Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
In my opinion, it's definitely coming from the Barca side. UK Journos not really paying much attention to the links, passing them off in one liners in unrelated articles. Nothing really huge or standalone been done by anyone, and Chelsea seem transfixed on Fofana at the moment, going all out on him. Plus add in their need for a striker too... it's looking like it's Barca who are pushing for United to panic and pay his outstanding wages to get the deal done asap.

The fact that United are calm and content at the moment says that they're not really too worried about these links. If they were concerned, they'd either make a stronger push to sign him or walk away if his mind was truly made up.
maybe the breakfast buffet at the Barcelona Hilton is too good for the comedy duo to pass up...

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
maybe the breakfast buffet at the Barcelona Hilton is too good for the comedy duo to pass up...
Maybe... maybe they're over there right now enjoying some all you can eat paella with Laporta. We all know that guy loves his meals and the sorts.

Counterfactual

I've heard that we have agreed a fee and that we haven't...
The Athletic were pretty specific...
"Manchester United reach €85m agreement with Barcelona to sign Frenkie de Jong. Manchester United have agreed to pay Barcelona a guaranteed fee of €75million (£63million, $75million) for Frenkie de Jong, The Athletic understands. It is understood United could also pay add-ons worth €10million" (source)

Rojofiam

You left out the rest of my post. What are your thoughts on that?
What do you mean? I answered the part that I wanted to answer.

But there you go: I'm younger than de Jong and still grew up watching United dominate English football and be one of the best and biggest clubs in the world. Under no circumstances would anyone born in the 1990s think that Chelsea are a more prestigious club to join than we are. Looking at the last 10 years, they have been more successful but they are still miles off of being a guaranteed challenger for the PL and CL every season like currently City and Pool are.

He can either join a top 3 biggest club in the world and his former manager, be a part of the United team that returns to the top after 10 years of misery post-SAF and win everything here, or he can go to Chelsea...Well, London is great and they were better than us last season, but still would be a pretty uninspiring move. Chelsea might've won the CL recently but even sporting wise they aren't that much of a better choice than us..and we're at our absolute worst in the last what, 35-40 years? It's not something that we should be concerned about, anyways. We don't need players here that would rather choose Chelsea over us, so his decision in the end will clarify everything.

OrcaFat

In my opinion, it's definitely coming from the Barca side. UK Journos not really paying much attention to the links, passing them off in one liners in unrelated articles. Nothing really huge or standalone been done by anyone, and Chelsea seem transfixed on Fofana at the moment, going all out on him. Plus add in their need for a striker too... it's looking like it's Barca who are pushing for United to panic and pay his outstanding wages to get the deal done asap.

The fact that United are calm and content at the moment says that they're not really too worried about these links. If they were concerned, they'd either make a stronger push to sign him or walk away if his mind was truly made up.
Makes sense. We’ll go round a round a few more times yet.

El-Manos

Lads just stop like. Close this thread until there is final news. This is getting ridiculous.

TheLord

If they sign Bernardo Silva and then sign Marcos Alonso and don't sell anyone, I will be convinced that I don't understand a thing about football finances.

NLunited

Meanwhile Laporta is asking Barfa players for more wage reductions. Goatfecking of epic proportions.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: feck this, it's like being constantly prodded in the eye by a drunk clown.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If they sign Bernardo Silva and then sign Marcos Alonso and don't sell anyone, I will be convinced that I don't understand a thing about football finances.
2nd sept, xavi will complain that his squad is too bloated. 4 for every position isn't ideal! Said the Barcelona manager.

DevilRed

So yesterday they weren’t able to register any new players and today they are able to sign Bernardo and keep de Jong. Alright then.
Haven't you heard? Lever 69 has been activated.

laporta is going to sell his body to the highest bidder.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Meanwhile Laporta is asking Barfa players for more wage reductions. Goatfecking of epic proportions.
And the sad fact is, most of the players will just accept it without question.

The whole club is just an immoral clusterfeck of BS. Pretty sure Barca think they're a rule above everyone else at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.