Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Kessie in and de Jong out is such a downgrade
Kessie may fit Barca better than de Jong did. Kessie gives the midfield a box to box defensive presence they haven’t had since Paulinho had a fantastic year at Barca. De Jong’s best position doesn’t exist at Barca

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
well yeah, but the quicker signings can join and get integrated into the squad, the better.
I imagine it's much harder dealing with a cash strapped club who is wanting the absolute most for their player than it is with a club that just doesn't want a certain player anymore.

The amount they get for de Jong both fixed and in add ons could play a massive part in their summer and even club future. They want him gone for sure but they NEED the most they can get form him. We know their desperate but they will most definitely play hardball

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
They’re doing these negotiations via post or something? I don’t know if it’s cause I’m weary, but this feels more tedious than sancho. We still don’t even know if it’s actually on :houllier:

El Presidente

I imagine it's much harder dealing with a cash strapped club who is wanting the absolute most for their player than it is with a club that just doesn't want a certain player anymore.

The amount they get for de Jong both fixed and in add ons could play a massive part in their summer and even club future. They want him gone for sure but they NEED the most they can get form him. We know their desperate but they will most definitely play hardball
The thing is, if Romano is to be believed, we already agreed on a 65m uprfront fee - a bargain in my eyes. The add-ons are 20m. It’s all about how they’re structured now. If that is true, we’ve already gotten ourselves a very good deal. Since time is of the essence now, we can be a bit more lenient with the add-on structure and not waste anyone’s time with Champions leagues and Ballon D’or clauses.

Hard to believe that’s the only blocker left though, as it takes way too much time.

croadyman

Cannot believe this hasn't been done yet

If I were ETH I'd be fecking fuming, Christ I'm not ETH and I'm fuming
Yeah this time last week I thought there was a slim possibility he could make the tour, however no chance it happens now with only a few days left til we fly out.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
They’re doing these negotiations via post or something? I don’t know if it’s cause I’m weary, but this feels more tedious than sancho. We still don’t even know if it’s actually on :houllier:
This board loves to waste time.

macheda14

Yeah this time last week I thought there was a slim possibility he could make the tour, however no chance it happens now with only a few days left til we fly out.
You know planes exist. He could make a good part of the tour.

Newtonius

What's even going on anymore? It feels completely dead. Worst of all he would be the centerpiece of this team if he doesn't come then any hopes of at least entertaining football next season are screwed lets be real.

croadyman

What's even going on anymore? It feels completely dead. Worst of all he would be the centerpiece of this team if he doesn't come then any hopes of at least entertaining football next season are screwed lets be real.
Don't reckon it's dead and now he's back from holiday I expect things to progress a bit, however see it dragging on until the middle of tour at least.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We supposedly enjoy the crazy free publicity such major transfer chases generate for us. The glazers seem to be willing to work at a snails pace to get the price as low as possible but I actually think they also see the extra publicity as not a bad thing. I’m sure any manager would rather they worked a little quicker.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We supposedly enjoy the crazy free publicity such major transfer chases generate for us. The glazers seem to be willing to work at a snails pace to get the price as low as possible but I actually think they also see the extra publicity as not a bad thing. I’m sure any manager would rather they worked a little quicker.
Glazers are in Barcelona negotiating? Very hands-on owners.

sepulturite

Very true but traditionally we generally don't do any transfer business once we have flown out
I don't think this is true, I'm pretty sure we've signed players while already on tour? Someone with a better memory than me will confirm that or not I'm sure.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They hold the purse strings and have final say on how much and when we spend. Of course they are integral in any negotiation
That's not how it works when you have a DOF or even with Woodward. They would have pre-agreed to a financial budget and maybe made some allowance to for unplanned circumstances. This amount was probably done back in January or earlier when they do the budgetary planning for the next year for an end-June closing. (I used to start my budget planning process as early as Sept/October the previous year for a June closing.)

They may get a final say-so for some unplanned buys but generally, they will not be involved. United is a publically listed company after all -- or they could never have been able to be listed. They will have some structure and processes in place like almost all companies.

There is way too much blame attributed to the cnuts that detracts from what they are actually guilty of.

Transfer negotiation isn't one of them.

Dr Foo

I don't think this is true, I'm pretty sure we've signed players while already on tour? Someone with a better memory than me will confirm that or not I'm sure.
I think there should be quite a few examples. Berbatov was signed just before the transfer window closed

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
What I find strange is that we have still not agreed personal terms with him. Usually clubs start talking to players soon after they get in touch with the selling club

DevTheRed

I’ll never forget Woodward flying back from a tour to complete a transfer that never happened.. think it was Kroos at the time :(

UncleBob

What I find strange is that we have still not agreed personal terms with him. Usually clubs start talking to players soon after they get in touch with the selling club
The common theme is that we're well aware what he wants and that personal terms won't be an issue, but they aren't agreed in advance.

TheRedHearted

How could it help their summer if it’s done on deadline day?

Yakuza_devils

It was widely reported that he wants to sort it out with Barca first. If no paycut or no significant paycut his priority is to stay in Barca.

If he decided to leave then I assumed he will expect Man Utd at least matching his current wages at Barca.

Ole'sattheWheel

The “why hasn’t he agreed personal terms yet” is the new “shades of Di Maria” of this thread.
He’s just been on holiday for a month where he proposed to his gf. I imagine the club aren’t gonna be ringing him every 2 minutes

Andersons Dietician

You would need permission from Barca to do such a thing. There has probably been a brief conversation with the agent of what is expected but officially they can’t talk to him about a contract until Barca say it’s ok.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Here I was, thinking this was a done deal by the time we’d reach 500 pages.

But hey, not to worry, never in doubt, should be locked in by the time we reach 600.:rolleyes:

Andersons Dietician

Decided today is the day. Good Morning TV just gave us a sign. Had a competition and the postcode was DE1 0NG, it’s happening.

stoinz

This and the Ronaldo wanting out are distractions that we do not need. I honestly do not know if we are cursed with dealing with bad transfers or just plain incompetent. We can't seem to deal with transfers quietly and speedily. Just so frustrating especially with a new manager, whom we need to give him the best chance to succeed - a settled team, proper pre-season to implement his idea with little media distractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.