Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Seems Chelsea have now got involved when they know he’s definitely leaving. I still find it flabbergasting he’d choose them when ETH has waited for him all summer and wants to build around him going there - almost as flabbergasting as Chelsea having the money to buy him and the need with all their midfielders - but it doesn’t look good.
Chelsea are also going in stupidly hard for Fofana and they need a striker too. I don't think de Jong is a priority to them and the media are exaggerating it big time based on what Barca are saying.

If Unites believed he was going to Chelsea as a fact, they won't stay involved, it would make no sense. We'd run, brief and that's it

Joseunited

what, like he plays league games for us but cup games, including his beloved cl, for chelsea? you crazy sumbitch, that’s just crazy enough that it might work. i’m in.
You've been drinking again haven't you:nono:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Chelsea are also going in stupidly hard for Fofana and they need a striker too. I don't think de Jong is a priority to them and the media are exaggerating it big time based on what Barca are saying.

If Unites believed he was going to Chelsea as a fact, they won't stay involved, it would make no sense. We'd run, brief and that's it
Worryingly, we have been briefing on keeping a list of alternatives the last few days

Godfather

My fingers are ready to type hard if that guy chooses Chelsea over us after we chased him all summer

Eddy_JukeZ

I’ll be terrified about who the feck we just brought in as manager this time, the guy would be an absolute brainless numpty if this happens.
I think it'd be a complete disaster.

I've been saying there's no way we're chasing so hard and so long without assurances, but for him to reject us and sign elsewhere and us having no alternatives....

The club would sink to a new low. Romero is a clown though.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think it'd be a complete disaster.

I've been saying there's no way we're chasing so hard and so long without assurances, but for him to reject us and sign elsewhere and us having no alternatives....

The club would sink to a new low. Romero is a clown though.
If he's to go to Chelsea I fully expect us to brief that the deal can't be done and we're moving on. Makes no sense for us to chase a player for months just to be rejected. We must know what's going on and are planning accordingly, if that it, the reports are accurate

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
You've got Eriksen , that tiny dude from Ajax and a new left back.

Do football a favour and spend the dosh on someone else.
we’re all a bit dorothy in the wizard of oz. we have a midfielder with an iron heart, a centre back with no height and a left back with no pedigree. we’ll probably end up with a striker with no goals next.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How people can blame the board for following him for over 2 months is beyond me

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
easy for you to say when your club is buying a shiny new player every 2.5 days. we’re hungry, alone and desperate. not to mentioned scared.
Sometimes it's hard.. to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Serious questions need to be asked if we have wasted our entire summer courting after one guy for Chelsea to swoop in in August and get it done just like that. What kind of indication have the club had that FDJ would want to leave? Because that is legitimately the ONLY reason they would have held out for so long. If that is at ETH's request, then he also needs to answer for that serious miscalculation. I doubt FDJ would have sold us up the river like that, so that only leaves one possible explanation. Sheer incompetence!

Ralf was right about the team and the club structure. The people at the top just don't want to make the changes necessary to move the club forward.

That's all this club is now. Jobs for mates and a profit first, football second mentality.

This isn't Manchester United. Its a hollow shell of its former self :(

jamesjimmybyrondean

It seemed very ridiculous the idea we were chasing after a player that doesn't want to be here but it actually seems the case

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

You keep saying about these briefs. We spent an entire summer chasing sancho - it turned out we never even spoke to Dortmund after their deadline. Not once did we brief we were walking away. We just chose to do nothing the entire window until deadline day when we bought two players for over 35m who aren’t even ready 2 years later.

All this talk of this can’t be true because the club would do x - unfortunately that isn’t the case with this club. Until this week I’ve very much been in the “the media are all wrong, there’s no way Manchester United have chased a player for 14 weeks and agreed a fee for someone who doesn’t want to join” - turns out we have. The penny is dropping hard that the people running this club are completely incompetent and the owners have absolutely zero ambition - Woodward or no Woodward. We do not act how a club of our size should act - and now it’s having a huge impact on attracting players because not even the money is enough anymore.

WPMUFC

If we are on the verge of missing out, Stone or Ducker are going to have to post something in the next few days.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I know you guys are understandably a bit nervous about this deal falling through but isn't it obvious Barca are leaking "Chelsea interest" to pressure you into offering more?

Chelsea aren't spending 80 odd million on another midfielder, this summer. No chance in the world.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I know you guys are understandably a bit nervous about this deal falling through but isn't it obvious Barca are leaking "Chelsea interest" to pressure you into offering more?

Chelsea aren't spending 80 odd million on another midfielder, this summer. No chance in the world.
Yes.

DavelinaJolie

Serious questions need to be asked if we have wasted our entire summer courting after one guy for Chelsea to swoop in in August and get it done just like that. What kind of indication have the club had that FDJ would want to leave? Because that is legitimately the ONLY reason they would have held out for so long. If that is at ETH's request, then he also needs to answer for that serious miscalculation. I doubt FDJ would have sold us up the river like that, so that only leaves one possible explanation. Sheer incompetence!

Ralf was right about the team and the club structure. The people at the top just don't want to make the changes necessary to move the club forward.

That's all this club is now. Jobs for mates and a profit first, football second mentality.

This isn't Manchester United. Its a hollow shell of its former self :(
I'm not sure how you come to "incompetence" in the event that FDJ indicated to Utd/Ten Hag that he would be open to moving to the club if things didn't work out with Barca, and then Chelsea got involved and he just preferred their situation? That's just a player changing their mind. Not sure what Utd could do other than throw a blank chequw at him, which would.be actual incompetence.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Sometimes it's hard.. to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
de jong’s ‘just the tipped’ us for the past two months and then gone and full penetrated chelsea.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

I think thats the case, as Chelsea themselves have been very quiet about the situation. Even their reporters have only mentioned the interest as one liners in unrelated articles.

I still think so, because the incompetence of ETH and the board is unthinkable if it turns out to be true.
Putting as much pressure as possible on United to sort out the wage issue quickly by offering up more in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.