Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Honestly, I don't think 99% of us here care whether you have changed your status.

Maybe you could come out of the closet and say that you love feckin or docking in cosplay bunny outfits -- that may get a raise.
Yeah why have a forum at all if not for writing opinions…

Chief123

Same again for the Mourinho/Conte switch. No struggling giant club needs as long as United. And before someone mentions Arsenal, well, they're just shit
The best example for a rebuild doesn’t take long would be Conte at Spurs. Last season they were completely gone at the start of the season. The team looked one of the worst in the league. Conte comes in and gets them in top 4 in the very same season they looked shocking. One summer of just buying 4/5 players, people are now saying they are title contenders.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Oh look I’m still all in, I just wondered where this stuff about briefing journos in private after the match came from?
And at which point briefing journos is seen as a private thing? Unless said journos aren't supposed to share the briefing which defeats the point of briefing them.

Paxi

Fabergas was out of our league, Frenkie is not. He is just a ****.
Fabregas was willing to join depending upon whether he started the season on the bench or not. All were hearing is that De Jong doesn’t fancy United but we’re just not getting it.

Withnail

I know plenty of doctors, including my mother in law. They don’t use those phrases (eg my IQ destroys yours). If he’s a doctor, then I’m a teapot.
Everyone can be an idiot, petty and/or childish at times. Doctors don't use that type of language is one of the silliest claims I've seen on here.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’m all for opinions and discussion but those who continue to drop in here to say how humiliating and embarrassing it is dont add anything do they?

Hardly groundbreaking comments

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
because that 'opinion' has been announced by quite a few people here now. Common.

If you can announce that you have empirical evidence to support string theory then you will have a few more people interested.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This is like watching The Bachelor. Or at least what I think it would be like. Has he given ten Hag a rose?

Paxi

I’m all for opinions and discussion but those who continue to drop in here to say how humiliating and embarrassing it is dont add anything do they?

Hardly groundbreaking comments
because that 'opinion' has been announced by quite a few people here now. Common.

If you can announce that you have empirical evidence to support string theory then you will have a few more people interested.
Fair enough. Noted.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is like watching The Bachelor. Or at least what I think it would be like. Has he given ten Hag a rose?

He rules out United every couple of days it seems, then has a change of heart and wants to go.

Or, maybe, they haven't really got a clue or are just reporting what Barca tells them to report? I dunno...

DON’T PANIC ™

Was really enjoyed and excited to read all the positive comments on here this morning.
Then I realised I had inadvertently jumped 200 pages back.

Maticmaker

The best example for a rebuild doesn’t take long would be Conte at Spurs. Last season they were completely gone at the start of the season. The team looked one of the worst in the league. Conte comes in and gets them in top 4 in the very same season they looked shocking. One summer of just buying 4/5 players, people are now saying they are title contenders.

Would agree with this; however you have to remember that in a way you get the feeling it was Conte who picked Spurs, rather than the other way around. He must have had a good look and thought with Kane and Son up top, I can do something with the rest. Not sure that would have happened at United with our motley crew.
However lets hope ETH has seen something he can salvage at OT. ;)

TheReligion

Abusive

If you look back the same Spanish sources were saying he didn’t want to move to Chelsea and preferred United a few weeks ago.

It’s all fun and games

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
There’s been a lot of sad posts in this thread, but this one really takes the top prize :lol:

Trying to flex intelligence on RedCafe.
"Doctor, what's the prognosis?"
"Brb just owning this Muppet with my superior intellect on a football forum..."

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If you look back the same Spanish sources were saying he didn’t want to move to Chelsea and preferred United a few weeks ago.

It’s all fun and games
It's all bullshit and crapstirring from Barca.

They want United to panic and pay off de Jongs wages and they're using the Chelsea interest to do so. It'll either work well for them, or it'll backfire big time. Lets wait and see

Strats

Didn't Arsenal brief their end their pursuit of signing Martinez when it was found out that he wanted to sign for us over them?

I hope to feck the club are not that fecking daft chasing him if they know he prefers Chelsea

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Every Spanish outlet just seems to be following Sport's play book and covering every single permutation possible.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea

It’s all fun and games
Yeah, I don’t think the sources know anything, it is just the over the top soap opera nature of the whole “saga”. I cannot remember a trade that had this much for so long in recent years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
"Doctor, what's the prognosis?"
"Brb just owning this Muppet with my superior intellect on a football forum..."
This is exactly what happened today except I wasn’t working on a Saturday!

The other guy who flexed his IQ before me gets a free pass.

Friends?? Friends..

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Which is why it’s a bit of a gamble. If the stadium and commercial deals don’t all fall in to place then you will be in trouble with FFP.

Essentially he’s spending now and banking on the fact he can make big changes with the clubs revenue to balance it out (and the team can deliver on the pitch)
We are spending with intention of delivering on the pitch. Not waiting on the never ending need time to develop at all. You will see how our players deliver on the pitch. :)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This is exactly what happened today except I wasn’t working on a Saturday!

The other guy who flexed his IQ before me gets a free pass.

Friends?? Friends..
Oh, we're still friends I just like the image of you spamming away on a five year old HP keyboard in your office wearing a stethoscope.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I've completely lost hope in it for us and at this point hope he stays pretty much. Couldnt stand seeing him at Chelsea

JuriM

Calma, we know what we are doing and I have full confidence that we act for what's best for our club.

SATA

I refuse to believe Frenkie would turn his back on Ten Hag just like that. If that was the case, the manager would have shot the question down about Frenkie in the presser and said he wasn’t interested in the player if he knew he’s going to Chelsea, instead of him saying if there’s news, the club will bring it

AnotherLondonManc

What's in it for ffpolo to just make up something like this, besides the obvious clickbait? It's such a bold statement. If they really are clueless and he ends up joining Man Utd, it would ruin what credibility they have regarding transfers.

Are they just a Barca mouthpiece trying their best to encourage Chelsea to make a bid? How would that even work? Surely Chelsea would already be in contact with FdJ's agent and know full well the situation.

Any media outlet sticking their neck out like this seems pretty conclusive, if for no other reason than I can't understand why they would make it up...

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope you're right and all of this is just guesswork by journos depserate for clicks. But if he doesn't end up here, serious questions need to be asked about the way we've wasted the past couple of months.
Partially yeah. We could have decided to switch to another player at point, but if the recruitment team were genuinely in with a chance of getting our #1 target and we got pipped at the post, how much blame do you attribute to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.