Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volksie316

I am very worried about potential midfield signings, in the summer.

Every player, we have been linked with is either joining another club or is just completely unrealistic.

Kamara is likely going to Athletico.
Laimer is going to Bayern
Phillips will either stay at Leeds, or go elsewhere because of rivalry
Rice is unattainable this season
De Jong, was never going to happen, and he will either stay at FCB, or go to a team with CL Football

Of course, there will be more targets we look at, but United is not he pull, it used to be.

L1nk

Every player, we have been linked with is either joining another club or is just completely unrealistic.

De Jong, was never going to happen, and he will either stay at FCB, or go to a team with CL Football

Of course, there will be more targets we look at, but United is not he pull, it used to be.
What can you realistically expect with over 10 years of shite and now no CL football this season… United will always have pull regardless but you cant be surprised really. Im hoping ETH gets us back into the CL and has us playing attractive football that players want to play and then we’ll start to look the part again

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Here' some examples of this journalist's other transfer related articles from the past:
I wish there was an effective way to hold journalists to account regarding spewing nonsense like this. It’s ridiculous really but because people like to read about drama and theoretical happenings, they will continue to be employed via this lazy ‘journalism’, if you can even call it that.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

I'm not that worried... I certainly agree that a rice or de Jong is going be difficult (probably impossible) to get this year but actually improving our midfield which has to be the objective seems pretty easy.

Assuming pogba goes we will have

Cm/dm
Mctominy and Fred presumably with garner coming in as well

Cm/am
Bruno and vdb presumably with hanibal getting a few games (or going on loan)

Finding one or two cm/dm players who would make us stronger seems a reasonably achievable objective

Of course adding rice de Jong a d Bellingham isn't going to happen but players like
Ndidi, tielemans, neves, bissouma are all probably available to us and not at a totally crazy price ... they would all be an improvement on matic this season

Gravenbirch would be a player I would love to see as well and perhaps the eth relationship could be a factor (along with a big wage and more likley to get games) that could see us be a viable alternative to Bayern?

::sonny::

All fake news, Barcelona don’t want to sell him, de Jong wants to finish his career there as always he said

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I am curious what is "the right" money.
Credible spanish outlets said 60-70m EUR, Luckhurst I think mentioned the same but in pounds. Then there was one report saying they are trying to get 100m for him.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
All fake news, Barcelona don’t want to sell him, de Jong wants to finish his career there as always he said
Maybe the don't want to sell him but they need to sell talent in access of 100m before the end of May before they can even think of registering players they've already signed due to FFP. Coutinho has gone for 20m leaving a deficit over 80m. Do the maths. They could have a fire sale but De Jong is going to be pushed down the pecking order with the masia players given more playing time so eventually he's going to be surplus to requirements so it makes sense selling now while his stock is still high.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
More rumors now that he wants to go to City. Would be so boring. Understandable, but boring.
It's weird how when it's known United are interested in signing a player City come in at the last minute to show their interest. I think the cnuts are having a laugh with us. I can just imagine them sitting round a table laughing their balls off when said players price rises by 10m and then they drop out of the running. 4D chess at its finest.

bosskeano

he's every bit worth the 60m it would probably cost to buy him....he know the gaffer and he knows the system

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They're pretty much saying we're desperate for money and De Jong is disposable. I suppose they are trying to create an auction and then let him pick.

Hughie77

The new Wesley Snijder transfer? Let's see what occurs theres going to be alot more coming out before window closes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's where the term "Arthur'd" comes from

He wanted to stay, too, but Barca pressured him out for that money. The same thing will happen to de Jong, and hopefully we're the Juventus this time!

RuudTom83

Could end up being another Di Maria situation if he is forced out of Barcelona and ends up in Manchester.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Could end up being another Di Maria situation if he is forced out of Barcelona and ends up in Manchester.
That's not the Di Maria situation at all and a very lazy comparison. Di Maria was joining a manager and system that he didn't fit in with, never tried to adapt culturally (i.e. learn the language) and being benched for Ashley Young for an entire season.

What is the likelihood of him not fitting Ten Hag's style, refusing to speak English and being benched for McTominay?

Adamsk7

Indeed although I think his relationship with Ten Hag and Donny will help. Di Maria didn’t want to come but he was also shuffled around a lot, lost form, was burgled etc. At least De Jong will be an integral part of our side and knows what the manager wants from him. I also think Dutch players tend to get on alright in England due to the close proximity to their homeland (so can get home quicker) and there’s also more similarity with the cultures than Spain

Son

Real Madrid sold Sneijder and Robben in the 00’s so transfers like this do happen sometimes.

He could be obtainable but let’s hope City don’t come knocking if they sell one of their mids. Pep and Barcelona must have a strong relationship so if he’s as good as they say why wouldn’t City, PSG or even Bayern go for him?

Maybe he’s on obscene wages and that is right down our street. Either way he’s the best player we can realistically sign this summer regardless on paper.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Real Madrid sold Sneijder and Robben in the 00’s so transfers like this do happen sometimes.

He could be obtainable but let’s hope City don’t come knocking if they sell one of their mids. Pep and Barcelona must have a strong relationship so if he’s as good as they say why wouldn’t City, PSG or even Bayern go for him?
You don't even have to go that far back.

Chelsea got Fabregas and Kovacic.
Arsenal got Ozil and Alexis.

All were excellent despite probably wanting to stay put and being surplus to requirements, and de Jong would be for us, too. I don't get the worry some have just because we aren't his first choice.

Red-17

You don't even have to go that far back.

Chelsea got Fabregas and Kovacic.
Arsenal got Ozil and Alexis.

All were excellent despite probably wanting to stay put and being surplus to requirements, and de Jong would be for us, too. I don't get the worry some have just because we aren't his first choice.
Not like he's getting benched by some scrubs either. Busquets, one of the best to ever play his position, and Pedri, one of the best young players in the world, are his competition.

Rolaholic

That's not the Di Maria situation at all and a very lazy comparison. Di Maria was joining a manager and system that he didn't fit in with, never tried to adapt culturally (i.e. learn the language) and being benched for Ashley Young for an entire season.

What is the likelihood of him not fitting Ten Hag's style, refusing to speak English and being benched for McTominay?
Good post, only similarity is potentially being forced out. The context/background surrounding the two are very different though

Status
Not open for further replies.