Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
What sort of human being calls another person on the telephone? Much less daily.

Absolute wrong ‘un.

NewYorkRed

What do you mean by players like him? Positionally or profile?
I wrote a post the other day about this, but basically we can’t get top midfielders in. With the exception of Pogba (completely different type of player), we always seem to miss out on top midfielders that can dictate play eg Thiago, Kroos etc

saivet

Seems an odd move from him if that happened, especially if Xavi prefers the La Masia boys. If he does stay imagine he'll probably get sold next summer instead.

Slash your wages to play second fiddle? I think he'll still leave and we are in this race ...

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Where are people quoting the Romano "95% done"
Romano never said that. Its Spanish journalist Romero who has links with Laporta which mentioned that and he is saying FDJ is leaving most likely.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I will be very surprised if one player‘s wages is being reduced will be enough for Barcelona. He will be sold, because that’s the only way.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If De Jong prefers to cut his salary and stay at Barca instead of joining us, maybe we should look elsewhere.

OmarUnited4ever

Actually that's around 21,500,000 euros gross

https://salaryaftertax.com/es/salary-calculator

Using the catalonia tax rates

That's £18.25m gross uk or about £350k

If he wanted to carry on earning 11m euros net that's around 9.325 million pound uk (net)

https://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

Thats about £18m gross uk... so yeah about £350k a week

About the same as de gea and sancho which does not seem that unrealistic
Damn it, I was totally wrong in my calculations.

I googled and found a study conducted by researchers from European Parliament, on the Tax rate for footballers in Europe, for Spain it mentioned it was 47%, but upon further checking that file, it says in a table format that the top rate is 47%, but in a paragraph after the tax table, it says "Therefore, the tax rates applicable are a combination, of both the state and regional rates, which can get as an example up to a 50% in Catalonia."

So it would be annually 11m euros net = 22m euros gross in Spain (50% top tax rate in Spain-Catalonia), which is 420k euros weekly, which is 355K pounds weekly, your calculations were closer and more accurate than mine, i made a mistake in how to calculate the rates. (i added 50% to 11m, instead of getting what the amount that gets 11m as its 50%)

Looks like this saga is over.
Nonsensical this one. They need to bring in money and reduce wages. Frenkie foregoing a pay rise helps with neither of these, even without the pay rise he’s on massive money, one of their biggest earners.

Club and Xavi have already made it pretty clear that Frenkie may have to leave due to financial reasons.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he played like he did only for Barcelona - would that type of performance be good enough for us and how rubbish we are?

just asking because Barcelona really don’t seem to care about him so I wonder how bad he could really be.

I know how he played for Ajax and the busquet situation but still.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he played like he did only for Barcelona - would that type of performance be good enough for us and how rubbish we are?

just asking because Barcelona really don’t seem to care about him so I wonder how bad he could really be.

I know how he played for Ajax and the busquet situation but still.
What happened at Barcelona doesn’t matter imo since they are not using him properly. FDJ was ETH’s key player in 18/19 season and we should talk about how good he was in 18/19 when playing under ETH’s system. So I’m with ETH that FDJ will be one of the spine he wants to build his winning team around.

Pronewbie

Peep
If true, a player willing to take a big pay cut to stay instead of joining us means we should probably steer clear. HIs mind will not be in it even if he comes, especially since his partner and him are well-settled in Catalonia. The gloomy weather will be the icing on the cake.

Even if we somehow manage to sign him, I’d very much like the club to do a psychiatric evaluation as part of the medical - just to try and be sure that this doesn’t turn out to be another Di Maria.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What happened at Barcelona doesn’t matter imo since they are not using him properly. FDJ was ETH’s key player in 18/19 season and we should talk about how good he was in 18/19 when playing under ETH’s system. So I’m with ETH that FDJ will be one of the spine he wants to build his winning team around.
Had this argument with someone about VDB he was a key player for ETH but they was still insisting he wasn’t good enough for us… FDJ would be quality for us and I think we’ll see a new VDB aswell.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If true, a player willing to take a big pay cut to stay instead of joining us means we should probably steer clear. HIs mind will not be in it even if he comes, especially since his partner and him are well-settled in Catalonia. The gloomy weather will be the icing on the cake.

