Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Have they already deferred his wages from previous seasons as well?
The payment he is due is the repercussions of the deferral.

For example, if he was getting paid €10 Million per season over 4 years before, the asked him to take €5 Million for a few years to help them out. They now have to catch up on his original wage and they can't really afford it.

prateik

He's owed loads more as he took two years deferred salary. This will catch up with Barca this year as reported here.

He'll still be owed that even if he leaves..
But if he leaves, it might not count towards their wage cap.. Not sure how it works

AndySmith1990

I wonder how much they'd be paying Raphina and Lewandolski? Imagine being asked to take a significant pay cut to help your employer and then they go and recruit new employees who are earning a fortune. You'd think most people would have too much respect for themselves than to be okay with that

Withnail

The payment he is due is the repercussions of the deferral.

For example, if he was getting paid €10 Million per season over 4 years before, the asked him to take €5 Million for a few years to help them out. They now have to catch up on his original wage and they can't really afford it.
They can't actually expect him to stay in that case. He's a fool if he accepts that kind of treatment.

cyberman

Does selling him mean he doesn’t get his deferred salary? Is that what Barca thinks can happen?
There’s going to be many court cases over this in the near future imo

DavelinaJolie

Laporta still have some God knows what other financial levers in his sleeves.
This is the thing, Laporta and the club are very adept at massaging the optics of the situation. Everyone is talking about their "financial levers" when what they've actually done is sold percentages of future income streams. It's not a genius financial strategy, it's kicking the can down the road a bit, and likely taking a loss on that in the longer term. But if they call it a "financial lever" then it sounds like like something more special doesn't it?

Berbaclass

They can't actually expect him to stay in that case. He's a fool if he accepts that kind of treatment.
I'm fairly sure they don;t actually want him to. They are just playing a PR game to make it seem like they are 'trying all they can to keep him'

Laurencio

Not really, it's a bit of a unique scenario due to him deferring wages and now they are expected to pay him back. United aren't going to nor should they compensate him becasue Barca fecked their own finances.

He will get a very good offer from us I'm certain but not better than the astronomical amount he will get at Barca this year.
Well obviously we aren't covering the deffered wages. Barca will still owe him that. But we will probably pay him close to 400k. Which I reckon is better than what Barca are currently willing to do. Although I have no idea how the contract law on that works.

Berbaclass

Well obviously we aren't covering the deffered wages. Barca will still owe him that. But we will probably pay him close to 400k. Which I reckon is better than what Barca are currently offering him.
I really doubt it becasue they are due to pay him €40 million this year reportedly.

Berbaclass

Also worth remembering that Barca currently owes both Messi and Pique €40-50 Million each in deferred salaries.

Rolaholic

I would love him to stay and sue Barca for his money. Disgusting club asking everyone to play for free while twerking for Raphinha, B. Silva and Lewa...
They really are a vile club with an even more toxic and zealous fanbase.

Hope this is the last time we ever do business with those cretins, one of the shadiest operations outside of the oil clubs yet they constantly walk around with a nauseating holier than thou complex.

prateik

Barca are skint.. they are collecting superchats on youtube streams, renting out their stadium for events..
They are just desperate to raise a few more million.. a lot of flapping about .. mostly out of desperation..

If we dont care and just want this done soon, we might throw a little more money their way.. if not, this drags on a little longer.

Laurencio

I really doubt it becasue they are due to pay him €40 million this year reportedly.
In deferred wages, which is wages they owe him from an earlier date but haven't paid due to whatever reason (probably having fecked their finances). They will still have to pay him that? Unless deferred compensation means something else in football? What am I missing here?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
No idea what Barcelona are up to. German media report Dembélé is staying and extending his contract. Now they also want to keep FdJ.
On the other hand they allegedly bit 50 million Euro for Lewandowski and are close to sign Bernardo Silva who has a price tag of 86 million £.
How the hell can a club as deep into debt as Barcelona get away with this.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Barca are skint.. they are collecting superchats on youtube streams, renting out their stadium for events..
They are just desperate to raise a few more million.. a lot of flapping about .. mostly out of desperation..

If we dont care and just want this done soon, we might throw a little more money their way.. if not, this drags on a little longer.
Moe Lester says "let Frenkie go!"

Fooza

For every 3-4 positive tweets, we'll get one dumb negative tweet

Typical window for united

Berbaclass

In deferred wages, which is wages they owe him from an earlier date but haven't paid due to whatever reason (probably having fecked their finances). They will still have to pay him that? Unless deferred compensation means something else in football? What am I missing here?
I'm no expert but yes they will, as far as I know.

It could well be this is the complication that is being negotiated. Would make a lot of sense.

Trex

I wonder why united choose to get themselves involved in this charade, it better be worth it.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I wonder how much they'd be paying Raphina and Lewandolski? Imagine being asked to take a significant pay cut to help your employer and then they go and recruit new employees who are earning a fortune. You'd think most people would have too much respect for themselves than to be okay with that
I would think FDJ far from being upset, would be delighted at having Raphina and Lewandowski in the team, no? I’d think that that would pretty much justify the wage cut, if that’s something he’s willing to consider. ‘If you stay, but on a lower salary we have a better chance of making the team significantly stronger’. I think that’s how the issue will be presented, rather than saying it’s a sign of a lack of self respect.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Love this thread....

4 or 5 positive tweets - Nah it's rubbish, Laporta has said he's not for sale, he's not coming.
1 negative tweet - It's over, close the thread, knew he's never come, he loves Barca too much and would play for free to stay.

Come on guys, absolutely no one has reported that he's willing to accept a lower wage! Barca will deliberately offer something they know he won't take in my opinion

Berbaclass

For a long time during these negotiations, Barcelona were absolutely silent and said nothing whatsoever.

The deal gets advanced, to the point of near completion and the PR machine comes to life...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Hopefully all this is Barcelona pathetic PR bullshit. A player who has no actual connection with that club should not be bending over and gagging at the thought of conceding all ground to their financial woes. feck them and their financial gymnanistics and move on Frenkie. They're not that special a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.