Laporta and his board ask of Frenkie is to fit into the new finance system, as every other player does so far, nothing more. If that means "bend over" for you all, well then I can't help it.
It's ok Joan.

cyberman

When you say Barto contracts you mean Barca contracts.
Let’s be clear. Barcelona contracts. Who had full support of your fanbase by the way.

Pickle85

The Barça mental gymnastics is madness. All Laporta and the board are asking Frenkie to do is forego money he'll be owed by them. If your employer said 'sorry, we've changed the salary structure of the company and were going to need you to take a 20k wage cut as a result' what would your reaction be? I know what I'd tell them.

It's a scummy move from a classless club that is impossible to defend. I hope they go bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.