Even if we somehow manage to sign him, I’d very much like the club to do a psychiatric evaluation as part of the medical - just to try and be sure that this doesn’t turn out to be another Di Maria.
I mean, if he's willing to take the pay cut, I doubt we'll have much of a say in the matter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I mean, if he's willing to take the pay cut, I doubt we'll have much of a say in the matter.
I think he means that if his staying at Barcelona was not possible despite him trying to make every concession to make it work then we should avoid the player.

I guess it depends on how professional he is and willing to move on. But by all accounts he does really hold Barcelona dear. But if he's the sort to achieve excellence regardless then we should make it happen.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Got him going to city written all over this with gundogan on his way. Unfortunately this is what city have been doing for years replacing talent with even better talent. Not even getting my hopes up and if it’s true what they’re saying about would accept a pay cut to stay then we need to stay well clear

TsuWave

I don’t know what’s up with Real and Barcelona but the hold they have on players is crazy. They just never want to leave even when they’re not wanted/are being pushed out. Real I think I can kinda understand considering how many CL’s they have, but Barcelona wasn’t even that amazing a club until the Rijkaard revolution (they were a great club of course but not like tier 1) - and Messi isn’t even there anymore.

Are the paella’s really that enticing? Come try Sunday roast or something

GoldanoGraham

When there are no noises that the player is interested in coming then you know it ain’t happening……could be that Utd let it rumble on as speculation while they try and sort out something else under the radar……

last thing we want is this dragging on and on and being a soap drama over the next month

Green Arrow

When there are no noises that the player is interested in coming then you know it ain’t happening……could be that Utd let it rumble on as speculation while they try and sort out something else under the radar……

last thing we want is this dragging on and on and being a soap drama over the next month
Agreed if he doesn't want to come and there is no noise from his part it's best we move on don't want this going on all summer. This is a huge summer for players leaving and coming in.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

There were some noises about it 3 days ago:

Xavi already said it in interview anyway indicating that FDJ might need to leave. I think what Romero doing yesterday that he was told by the club to appease the Barcelona fans.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Looks like this saga is over.
Thats not exactly what Romero said. FDJ has to reduce his salary considerably and player might be open to that but it was just mere speculation . Also reducing wages wont help as Barcelona needs cash along with wage reduction. FDJ reducing his salary by 10-20% isnt going to help them. Its not like FDJ is going to play for them for free

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don’t know what’s up with Real and Barcelona but the hold they have on players is crazy. They just never want to leave even when they’re not wanted/are being pushed out. Real I think I can kinda understand considering how many CL’s they have, but Barcelona wasn’t even that amazing a club until the Rijkaard revolution (they were a great club of course but not like tier 1) - and Messi isn’t even there anymore.

Are the paella’s really that enticing? Come try Sunday roast or something
It’s the weather & always being in the CL every season.

Arsenal use Aubamayang as a striker and they never get to top 4. Aubamayeng gets signed by Barca and are in the top 4.

United are out of the cl then it becomes unpopular. If it’s not us it’s Chelsea. It was Liverpool 2 decades back.

ash_86

Ten Hag knows how to get the best out of De Jong. This one factor comforts me when compared to Di Maria , where the player didn't know about the system or how he will get used. FDJ 100% knows what to expect if he chooses to come here and that's very important.

RuudTom83

The media are loving this one.

The reality is most likely United/ETH are busy doing a million other things that is required for next season.

But the FDJ story is the one that’s keeping the media/fans occupied.

Loon

:lol:
Wish we could get this lad if ten Hag truly wants him. Unfortunately, I think this could be a summer-long edging exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.