Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

worldinmotion66

No matter who else we're linked to, Frenkie is the one player I'd most love us to sign.

So obviously, I'm still in.

We're just showing him that we are going to provide him with some decent teammates ;)

Ronaldo's Love Child

No this is surely over now.
No!!!!!

Repeat after me....."we wouldn't be THAT stupid to chase a player for three months, make him our #1 target, and not realise he doesn't want sign for us"

Say it 10 times before you go to bed and when you wake up it will be Frenkie day..............again.

Laurencio

This was always going to happen. The same people who kept on beating the drum of “There’s no way the club will be so incompetent to chase a player for three months without knowing for sure that they want to come. If this was really off then we would brief the journalists and move on!” Over and over again. Anything that pointed out that this wasn’t happening was met with that same line.

After all this time it’s obvious the club isn’t going to do a direct brief, but rather there have been reports bit by bit coming out that club don’t think it’s possible, trying to let it slowly fizzle out rather than accept that they completely messed this situation up.
See, what happened was that were given ample evidence of the club actually being that incompetent.

Still. Sky Sports understands Man Utd have not stopped their pursuit for Fenkie de Jong.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’m old enough to remember when you went half a day without checking this thread, you’d have to skim through 15 pages to get up to date. Down to about half a page now.

croadyman

I’m old enough to remember when you went half a day without checking this thread, you’d have to skim through 15 pages to get up to date. Down to about half a page now.
Yeah has been very quiet this week

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
The Jim Ratcliffe thread is the new FDJ thread!

croadyman

If we somehow pull off Casemiro, I think we'll take another stab at Frenkie and use Casemiro as a signal of our ambition.
Maybe, my worry is who can we get that offers similar quality on the ball to De Jong. If we had City/Chelsea like investment then it would be possible so need to find a cheaper alternative.

Boondog

The money was never there.
He never wanted to join us.
We are becoming a laughing stock.
I don't think that's an accurate read on this. I think it's all financial. He wanted more than they had.

This guy knows ETH well. I don't see the team chasing him like this if it was a hard no. He's just toeing the party line and waiting for the financial side to align. If it doesn't then he can act like it was all United, they were so desperate to have me blah blah.

And I think this is tied in to the minority shares being sold, as well as the pressure by Ronaldo to leave which probably was what caused it all. We should thank Ronaldo tbh. But anyway if this is about money maybe they're scraping it off their Mastercards and will cobble enough together and get it done.

What they're doing here is good if they can cross that finish line.

MF1138

We'll be back in when we try and fail at buying every other midfielder we can think of. He's as good as ours:wenger:

Kramer

I think we are using Casemiro links to pressurise Barca to cough up his wages. The reason I think so is because you have media outlets reporting we’re willing to pay 80M euros. That’s crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.